Is there a urine bag to use at night without having to use a catheter?

Catheters are plastic tubes that are inserted into the bladder. They are used in people who cannot empty their bladders from some kind of medical problem. Sometimes they are used for incontinence management, but this is not a good idea, as catheters have many problems associated with them. First, they have to be cleaned and cared for. Second, to replace them, you need someone trained to put them in. Last, they are notorious for causing urinary tract infections.

If you are having incontinence at night, you can wear pads to prevent the wetness from soiling your sheets. If you are a male, some companies do make condoms that can be put over the penis that are attached to a drainage bag. I have used these products in my practice, but they usually leak, especially if you move around at night.

I would recommend that if you are having issues with incontinence, you can always find an incontinence nurse to help you find products to manage this problem.

Jill grant answered...

If you are in need of a place to look at different types of incontinence products please check out http://www.diaperingneeds.com