Could my hip be broken?

I fell on my right hip, landed on the hard edge of the bench seat in our camper. I have been walking fine and even laying on my hip with some pain but have a good size bruise. The pain comes and goes. If I am walking fine and climbing stairs at my split level home, could my hip be broken?

Usually, if you break your hip, you would be unable to bear weight (you couldn't walk) without being in severe pain. It is more likely that you just banged yourself up from this fall, and that is why your pain comes and goes. You should feel better in a couple of weeks.

Michellelynn answered...

I broke my hip, went horseback riding and then attended my boxing class. I still had pain days later so got an xray n found a full break in the neck below the ball of the joint. I suggest an x ray.

Betty1967 answered...

I know how u feel Michelle. I fell and broke my hip and the doctors didn't see it for , get this 19 agonizing months. I got hurt in late 2013 and I just had surgery 6 wks ago.

Tiffieeemarieee answered...

Betty1967 .... I have just found out my hip is fractured and it's been 5 weeks and they just now found it. Did you still have to have surgery after finding out yours was broken after a month?