How long does it take for hair loss to return after chemp?

How long does it take for hair loss to return after chemotherapy?

After 9 chemo and loosing my hair twice, I now have about 3 inches of hair. Last chemo was Aug 16th. Mary Jane Adams

I had four chemotherapy treatments. The last treatment was on July 6, 2010. I still have baldness in the back and on the top of my head. Other areas have just a little (1/16th inch) of hair. I must add that I am African-American. Maybe that is why my hair is not returning.

Valarie kingston answered...

I had 33 chemotherapy and radiation treatments for throat cancer. I was told that the chemo would likely "thin" out my hair, but that I wouldn't lose any from that particular chemo drug........ only to find out that the radiation treatment would have me lose hair at back of head at the nape of neck up to 1/2 way up back of head. its been 3 months now and just starting to get some regrowth in that area which is very very "baby down" like and is darker than my natural color. Doctor said most likely that it would be about a year for full re-growth of area.