Is there an alternative to washing my mom's private areas?

I'm really uncomfortable washing my mom's genitals. Is there any way around this, or do I just need to get over it and do my duty?

Yes, this really must be done daily. The genital area is one of those parts of the body that need to stay clean, especially the backside. Anywhere that's fleshy and moist is prime territory for bacteria growth, which can cause odors and skin irritation.

Try not get hung up on it. It's best to think of it as if you were washing a baby or child. You just need cleanse the area quickly and be done with it.

There's no need to scrub. Simply wash and rinse the labia and outer vagina and between the buttocks. Use a wipe if you like. It may be easiest to do this while your mom is sitting on the toilet.

Ot student answered...

Ot professionals are inverstigating electronic bidets to assist with washing posterior parts of the body after toileting. Bidets are very hygienic and a great alternative to needing a caregiver help with this task, but can be expensive.

hope this helps

Katiebee answered...

You could hire a professional to come in every other day to wash your mother's private parts.

I could never do it. Too personal. Too invasive. My mother was very private. Very proper. Too me, washing your own baby is different.