If I have low blood sugar, can I take a metabolic formula for healthy blood glucose levels, or will it lower my blood sugar even more?

Isaac Eliaz, MD, is a respected author, lecturer, researcher, product formulator, and clinical practitioner. He has been a pioneer in the field of integrative medicine since the early 1980s. Eliaz is a frequent guest lecturer on integrative medical approaches to health, immune enhancement, and cancer prevention and treatment. For more information, visit www.dreliaz.org.

A good comprehensive metabolic formula should help normalize your blood sugar to bring blood glucose levels to a healthy balance. I recommend a formula that has a combination of Ayurvedic and Chinese medicinal herbs, together with specific nutrients such as Lipoic acid and L-Taurine. A good formula contains botanicals and nutrients that work together to maintain healthy blood glucose and insulin levels, helping to normalize blood sugar if it's too high or too low. This in turn can help to maintain healthy weight, stop sugar cravings, reduce inflammation and improve cholesterol levels, safely.