If covered, how do I get Medicaid hearing aids?

Doris asked...

Is there coverage for Medicaid hearing aids?

About two-thirds of state Medicaid programs cover some or all of the cost of a hearing aid. States also put different conditions on eligibility for hearing aid coverage. These conditions may include one or more of the following:

• only the lowest income Medicaid beneficiaries receive coverage
  • coverage is only for those whose hearing loss is over a certain threshold
  • only partial payment is made
  • only certain types of hearing aids covered
  • restrictions on frequency of coverage.

Discuss with the doctor or clinic that has prescribed a hearing aid for you whether your state Medicaid program covers the hearing aids, and what the conditions are. You can also communicate with your state Medicaid program directly by contacting your local county social services agency. You can also find information about the coverage offered by your state Medicaid program by going to an Internet search engine and entering the name of your state and the search terms "Medicaid hearing aid coverage."

Cowgirlup7185 answered...

I would like to know if I have medicare and Medicaid insurance, if they will cover my hearing aids. My left ear is worse than the right, but, I most definitely need hearing aids. My hearing is getting worse and it's making me so frustrated that I have to have people repeat themselves over and over. Please let me know.

Thanks Karen Westmoreland

Slumgullian answered...

I am on Medicare and Medicaid living in TN.; one of the few a states that do not cover the cost of hearing aids for people with severe diagnosed hearing loss . How can I get this problem resolved?