Is there a gadget to help Mom keep better track of her medications?

I visited my mom last week. She lives over 200 miles away from me and has no family near-by. While I was there I noticed that sometimes her weekly pill box would have a full Tuesday compartment on Wednesday, which means she didn't take her thyroid medication at all. She's in good health, but I am worried about her "forgetting" her pills. She's a real spitfire and independent and doesn't have any major health issues so I don't want to upset her but is there some gadget I could get her to keep track of her medicines like with an alarm or something.

Leedee answered...

The best thing ever is a MEDQ Pillbx. I set it for two weeks. When it's time for my Mom to take my pills. It flashes in the individual box she needs to take. If she don't see it an alarm beeps as well. She haven't missed a pill in months. She ended up in the ER last Aug from triple dosing. This "All-in-One" electronic pill dispenser is great

MEDQPILLBOX.com and its only 40 bucks. It's Amazing

Scienceofficer44 answered...

I was having problems remembering to take my medication. Not that i have memory loss but would settle in for the evening and just forget. I found a great Automatic Pill Dispenser that let me place my medicines in this revolving tray and it has a loud beeping and flashing light. To turn if off you have to pore the pill in your hand and you can program it to give you your pill from 1 to 4 times a day. here's where I found it. http://2brothersgiftstore.com Hope it helps

Lucymcq answered...

You can get your mom's medication sent to her in easy to take packets that are pre-sorted and labeled with the time of day she should take them. Sometimes managing all those meds is hard. In New Hampshire and Massachusetts www.pillpack.com can do this for you.