How can I get financial assistance for repairs to my home?

I'M 64 AND ON DISABILITY… I NEED A NEW ROOF ON MY HOME OF 1700 SQUARE FEET , HOW CAN I GET HELP ?

Nan Hayes is founder of MoveSeniors.com, the national resource network of Certified Relocation and Transition Specialists for seniors, and President of RightSized Living, a senior home transition service in Illinois.

Most counties have a Senior Citizen Home Repair program. Requirements and assessment of the problem  vary and will usually require an evaluation of the problem along with the proper documentation including proof of home ownership, state disability, income statements, valid state ID and so on. Contact your county social services or your Area Agency on Aging for more information. 

Jjtjy answered...

I have the money for the materials for my roof but, I can't afford to pay anyone to put it on, please help me. I am 80 years old.

Linda thorsch answered...

Contact Rebuilding Together in your area. They go into low income homes and can provide materials and labor for repairs.They will also assist disabled vets to provide ramps etc. A wonderful organisation.

go city office I live in springfield Oregon I get 2 thousand dollars for 5 yeARS FOR emergency repairs I went through springfield city office I just got my roof done and my furnace you have to qualify