Do a husband and wife both receiving Medicare pay seperate premiums?

If we are married& both 65& get Medicare to we pay separate premiums for part B,etc?

Yes, each spouse in a married couple must pay his or her own monthly premium for Medicare Part B. In 2012, that monthly premium will be $99.90. If you happen to have joint net income of more than $170,000 per year (based on your 2010 tax returns), you'll each pay a higher monthly premium, between $139.90 and $319.70 per person, depending on how high your joint income is. If you are both receiving Social Security benefits, the two premiums will be deducted from your monthly Social Security benefit payment. If you are not receiving social Security benefits, you will be billed individually for the monthly premium amount.

The same thing is true if you enroll in a Medicare Part C Medicare Advantage plan. Each of you must pay your own monthly premium (although some Medicare Advantage plans have discounted premiums for couples who both enroll).

And if both of you enroll in a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan, you'll each have to pay the monthly premium for your individual plan. With regard to Part D drug plans, it's important to remember that the same plan may not be best for both of you. Because the two of you are likely to take different medications, one plan might provide better or cheaper coverage for one spouse's medications while a different plan would be best for the other spouse.

Mripds answered...

Yes. But it should not be that way. Retired military and guaranteed medical for life when I first joined. Now when I turn 65 I have to get medicare a & b. and both my wife and I have to pay premiums for part b.