Could hearing a gunshot sound in head be a stroke symptom?

Mskat7777 asked...

Both my Mom and my Sister have told me that while they are in bed at night, they hear a gunshot sound in their head. This has happened on more than one occasion for both. Both have husbands who don't hear the noise, so it is truly internal. Is this a stroke? If not, what could it be? Should they seek help? Both have sworn off of doctors due to all the surgeries and health conditions they've had throughout their lives. Please help.

This does not sound like a stroke symptom.  Strokes would not be expected to cause the sensation of a loud noise - unless it was associated with a severe headache - which could indicate a sudden bleed in the head.  I would suggest they be seen by their primary care physicians, and that imaging of the brain be considered.  If their primary care physician thinks this could be a hearing issue (including problems with the middle or inner ear), an ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) doctor consultation could be considered.  If imaging of the brain and the vessels of the brain is negative, than their symptoms do not sound Neurological in nature.