I just found out my mom has Parkinson's. She is only 56.

My name is Nathan, I am 28 years old. I am married with 2 boys. Kruz is 2 1/2, and Kash is 7 months old. My wife and I have been married for 4 years. That is my background. My mom had a near death experience about 2 years ago, when she was having a heart ablation, one of her ventricles was nicked and she flatlined for 4 minutes. They revived her, and she has had a good recovery since. Since the incident she developed a small tremmor in her hands. For the last 2 years they have told her that the shakes were from her Prednisone that she was taking after the surgery. She just went over to a larger hospital in Wa state, (Harborview Medical Center) and they told her that she has Parkinson's disease. They are going to start her on medications to help the situation, and she also works out regularly, and is in very good shape for her age. I am very close to my mom, and my 2 kids are her whole entire world. My parents are happily married, they own a winery in Eastern Washington, and my dad is a shift worker as well. I am writing this because I am in need of some counseling, and I am trying to prepare myself for the coming future that my family is now up against. I have been educating myself on the disease, but I just found out about it and stumbled upon this website. I am looking for any sort of personal stories, or really anything that I can learn from others who are in similar situations. I am emotional as you can imagine, and hope this is enough to spark some conversation, so I can learn and prepare myself and stay prepared and ready to be there for her the best that I can be.

Thank You for your time in advance God Bless Nathan Kitzke

Hi Nathan, Thank you for submitting your story to our community. I suggest resubmitting your story to one our online support groups. You may share you experiences and connect with other caregivers there. Here you two you can consider:

You may also find some useful information in our Parkinson's Disease resource center here: https://www.caring.com/parkinsons

I hope this information is helpful to you and that you are able to connect with other caregivers as you potentially begin a new caregiving chapter in your life.