Where can I get a replacement card for my daughter's Part D prescription coverage?

Awg asked...

I need a replacement card for my daughter's Part D Prescription coverage. (I am also her legal guardian and representative payee.) Where can I get this?

Expert Answer

Medicare Part D prescription drug plans are actually private policies, issued and run by insurance companies. (All the Medicare program does is set up the rules.) So, your daughter's coverage is with one of the private insurance companies that issues plans in your state. The card is provided by the company that issued her the policy. If you know the name of the company and her plan membership number, you can contact them by phone and simply ask that they issue her a new card, to be mailed to your home. If you don't have that information, talk to the pharmacy where your daughter usually gets her prescriptions filled. They will have that information in their files.