Do men go through menopause?

Lea1515 asked...

Do men go through menopause? Is it considered a form of depression?

Newby1961 answered...

I think they do and I believe when they hit their late 40's into their 50's is when it happens. I think with them its more of a self esteem thing, they don't feel manly and attractive anymore. I think this is when you see a lot of spouses cheat or try to have emotional affairs on the computer with young gals. That old spoof that they go out and buy a fast car or motorcycle maybe true. I am not sure if it is a physical thing like with women but it surely is emotional at least in my opinion. I must add though, I am not a Dr nor am I a professional on this subject. Happy Holidays All. Peace & Blessings

Mal55 answered...

Yes, men do begin to go through a type of hormone depletion predominantly at age 40-50, only I think it is called angio-pause because men do not obviously "menstruate". They have higher amounts of testosterone (as opposed to higher progesterone in women) and all other hormone levels become depleted and unbalanced as humans age causing them various physio/emotional upsets such as : lethargy, fatigued, irritability, and decreased sex drive (low libido) --just as women do. Women suffer from hot flashes. Sometimes hormone depletion's can in turn disrupt the thyroid causing excess weight gain. People suffering from hormone imbalance need to get their blood tested to insure a health professional balance hormone levels --usually a physician that specializes in holistic medicine for natural hormone replacement. I am not a professional on this subject, nor do I trust most who claim they are. Anyone who is interested in a particular subject matter can read unbiased and scholarly information and do their own research to find out the best answers to their particular health problems, etc. Unfortunately and oftentimes, there is more "misinformation" to sift through since money motivates the resulting greed rather than love of the knowledge or profession.

Mariarodgonzalez answered...

Depends on a lot of things like life style changes and family love affairs . A family problem can cause turmoil and a man could start acting like if were menopause . Chemical imbalance in the brain would disrupt functioning correctly. I advise any one facing this problems to seek advise from a professional health care giver ,such as a mental health therapist or family mental health professional.