Does an inheritance affect Medicare eligibility?

My son, daughter, and I inherited a condo. My daugher is on Social Security disablity with Medicare but not on SSI. Should we sell the condo? Would her share of inheritence affect her Medicare?

Your daughter's Medicare coverage won't be affected in any way by her inheritance, regardless of whether you keep the condo or you sell the condo and she gets a share of the proceeds. Neither Medicare Part A nor Part B eligibility depends in any way on the amount of your daughter's assets or income. Similarly, her Social Security Disability benefits (which make her eligible for Medicare) are not affected in any way by the inheritance, even if the condo is sold and she gets income from the sale. Only income that is earned from current work is considered when determining eligibility for Social Security disability benefits.

Nodecafplz answered...

Medicare is now trying to stop services, and go after any money they have spent from my personal injury 6 years ago. I know this was standard for workman's comp, but this is new. I understand that laws are in flux and it is vague what Medicare can claim from personal injury. Can anyone provide insight on this?

My attorney never tool Medicare into consideration because it was understood that medicare could not affix to awards.