Is the Alzheimer's Disease Fund a legitimate research organization?

Alherimom asked...

Is ADF - Alzheimer's Disease Fund - a legitimate research organization to send a donation to?

Capt. susie answered...

Good question!

I recently received the mailed request for donation with an attached check for $2.50, maybe you did too. I didn't like their tatic in making me feel like I needed to at least mail that check back to them. . . so I didn't and I searched them online.
I found Alzheimer's Disease Fund (ADF) legitimacy/activities/use of funds was noted as VERY QUESTIONABLE.

Go to to read about "Project Cure" and the three "non-profit organizations" they use to pull in money- - ADF as well as the National Diabetes Fund and Prostate Cancer Fund.

You, I and so many others get these requests for donations pouring in once we make, with a true and kind heart, our first donation to a legitimate foundation. We are then left to filter through all the requests, check out the standing of a new one we are considering and to make wise choices where we donate our hard-earned money.

All the best to you in the new year, Alherimom.

What a scam!! Avoid!! Read the back of their fundraising letter. "Contributions made to Project Cure are used for fundraising expenses, administrative costs, public education and program services related to promoting research into Alzheimer's Disease and educating the public about little known ways to potentially prevent and treat Alzheimer's Disease." There's more double talk, but too lengthy to add here.