What foods help fight leukemia and aid recovery?

Loving husband asked...

What foods help fight leukemia and aid recovery? I just read the article on the 10 food groups that can prevent or fight against the occurrence of cancer but I saw no mention of leukemia. Can eating foods in these 10 groups help in the fight against leukemia? My wife was diagnosed with leukemia in April and has been through two sessions of chemotherapy and faces a possible bone marrow transplant. Anything that would help her would be a Godsend - please let us know. Thank you

Bonnie Bajorek Daneker is author and creator of the The Compassionate Caregiver's Series, which includes "The Compassionate Caregiver's Guide to Caring for Someone with Cancer," "The Journey of Grief," "Handbook on Hospice and Palliative Care," and other titles on cancer diagnosis and end of life. She speaks regularly at cancer research and support functions, including PANCAN and Cancer Survivor's Network. She is a former member of the Executive Committee of the CSN at St. Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta and the Georgia Chapter of the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

First, be certain she is well-hydrated. She will need a lot of water to process the chemotherapy and a possible bone marrow transplant.

Next, be sure she has a diet rich in iron and low-fat proteins. Foods you may want to consider for her are leafy greens such as  spinach, kale or collard greens; lean proteins such as chicken, turkey,  tuna, salmon, and shrimp; other proteins like beans and lentils; and other vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, and brussel sprouts.

You might also want to try blackstrap molasses and multivitamins fortified with extra iron.

My husband passed away in January, 2009 from complications of leukemia. He drank water by the gallons, ate lots of green vegetables, lots of proteins, and took numerous vitamins and minerals. Unfortunately, his diet did not help with his leukemia. I pray that maybe his might have been an isolated case and pray that those who suffer from leukemia will continue to follow the diet recommendations and maybe it will save their lives.

Searchbum answered...

The University of Florida has done research with Lukemia and how it is affected by the acai berry. They found the acai reversed 4 differnt kinds of Lukemia. Don't know what happened to the other kinds. The place to get the VERY BEST acai is from a company named MonaVie. For information go to www.monavie.com/milestones. They have 5 different blends. The best blend for cancer support is called M(mun). It has medical research showing it helps support the immune system. 4 ounces of the beverage is equivalent to eating 13 servings of fruits and veggies a day. It is a blend of 19 fruits from the color spectrum plus wellmun, which has many patents on it. It is an easy way to get high plant sterols to fight all the free radicals created from the chemotherapy. It also helps prevent infection and it reduces inflammation. The best part is that it tastes DELICIOUS!!!! searchbum

Diana711 answered...

When my Mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer we found a book titled "Cure Your Cancer" by Bill Henerson. It has down to earth answers and help for almost every type of cancer (if not all). He lists what works and what doesn't and where to find supplements at the lowest cost. If I ever have cancer or another family member/friend that book would be the very first resource I would get.

I highly reccomend Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide and absolutelyno sugar for any type of cancer. In this book though, there are specifics on diet,supplements etc for each specific cancer.

Hope that helps.

It helped my mom to live 1 yr instead of 3 mos.

Good Luck.

Diana

Evac answered...

I have been going to a blood oncologist for several years, and did not actually know why I was referred to him. About two years ago, I discovered that I have Celiac Disease, gluten intolerance. My daughter had been told by a Natural Dr. to eat gluten free as this food was causing her to be bloated. I went on the diet before going to my glastro doc, which was a mistake. He did an endoscope on me, about a week or so after I had changed my diet. This is a tube down the mouth, into the stomach and slightly lower. I did not have the indicators for Celiac in my stomach, which the doc explained that changing my diet for a week would change the blood chemistry in the stomach, but I did test positive for Celiac when he went beyond the stomach. This is not a hard diet to follow. Much label reading is required, to keep out flour and wheat products, even corn meal must be checked, as corn meal mix has flour and most restaurant corn bread or "hush puppies." Corn chips and potato chips are usually OK. I can eat oats, which I use in meatloaf and salmon patties and as a cereal, some people cannot eat oats. My favorite bread is called Corn Bread, from corn flour, from Canada at organic and specality food stores. More stores are starting to handle some products, Publix has some and Ingles is advertizing gluten free products. I get most from Greenlife, which is in Chattanooga and I think, Knoxville. Food Fare, new to Chattanooga area has a lot of gluten free foods. I do not recommend the gluten free frozen pizza, and have not tried to make from the mix yet. It is more expensive for bread, crackers, , cookies and pasta. Pasta noodles are available from corn, rice and quinoa, we think the last is best. Other wise, eat fruits (fresh or canned), veggies with no noodles, and unbreaded meats unless breaded at home. Label reading makes most soups a "NO" item, except most Progresso soups pass the test. Ice creams need to be monitored, we now eat a lot of sherbert. Not being a beer drinker is no problem for me, but it does not past the test, as do some other alcohol drinks, except maybe in limited amounts. I am 5 ft 2 inches tall, small boned, and adult weight was about 102 to 105 until I hit 30, then I added about five pounds each year until I had gone from size 6 to size 16 slacks were getting too small and I weighed 162 pounds and could not get it off. Two weeks on a gluten free diet, eating all I care to eat except no gluten caused a 13 pound weight loss. I am now down to about 132 pounds and my doctor wants me to not get below 125 or so lbs., and size 6 to 12 clothing, depending on brand and cut. I am age 70.

The BIG NEWS a year ago, was when my doctor came in after blood work very excited saying, my white count was down, my red cell count was up, and my platlets were good, and HE NO LONGER CONSIDERED ME TO BE PRE-LEUKEMIA!!! This was when I realized why I was seeing him!! He said, come annually, if I wanted him to continue following me, which I do. My recent check-up was great, my platlet count was about 435, I think, which I understand is great, and my white and red cell counts were in the norm limits. This is absolutely and completely due to not eating gluten products, period. I have contacted several fast food restaurants, requesting more gluten free foods, and putting some they had back on the menu, to no avail, one, Krystal did have a plain chicken on a stick, which I loved, but it is no longer available. My daughter has to watch fast foods due to MSG in foods, which causes headaches, naseau, and other problems. Last year, at Disney World, I asked about gluten free foods and the mgr on duty came with a loose leaf notebook, telling me what was available. When the food arrived, he informed me that he fried my frenchfries in fresh oil, to make sure they were not contaminated, which I considered most considerate. Many restaurants have gluten free food items or will prepare your foods to order gluten free, also NCL cruise line (probably others, also) prepare gluten free food on request, as I was sitting next to a young lady who told NCL when booking that she was gluten intolerant, of course, this meant eating all meals in the same restaurant. I was just careful of what I ate, and did fine. I hope this is helpful to some of you.

2xsurvivor answered...

All greens, raw foods need to be cooked if the white count is low. Safe to stay with cooked foods due to the chance of bacteria, fungus that can cause dangerous problems. Beets are supposed to be very helpful for the blood. There are foods to avoid during chemo due to the acidity and you do not want to annoy any sores that can develop. Water is best if boiled-as if for a baby. I only speak from experience. Rest, breathing, visualization to over come the difficulties...Food grade hydrogen peroxide? NO. Best not to interfere with chemotherapy...and that includes herbs-you need to be careful. Must be very careful with interactions with chemo and side effects. Careful with the iron supplements unless the doctor said so don't take supplements ASK before taking. You do not want to mess up the chemo or marrow PLUS if on antibiotics SOME may not work well with iron supplements-jut be careful...with chemo, pain pills the intestines may get sluggish. Prunes, oatmeal...good clean fuel. All the best. Miracles can happen! I am a two time survivor.

Patsaison answered...

I read in Adele Davis' book, "Let's Get Well" that a lack of Vitamin E may be a cause of Leukemia. She stated this is not proven. Adel Davis has been shown to be ahead of her time in a lot of nuitrition wisdom. Perhaps the Vitamin E connection should be checked out.

Hope this may help some of you. My uncle had died of Leukemia and he had no risk factors.

Seethepositive answered...

reliv non GMO products try reliv.com

Ncdave4life answered...

2xsurvivor (~7th answer above) gave the best advice in this list of answers.

AVOID "Kangen Water" (scam!), "food grade hydrogen peroxide" (scam!), reliv products (scam!), etc.

Google for:

kangen water quackwatch

All of the information you need is available from Brenda Cobb who runs The Living Foods Institute in Atlanta. I have met several people who have had cancer and gone there to learn how and what to eat and have not had to go on traditional cancer therapies. But many people that do go to her have had cancer and are in chemo but need to detox. Here's the website in case you are interested: www.livingfoodsinstitute.com. The BEST thing all of us can do is give up the meat and dairy. It is linked over and over to cancer. And, I don't mean "cleaner" meat. I mean no meat, no dairy. It is what's killing us. Check out www.pcrm.org for clinical research on how changing our diet can prevent cancer.

Brendaspage answered...

Hi,

My daughter age 25 just passed of a bone marrow transplant and I know all about AML always eat green vegetables leafy greens such as spinach, kale or collard greens; lean proteins such as chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, and shrimp; other proteins like beans and lentils; and other vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, and brussel sprouts. These foods cancer cannot live to well in this environment. Also no flowers no plants nothing from outdoors around you after transplant. No vistitors with the slightess sign of a sniffle it will give her pnemonia. My daughter passed leaving two boys behind and trust me it was so sad I feel for you i really do think twice before transplant they are very hard to make it through not as esy as they put it out to be she was healthier before transplant and ran in to exetreme conditions after transplant its very serious condition as I am sure you know and they will tell you what your up against but research everything so if it does happen your well aware of what the terms mean like graft vs host diesese and dry eyes and lung problems I went through the whole deal for 5 years and we lost the battle so I hope your wife makes it AML is the better of the two. Good luck and god bless I do not want to ever have to go through anything of the sort again be knowledgable and have a match or do not do it. trust me these are things the dr soes not tell you. It has been so hard and I feel for you I really do wow I am so sorry as well.

Debra'sthoughts answered...

Loving Husband, I have LGL (Large Granular Leukemia)which was diagnosed in May of this year. I know the stress you and your wife are under and I also know the anxieties that hit cancer victims. Someone in this forum said that Kangen and Reliv were a scam. I don't know about Kangen water, but I have been on Reliv products since August of this year (2010) and have been absolutely thrilled with the results. I no longer need to sleep during the day, in fact I outpace my husband who is on the go from early morning to late at night. I am taking 5 different products on Reliv and it has given me my life back. This is not a scam - in fact the company has been around for almost 23 years and the people I have personally met have been down to earth, regular people who have had a positive turn around in their health because of these superior nutritional products. I would absolutely look into this and also keep away from sugar. Eat a lot of fresh food! I truly hope your wife beats this! Debra

Amlsurvivor answered...

I have had a bone Marrow Transplant for Acute Myloid Leukemia. Be very careful while your wife is on Chemo with eating any raw fruits and vegetables especially if her white blood count is down (neutropenic)as they can cause bacterial or fungus infections that can be very dangerous. She needs lots of protein to rebuild all the cells the Chemo is destroying, Please do not take any supplements without your oncologist's ok as this can cause complications with her chemo. It has been 2 1/2 years since my bone marrow transplant. I have over 90% chance of it not coming back. It is not an easy process but it does work. The post above was kind of negative towards transplant, you have to be strong and keep from getting any infections and due what your oncologist says. Just remember healing is a very slow process.

I'm sorry to see so many cruel people using this to try to sell you worthless products, ideas, and to direct you to their websites so they can make money on their ads.

Most people suffer from a critical logical error: There is a huge difference, between something that PREVENTS, and something that CURES.

Eating and living healthy most likely diminishes your odds of getting Leukemia (even that is not proven though).

But they do absolutely nothing to CURE it.

Your best bet is to follow the doctors advice closely, do all the treatments that they tell you to do, and try to stay healthy and rested to give your body the best chance at healing and recovery possible.

DO NOT avoid conventional PROVEN western medicine for some 'miracle cure of the week' from acai berries, homeopathy, or other voodoo nonesense. There have been NO STUDIES that have proven any of this stuff does anything whatsoever to cure anything.

Good luck.

I am very sorry to hear about your wife.I beleive in the Meditteranean diet.Studies have shown that apricots are very good .The rate of such life challenging diseases in the Middle east is very less. God bless you and your family.

Lovingsoul answered...

IN 1992 Sweden's Lund University found that human breast milk in the presence of two acids (just right in a baby's tummy) will kill cancer cells. Those acids cause a protein in the milk, nicknamed HAMLET, to open up and stay open. It is this protein which kills the cancer cells. Discover magazine had an article about this in June 1999. Mix 8 oz. human breast milk (unpasturized -- can have been frozen for a long time) 1/4 tsp. vinegar (acetic acid) 1/4 tsp. olive oil (oleic acid) Take all at once, or space through out the day. Has a different taste so may want to follow with a little juice.

If a Mom is cleared by her Doctor to breast feed, the milk should be safe. La Leche League Mom's are a good source for the milk.

Back tonature answered...

To give your self the best chance of recovery DO NOT eat fried anything. The closer to natural (no processing, preservatives or additives) you can have your food insures you are getting the highest amount of vitamins & minerals from it.

Hhs answered...

My Hope is for your wifes Complete Recovery! May want to google Olive leaf extract, Essiac or Flor-essence ( which I have some loved ones on even through Chemo), Colonics ie Detox, Curcumin, Green Tea and Grape seed extract are some of the Heavy-Hitters I believe for Leukemia. (Many based on detailed ligit studies) !Others are covered by the previous excellent suggestions offered. ie: cancer diet, greens, hydration and such!
Your wife is truly blessed to have a caring husband such as yourself to stand with her. And in searching out the options available!!!! Wishing you Gods Very Best!

Zura answered...

Hi, I read one of the comments above about Reliv is a scam. No it is not true. I have been with Reliv for 8 years and through the years I have seen sooo many people got their lives back. People with cancer, children with leukemia, kids with learning disabilities, women with menopousal problems, diabetic patients, depression etc.etc.etc. Reliv does not meant to cure, heal or prevent diseases . They have a range of products all in powder form , to cater for people who need to supplement their food because the food that we eat have little or no nutrients at all due to various reasons. Most of Reliv formulas received PATENTS and they are science based company. Since Reliv manufactures their own products, which very few companies do, we can always refer to them for anything. With 30 days money back guarantee, anyone can try the products and if you are not happy with the products, simply return the empty cans and you get back your money. Just let us try to suggest to you what products to take and We are more than happy to share with you. You need not have to study the contents because the science is already in the cans. Should you need more info just email me at zuraziz@yahoo.com

Lsmith0192 answered...

Check out a cookbook called "Kicking Cancer in the Kitchen" by Annette Ramke & Kendall Scott. Their website, http://thekickingkitchen.com/, has a lot of great information too. A friend of mine is battling cancer and has this cookbook; she loves it. Good luck!

Horizonbts answered...

There are so many types of Leukemia which I didn't know until I was diagnosed in 2007 with CLL (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia). I have tried many different things, some have helped and some haven't. Several pieces of advice or tips I can give is I had a nurse "Patti" that gave me some good advice while going through my first chemo/Rituxan treatments. I asked Nurse Patti what was the best advice she could give for Leukemia and how to battle it. Luckily she had attended a seminar on Leukemia and the most single best advice she could give was good nutrition and eat healthy. I have followed that advice and it does help here are some things I have tried on my own regime through research. Sometimes I have low platelet counts and have found that Papaya Leaf Extract can help and boost it can be purchased on Amazon.com. From reading the reveiews others have had good results and then again some it doesn't help. I trully believe depends on the individuals. Another thing I do is juice, I love my Jack Lalane juicer..in the morning is best on an empty stomach as your body absorbs all the nutrients. I take a good multi-vitamin over the counter I have read that Centrum is about the best and did that for a while, but now trying an all natural multi from Rainbow Vitamins-too early to tell. Another thing I just recently ordered from Ebay on a tip from a friend who visited Hawaii is Noni capsules I may try the juice, but its expensive again too early to tell. Another thing I have tried and I think it has helped some and that is juicing beets in the juicer-careful about a 1/4 or 1/3 of a beet mixed with other vegetables such as carrots and apples to give it flavor is enough. I did notice too much beet juice makes me sick to my stomach...so cut back to about a 1/4 of a beet. I also take fish oil supplements just for general health and green tea extract. Again I try different things and give it time between blood work to see if I am getting any positive results or positive changes!! Best advice again I got is from Nurse Patti and she's right if I stick to eating healthy with some exercise, as even with healthy people you feel better and have more energy. Hope that helps some...believe me its been a learning curve for me with CLL and I have double edged sword as I also have ITP which is an auto immune disorder, but I do battle and try combat both. Good luck and God Bless!!

Amelia cain answered...

Try add turmeric.

Pannga answered...

hi there...my husband also diagnose with AML....March 2013,we decided not to go chemotherapy,i take the advice ofmy close family doctor to have COLONICS..EAT RAW VEGIES,TAKE USANA SUPPLEMENTS AND GREEN JUICE(7 PCS. OF THIS LEAVES EACH....KALE,LETUCE,TALBOS NG KAMOTE,SPINACH AND LEAVES OF BROCOLLI,WITH 2BANANAS,1 MANGGO,WITH 16 0Z OF WATER )THEN BLENDER IT...I PREPARE ALSO FOR MY HUBBY CARROT JUICE(USING JUICER) WITH SUGAR BEATS,APPLE,CUCUMBER AND CELERY,I GIVE HIM PINEAPPLE JUICE USING ALSO JUICER,AND WHEAT GRASS WITH BARLEY MAX DILUTE IT FIRST IN SMALL AMOUNT OF WATER(2oz0)BEFORE HE DRINK ALL THE JUICES(80 oz of green juice a day)..8oz every hour from 7am to 8pm,carrot juice 32 oz a day 8oz every 8am,11am,4pm and lastly at 7pm,EVERY MONTH BLOOD TRANFUSSION WAS MADE 2 BAGS,AND DAILY EXERCISE IN A TRAMPOLENE 30 MINUTES,OR ALTERNATE WALKING AROUND THE VILLAGE FOR 30 MINUTES...HE FEEL GOOD AND MORE HEALTHY.HE NEVER EAT WHITE OR RED MEAT,STRICTLY ORGANIC VEGIES AND FRUITS,SOYAMILK,WHITE MUSHROOM,KALABASA AND A PRAYER MEDITATION 5 TIMES A DAY 6AM,10AM,1PM,3PM,6PM.BEC. WE BELIEVE OUR GREATEST HEALER AND DOCTOR IS JESUS CHRIST,EVEN WE EAT THE NUTRIONAL FOOD IF YOU DONT BELIEVE HE WILL HEAL YOU,IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.I HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU BROTHER....IM ALSO LOOKING FORWARD THIS COMING SEPT.2013 AFTER HIS SECOND BONE MARROW ASPIRATION THERE IS NO MORE OR DEC. CANCER CELLS AT WBC...INCREASE OF HIS HEMOGLOBIN...AND MAY GOD HELP US AND WILL PROVIDE US TO SUSTAIN ALL THE FINANCIAL NEEDS,SPIRITUAL NEEDS MY HUSBAND AND MY FAMILY NEED TO WIN THIS BATTLE OF TESTING OUR TRUE LOVE,FAITH AND HOPE TO OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST...AMEN.

Agentorange survivor answered...

I was diagnosed with leukemia several months ago my DR advised eating a lot of fresh fruit I gained weight and more energy and then stopped immediately lost weight and energy I since have resumed and the weight is returning as well as some degree of energy

Gerigi answered...

What type of leukemia does she have?

My Husband that was highly infected with colon cancer with mets to other parts of the body, he was even given 6 months herbal medication by dr. fadeyi. God, life for the family was a living hell with sorrow in the heart, but today iam shouting out to the world that the herbal medicine has saved my husband from dying. he is still alive and we are in the 10th month. God is so great to the Faithful. Thanks to Dr Fadeyi that prepared the herbal medication for us that we used in curing my Husband. Once again I want to thank dr. fadeyi for his wonderful Herbal medicine. We are now happy family with my Husband back alive, strong and healthy.

Rain drops answered...

It's sad but the treatment and medication given kills off the individual...along with the stress and anxiety the person gains after being told they have a disease.Stay away from chemo therapy it brings intense body pain and damages cells even though it may shrink the mutated cells,please stay away from all harmful medications even if they are strongly recommended by the dr.

Jenniferkim answered...

For customized and effective treatment, diet and supplementation, make your starting point a DNA test. Don't just do a bit of this and a smidgeon of that, this protocol and that avoidance... That is sure failure. Avoid chemo; it will weaken your immunity and cause premature death.

To cure anything, you need to know what caused it. A DNA test (and the (probably many) subsequent smaller tests) will give you personal information about things like: what nutrients you can and can't digest; what diseases you are prone to get; which of your genes are being blocked from expression by lack of the right enzymes; what exactly is causing the chronic inflammation in your body; which minerals are you deficient in and why; and MANY other things. It needs to be interpreted by a doctor or naturopath.

Also get a Food Sensitivities test. Otherwise you can eat all the wholesome foods in the world but still be malnourished. Along with that, get a Stool test to see what the body is not absorbing, whether your food travels through you at an optimal pace, etc.

So in other words, first shine some bright light on the problem of your leukemia (or any disease) so you can see how to go about repairing things. No point in throwing foods, treatments and supplements at yourself blindly, or in having any doctors shoving chemo drugs into you blindly. (If you do go that route, they should be testing to see which ones are suitable for you individually.)

I have chronic myeloid leukemia, diagnosed in 2001, and until 2013, I was a fool -- I took the doctor's leukemia pills for 8 years, made no difference. I then discarded them and tried a few alternative protocols, all ineffective. Then I discovered TrulyHeal.com, got the DNA test, then followed up with a food test, stool test, many blood tests, abdominal ultrasound to check for organ abnormality, and now I know what caused my toxic build-up (other than the fact that they're all around us), what foods to temporarily avoid till the sensitivity fades away, and what supplements to take and why.

Of course, stick to an anti-cancer diet, which is easy to find online -- low carbs, moderate protein and moderate fats. Cooked food is fine as long as you also have lots of raw. Of course, everything organic, uncontaminated. Coconut oil, big salads, greens and green juice, berries and green apples only for fruit. Big detox required! Get colonics, coffee enemas, infrared saunas, lymphatic drainage, chelation; gotta shed that build-up of toxins. IV vitamin C is very helpful and usually available. We're all deficient in magnesium -- we overdo the calcium and live stressful lives -- so get some Mg powder, Mg lotion, Mg oil spray, Mg flakes for the bathtub. I had hyperthermia in Germany -- it's an induced fever that wakes up your immunity -- but since it's effective, it's illegal in most countries. Be faithful about daily exercise because a central pre-condition for cancer is a chronic deficiency of O2.

Remember that no doctor can cure you, no healer, no naturopath; we each created our own cancer and we each must heal it. Our immune systems do the job but only if they're awake and active; and our ongoing attitudes and emotions are central also. Raise your Havingness for good health -- there's no reason why you have to be sick. Stay upbeat! And don't give up! :)

Eddyeagle answered...

I had miraculously recovered from acute leukemia in 1968. I was then 19 years old. It was an acute myeloblastic leukemia confirmed by three hospitals. There was no bone marrow transplant at that time in my country and I was treated mostly by huge doses of corticosteroids (prednisone, dexamethasone, etc.) also mega doses of vitamin C and whatever doctors could think about, also perhaps more importantly by blood transfusions. I did not follow any particular diet and I do not know why I survived, but I think it was because I had realized during an eight months stay in hospitals that many people have loved me, my family, friends, and a wonderful girl whom I still love (!), but fate did not let me to marry. So perhaps the most important thing is to realize that you are loved and still have lots to accomplish in life.

Fighting for life. answered...

My husband was diagnosed with leukemia cll,35 years ago.apart from staying clear of infections,and having 6 monthly checks at our local Hospital he has been active,fit and well.Until 6years ago,he had a blood change.followed by chemo,and another good 5/6years.now he Is 83 yrs .He has been so lucky ,apart from the Cll he has had good Health,done his allotment ,done lots of dog walks had a great life. Things started to change in February of this year,and we have been Struggling since,with chemos , blood transfusions,hospital visits big weight loss,due to the chemo killing his appetite,weakness , things are not good,he has been home 2 days ,after 13 days in Hospital,the Docters have been great but the pattern for the last 3 months ,has been ,weeks. In hospital,2/3days at home,etc etc,it is a hugely complex thing,his age is. against him .It is totally fatigueing For us both,we live 25 miles,cross country from the hospital. It's a day at a time,and wishing for a mirricle! Ing I

Change

I have cml and have been put on gleevec's imatinib. Have you done your research on this drug. Check with your doctor what he knows about this drug.

Ebima mbowe answered...

hi, i am Ebrima mbowe live in the Gambia west Africa. i was having slowen liver and spleen then i went to senegal for treatment, so went i was examin by the doctor and doing many test, the doctor said that i have chrinic myeloid leukemia. i am taking gleevic and now am feeling little bit better. please i need support and lot of advises from u. thanks.

Mr paleo answered...

The ABSOLUTE worst culprit for ANY cancer, Is a high carb (ESP. sugars) diet... going STRICT Paleo, and ORGANIC is an absolute must. There are several supplements which help tremendously, please contact me privately for more info.

Firstrate answered...

I have been a vegetarian for 24 years - no meat whatsoever. I also do not drink milk or eat eggs, but I will use them in cooking/baking. In 2000, I was diagnosed with Hairy Cell Leukemia at the age of 30 when I was pregnant with my third child. I was treated with chemo and had a 3.5 year remission and then found out I had relapsed when I was pregnant with our 5th child (#4 was adopted). I was retreated with chemo and achieved a six year remission. HCL is a chronic, very slow growing cancer that is usually found in men aged 55+, so I have never fit the profile. I now have it for the third time, recently tried a clinical trial drug that worked well on the cancer cells, but the side effects were too bad for me to continue taking it. I am now in another "watchful waiting" period and am supposed to have chemo again when my counts warrant it. My point is, if eating meat and dairy caused cancer, I would have never had this disease. I eat a lot of vegetables and, honestly, quite a bit of pasta. At age 46, I still weigh what I did in high school, and I have been dedicated to exercise for the last 11 years - so absolutely no weight issues. I also had Graves Disease (hyperthyroid), which is an autoimmune disorder. OF COURSE I do not want to have chemo, and I am searching for natural ways to strengthen my immune system, but it's almost impossible to weed out the truth from the lies. The "naturopathic/homeopathic" industries are often just as shady as the pharmaceutical. Anyway, I came across this site while researching dietary changes and just wanted to put my two cents in regarding meat eating.

Ocean13 answered...

People need to explore the possibilities out there. The Truth About Cancer is a 9-part documentary that gives hope to even late stage cancer patients. There are very real treatments AND cures happening around the world that the pharmaceutical industry is trying desperately hard to conceal. Cancer treatment is a self-sustaining, big money industry. These alternative treatments & cures do NOT interfere with conventional treatment, but work along side them. Alternative treatments will either benefit the patient or not work at all, but they NEVER harm the patient.
Cures do exist. Food DOES make a difference. Do your homework.

The first 2 episodes of this documentary are available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJAzQe7_0g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_sX5ko8SE

Jsjs answered...

Avoid GMO's Genetically Modified Organisms in all food eaten. GMO's contain Glyphosate residues which are toxic to the body. Glyphosate is a Neurotoxin and causes tumors and abnormalities in mice and pigs. Eat antioxidants and healthy organic foods or if you can't get organic make sure at least food in NON-GMO. Suggestions from a licensed practical nurse and avid gardener....