Is it safe to give massages to a stroke patient?

Dottiemac asked...

Is it safe to give massages to a stroke patient? He also has Alzheimer's and is a diabetic.

Yes, perfectly safe, and I encourage you to continue. Often times, stroke patients find this very soothing and helpful. It helps loosen up their tight muscles, and may even help wake up some of the sensory pathways.

Anniepickle answered...

My 80 yr old father had a massive stroke- The only thing that so far he seems to enjoy is my massaging his shoulders and neck and upper back once they sat him upright.

Massage is fantastic for stroke patients. My husband had also a massive left brain hemorrhagic stroke and I have massaged his affected side from almost day one (even when he was ain a coma). I cannot say, but he has recovered slowly slowly the sensations and a lot of the movements in all his right side and can now write and walk slowly with the aid of a stick. The massage helps with relaxing the muscles, helps relaxing the muscle stiffness and is very soothing for him especially before falling asleep. You can use any oil or professional massage cream and you don't need to buy expensive products at all.

Ajazz110 answered...

I HAD A MINOR STROKE ON MY LEFT SIDE, I AM DIABETIC, HAVE 2 STENTS . RECOVERED WELL ONLY AND MOSTLY FROM REFLEXOLOGY MESSAGE. I WISH ALL MEN COULD ENJOY THIS MOST RECOMMENDED MESSAGE. ALSO MY DEAR FEMALE DARLINGS PRACTICE THIS ON UR LOVED ONE AND DISCOVER WHAT IT IS TO LIVE N LOVE.