(800) 973-1540

What could cause my feeling faint?

I feel like I am going to pass out when I am lying in bed, sitting or doing things around my house. Sometimes I have trouble sleeping. I have been getting migraines a lot lately. What do you think is going on?

Feeling like passing out, especially when you lie down, is concerning. Common reasons for this feeling are anemia, heart problems, neurological problems, or blood pressure changes.

I would schedule a visit with your health care provider right away, as they need to investigate what is happening to you. I would also mention the difficulty in sleeping, as well as the increase in headaches.

except for the headaches i used to get all your symtons. i did pass out a lot, couldn't sleep and felt weak on the job. i went too my doctor and after the usual blood pressure and stethascope,we talked for a while, actually we get along great and are honest with each other. anyway he made an appointment with a pulminologist who gave me a stress test, an x/ray of my chest a spirometor test. turned out i had and still have COPD. so if i were you i would see your doctor and tell your story to him/her. don't be like me and wait too long. good luck

This could also be symptoms of bradycardia, which means your heart is hsving episodes of slowing or stopping for a few seconds. It's easily corrected with a pacemaker, but you do need to see your doctor immediately.

I had the same problem of feeling faint quite a bit and then one day I did fully pass out, hit the concrete and had to get staples in my head. That was a blessing in the end because it turns out that my heart was messing up...I was admitted and got an ICD, Implantible Cardio Device, like a pace maker, but this one is a defibrillator, it will shock me when my rhythm gets off beat and hopefully will save and prolong my life. I also have asthma, COPD, allergies, migraines and now have to worry about my heart. My cholesterol was normal before the fainting spells started. I would donate blood every 2 months so it was always checked, then my blood was rejected for donation because some antigens in it were making the recieving people of my blood, sick....my cholesterol went up, triglyerites went up, the good went down, like within a 2 month period. Now with meds and my ICD, it seems to be working...I'd say for sure, get your heart checked...I'm only 53! Good luck!! I also agree with Lady Ayn above.

overthehillcowgirl. one day i blew my nose and blood came out of my ears not much. i went to the ER and they told me i had ruptured eardrums. i made an appointment with the ear doctor who gave me meds cleaned my ears the whole 9 yards. a month later i went back for a follow up and told him i really didn't feel bad but i sure didn't feel great. he poked around asking does this hurt , does that hurt a few times i said yeah that hurt. he made an appointment with a neuro surgeon who ordered an MRI and found i had a small anueryism in the dead center of my brain 3mml? long very small but it was in a spot that required skills he didn't possess and sent me to columbia presberterian in NYC. winds up the doctor ddidn't accept my medical plan as i live in connecticut, and i didn't have the cash on me to pay him . i let it go. the last MRI i had taken on my lungs showed that the anueryism had shrunk.i didn't understand why but i never question good news. so i would suggest you see a specialist because an earache shouldn't last for more than a few days if properly treated. there may be an underlying problem with a simple solution. ask your P.C. for a recommendation or go behind his/her back and ask friends. good luck and God Bless

I have the same feeling too since last night. When I lie down while having a blanket, I have a tendency to chew on the blanket a lot and thats when I start feeling like Im going to faint but then I take the blanket away and suddenly that feeling goes away

By all means you should speak to a physician about your episodes. However, as others have said, there are many many different causes to feeling like you will pass out and thus many different physician specialties that deal with a solution depending on what is really causing the episodes. Don't be embarrassed by this, thousands and maybe millions deal with this. The key is to figure out what is truly causing it so that you can figure out the way(s) to stop it from recurring.

I'm lightheaded and faint when changing positions in bed, moving whatsoever, moving my arms around, lifting my arms, lifting my legs, pushing myself up on the bed, pushing and pulling anything, lifting, standing up, walking, talking too much, laughing, or just having a vasovagal response or reflex. I have had this problem for many years, however, it got worse after being deconditioned. My muscles became deconditioned because of a very sedentary lifestyle, which was due from me having severe lung issues as well. I have 30% lung capacity. But I would like I had it before I even learned about my lungs or even had major symptoms. Little lightheaded is just natural for me, but it has gotten much worse through the years, after being D condition. It is a catch 22 in my case. I believe it is lack of oxygen to the brain. This could be due for an adequate blood flow to the brain, caused by blocked arteries or aneurysm or cyst or tumor. However, it could be also be called simply due to sedentary lifestyle. That way the blood does not get pumping the way it should. Or, it could be from a bad heart. If the heart is weak, or if it is not pumping the blood correctly, the oxygen will not reach the brain. And don't even go by the pulsometer. That thing only reads the oxygen in your fingertips. You need an arterial blood gas sample which basically tests the blood oxygen level in your big arteries. Also an ultrasound of your brain would help. MRI of your brain as well, MRA as well. Stay away from ct cans because they can cause you cancer. Get your heart checked with an echocardiogram and a stress test. It is very essential. You could have something going wrong with your heart, lungs, or both. The heart and lungs work synonymously with each other.