How can I get lumps under my skin removed?

Shinnyd asked...

I have two large lumps under the skin on my stomach. I am very depressed over them. Is there any way to get rid of them?

You do not say how large the lumps on your stomach are.  If they are very large, soft, and pop in/ out when you move, they could be hernias.  Hernias are loops of your bowels that project out due to weakening of the abdominal muscles.  The good news is that hernias usually are treatable with surgery. 

You should schedule a visit with your health care professional to have these lumps checked out.  You need to find out what they are, and if you can have them repaired.  Good luck!

Could it be a lipoma? You can have an ultrasound to check. 

Guber answered...

My son and husband has this prob. My son has a lot of them on his stomach. My dr told them it was calcium buildup and colesterol has caused them to form. You need magnesium in your diet. Have your levels checked for that. Good luck, Oh, don't have surgery, my husband did and they came back. It is nothing to worry over, just looks bad. Hope this helps. mary

Jessica krant answered...

The lumps under your skin may be even easier to treat than hernias or cholesterol deposits. There is a strong possibility they may be a benign, not dangerous type of fatty growth called a lipoma. Lipomas form for no known reason, and some people can get several of them. They are collections of extra fatty tissue in lumps, and can be removed with skin surgery usually just under local anesthesia with no need for a hospital.

I would recommend starting out with a visit to a board-certified dermatologist to determine if your growths are these harmless lipomas, and then decide together if you would like to have them removed. A few stitches may be involved, but you may be more comfortable with small surgery scars than with the lumps as they are now.

If they are not lipomas, then I agree it's not a bad idea to possibly get a painless ultrasound test to see if they are hernias or something deeper.

Cosette randazzo answered...

Thank You, as i have lumps rather small scally lumps under and on skin surfaces l am going to consult a dermatoligist soon. what foods are full of magnesium? i eat well. thank you. Cosette

I had some lumps on my forehead which were fatty deposits. The chief of plastic surgery at a local hospital removed them in his office. I had to ice my forehead and lay low for several days after the surgery. It took about two months for the area around my eyes to clear up so I did not look like a prizefighter. There was no scarring from the surgery and my forehead was lump free - for about two years. The lumps still annoy me, but I am in my mid-sixties and have decided to just accept that I won't win any beauty queen titles!

Hello, My mother has these problems. Now I do. If they feel like little bumpy roads under your skin in your torso, Is Fat. Even this happens to skinny people.

This lump I have on my stomach is under my left breast and it feels like a boil but it's under my skin can't see it but you can feel it and pain when you touch it what is it does anyone know