How do I get my dad out of the bathtub?

Jennifer serafin, n.p. asked...

How do I get my dad out of the bathtub?

If you're having a difficult time getting your dad out of the tub, I recommend having him use a shower chair. This is a lightweight plastic chair that sits securely on the floor of a shower or tub. Shower chairs are standard in any medical or hospital supply store. A shower chair can be used in the tub or a shower stall. It's much easier to get in and out than the tub. You may need to steady your dad to help him get on and off the chair, but you shouldn't have to do much lifting. Your dad can shower in a chair (with the spray on his back or away from his face), or, wash off using cups of water from the tap.

This is a good question becase if your dad can't get out of the tub my himself, he probably isn't safe and secure bathing.  It's time for some adaptions. You should try using a shower chair, a sturdy plastic chair designed just for tubs or shower stalls. Shower chairs are sold at medical supply stores. Your dad can sit in the chair while he showers or while he splashes off with water from the tub tap. If he can't do this himself, you can wash him with cups of warm water from the tap. A shower chair will also help your dad get in the tub, and sit comfortably and securely while he bathes. You may also want to consider grab bars, which are also sold at medical supply stores. They can be attached to the tub and bathroom walls, to help your dad steady himself.