Does diphenhydramine cause restless leg syndrome?

Chiltm4r5 asked...

Karina m answered...

It is very rare, but diphenhydramine can cause restless leg syndrome, or RLS. RLS can be identified as the urge to move the legs (or other parts of the body) due to tickling, itching, or burning sensations felt in the affected area. Those who already have RLS are advised not to take diphenhydramine as it can aggravate and worsen the problem.

Gertie answered...

It's not rare! I take diphenhydramine and it makes gives me restless leg syndrome, which I don't have normally. I'm young. I'm so tired of being told "I've never heard of that" by doctors when I tell them what happens on drugs. So, I looked up "diphenhydramine RLS" and found your post, and joined JUST SO I COULD ANSWER.

I took diphenhydramine to go to sleep early the night before I had to take the SAT and it kept me up all night. What a disaster. People think it's so rare, but it's not unusual at all for benadryl to have a reverse effect, or more precisely, to give you RLS. Makes me angry!

Melatonin ALSO gives me restless leg syndrome.

Same here. Took me a long time to put 2 & 2 together on intermittent RLS and then test the hypothesis. By very strong correlation (ABAB sort of self-experimental design), diphenhydramine taken within a few hours of bed makes my legs go NUTS. It's miserable.

Ammarah answered...

i am also a victim of this phenomenon.. i feel restlessness not only in legs but also in arms and forearms. its so difficult to tolerate.. :(. i cannot even take tylenol pm if i need to.

Pmalemes answered...

Hi all!

I am so glad to read this. Lately I have been having trouble sleeping. I have been taking some Wal-som (generic form of Unisom) for sleep. Did you know diphenylhydramine is the ONLY ingredient in Unisom-Walsom? The ONLY ingredient. Crazy.

It's also the only ingredient in Benadryl. What? How even crazier! So, drug manufacturers, which is it for? Allergies or sleeping? It seems we are "being had" here. Pharma is trying to "kill two birds with one stone" and we are the guinea pigs.

Needless to say, I thought I could take more Wal-som when I felt so restless (all over my body, not just legs) and it has an adverse affect.

Absolutely terrible! From now on, chamomile tea, some 5-HTP or valerian root for me. No more of this mystery drug.

Philabenroth answered...

Do any of you know if there is a remedy during the restless leg syndrome from this stuff? I'm fighting it now and am miserable.

Thank you all for anwers. I got some diphenhydramine specifically because my withdrawls from opiates will not allow me to sleep (still after over 1 month). The diphenhydramine makes me jerk like I'm going into convulsions and also makes my skin crawl. It does the exact opposite of what I bought it for.

Hell ya it causes rls!!!!

Petlover answered...

Hi, I am withdrawing from opiates and at first, diphenhydramine seemed to help, but in the middle of the night, I took another and 15 minutes later it was as if I was convulsing. Does anyone have any advice to make this stop?

Flashtwo answered...

This is gonna sound crazy but one night it was so bad I couldn't stand it. Looked on the Internet and found a remedy. I was so desperate that I tried it. Put a plain, white, bar of soap between your bottom sheet and mattress pad or mattress. I use Ivory. It works great!! When my legs start acting up I go lay down and put it against my leg or foot. Hubby kept trying to remove the soap until I asked him when the last time was that I woke him up kicking. He's never said anything about it since!!

Took 500mg of diphenhydramine one night and my legs went crazy. A non stop intolerable tickling sensation occurred in my lower calves and ankle area. Some times it was worse in the left leg, other times it was both legs. The only relief I could get was to move them or get up and walk or jump around. But then it came back within under a minute. If I tried as hard as I could not to move my legs during the sensation, they would move on their own. Ive had more mild symptoms of RLS on normal doses of diphenhydramine, but nothing this bad since i withdrew from synthetic marijuana. So yeah, diphenhydramine does cause this, and is absolutely intolerable on very high doeses.

Entropy111 answered...

same here. it gives me crazy legs..can't sleep at all on it.

Try Unisom. It uses the same active ingredient as NyQuil, doxylamine succinate. It does not give you crazy legs.

Finding it drives me crazy to take Tylenol PM. Cant quit moving! Sucks when all you want is a good night's sleep!

Gjan answered...

I was glad to hear that others have this restless leg syndrome when they take anything with diphenhydramine. My husband takes it to help him sleep but it works the exact opposite for me, terrible feeling and have to get up and move around until it wears off which is like 4 or 5 hours.

Cleir answered...

To gertie, thank you. I am also in the same boat, I'm young and took some Benadryl to help me sleep the past two nights and was met with drowsiness and maddening RLS in my arms and legs. I freaked out because I could not find any answers until I saw your reply. I will definitely watch for this in the future. Thanks again.

Rogi answered...

Doxylamine succinate is an anti-histamine as well and can trigger RLS.

I took took the diphenhydramine and boom I have RLS. And I have not has these symptoms in years...wow...annoying as all get out

Gjan answered...

I cannot take anything that has diphenhydramine in it and most all over the counter sleep products have it. If I can't sleep I just get up, make some soothing hot tea (no caffeine). I like Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra herbal tea. Then read something calming. Hope this helps some of you.

Dcoyle answered...

U have to be careful... I have RLS from Benadryl... Regular strength has docylamine, extra strength has diphenhydramine... Get the regular strength, I never got RLA from that

Mary4986 answered...

YES!! Both Benadryl and Doxylamine give me HORRIBLE restless let syndrome. Even though I took both of them for years with no problem. It is absolutely miserable. It happened all of the sudden, too. Right now I take Melatonine and the Bachs sleep remedy, and that works well.

Cfbgirl09 answered...

I've tried every OTC sleep aid & it never works. Even the all natural one created by Physicians. All of them can make slightly groggy but irritable & my legs ache & twinge. Even tried Melatonin with no luck. I also do not have regular bouts of RLS however never fails with sleep aids whether they have diphenhydramine in them or not. It's so frustrating. I've taken Ambien Rx but it stops being affective within about 2weeks. If anyone has a natural effective alternative please pass along. I would truly appreciate. Thank you !!

Seashellz1975 answered...

Oh, yes. I have experienced with RLS when I take any medications that have diphenhydramine in it. So frustrating!! I would appreciate for any one of you to share with me or others of which over the counter that doesn't have diphenhydramine in it, so I can have good night sleep. Thanks!

Jenm9601 answered...

Looks like its not rare seeing that so many people on this site have looked for an answer to the same question, "Can Benadryl cause RLS". The answer looks to be on many peoples answer as yes..... so no, its not rare. Happy to know that im not the only one that has put two and two together, as one blogger answered.

Shesaphleb50 answered...

Omg, I thought I was crazy! Whenever I take Tylenol PM it makes my legs feel horrible. I quit taking it but I can still remember that awful feeling. For all of those that struggle with RLS, I feel for you!

420doc. answered...

Yes. Pm meds cause RLS,but for me its always my arms non stop jiggered in my for arms and wrists.BUT. there is a solution just get a nice rolling paper and a small bag of gonja roll a nice tight joint smoke out an have a good night....after a ham sandwich ;)...hope this helps

This may sound silly, but it helps every time. I feel that getting your blood pumping eases the feeling. I get up and do jumping jacks or push ups until my heart rate goes up and then afterwards I am able to sleep comfortably. Try it.

The Diphenhydramine in Benadryl triggered my RLS so bad in my third trimester of pregnancy, that I got the RLS in my ARMS as well as my legs. If you have RLS... don't take it. It makes it way worse I promise!!

I very rarely ever get RLS normally but seem to always get it when taking diphenhydramine. I would normally get it in the legs but find that when taking diphenhydramine it's always in my arms. Drives me nuts for about an hour or so then tends to subside.

Kirkandmimi answered...

Not that you need more evidence, but I have restless leg syndrome and have had it all my life - some nights are better than others, but lately I have been having trouble adjusting to a new mattress. I tried taking a Nyquil ZZZ (new sleeping ad) and - worst night of sleep ever. I took it at around 11pm and finally slept a little around 6am. I had taken Tylenol PM in the past with the same results and for some stupid reason I thought my body might have changed. Dumb move on my part.

Antihistamines, melatonin, SSRI's, and some muscle relaxers give me RLS. Only way to get rid of it is w/Lyrica, Neurontin or something that boosts dopamine and/or endorphins in the brain (e.g. Pain meds, hot showers, hot chocolate, sex, exercise, etc.).

My mom has RLS and she also cannot take anything with Diphenhydramine in it... laying a heating pad over the legs or arms seems to work for her if that helps.

What helps well ME hopefully You too :) blue capsules of Diphenhydramine FORGET IT !!! for me they make even my brain nuts feels like I have taken a real bad Ecstasy pill . The legs feel annoying the brain gets crazy and feel like want to run out of my body. So if I have taken "accidentally" one and get that feet thing going on I get rid of it that way: 1) I do walk awhile and twice in 5 minutes (30 sec) just to clear my head not the legs and as soon as I do not think about how mad I am it goes away. 2) when I feel that issue starts I drink right away 2 bottles of water even it is hard to drink in that moment . That makes me run to bathroom and get that stuff out and to think about it that is out helps me very well. 3) After the bathroom break I set a pillow under my ankles laying on my back and put on a happy face close my eyes and tell myself " uuhh..finally over" And that is true just after that I fell asleep like a baby. It seems that you can control it with your mind a lot kind of like fooling your brain telling yourself it is over I got it out :) Well that is how it works for me . But here is one Diphenhydramine pill what really works like a sleeping pill and no darn leg or brain issue and no drowsiness or panic. It is WALGREENS sleep aid mini caplets. Little oval blue pills . NOT Capsules or round pills!!!! Oval blue ones with different kinds of amounts in jar or package. If I would have to rate these on scale 1-10 I would give 9 cause with Diphenhydramine you will have to go to sleep in 15-20 min. after taking them otherwise you kind of loose the moment . But if you are in the right place at the right time then these are the first ones that in my opinion really work kind of like prescription meds for sleep. Good luck to everyone :) Here I the link with the product. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=369915&catid=183129&aid=338666&aparam=369915&kpid=369915&CAWELAID=120142990000034801&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=369915

Psm answered...

I never had restless legs in my life - I'm in my 70s. I got the Walmart generic for Unisom - same active ingredient - and it actually kept me awake most of the night. I didn't make the connection immediately, but after about three restless leg episodes, I figured it out. Sleep is overrated, anyway.

I took Tylenol PM last night and suffered from RLS. It's not the first time this has happened either. And by RLS, it doesn't have to mean just legs, it could be other parts of your body as well.

I think it may be due to slight over dosing. I took two pills instead of one. Two is well within the recommended dosage, but I forgot that two gives me this issue.

The best advise I can give to defeat RLS is to get up and start doing a hard workout. I find push-ups and or squats will literally beat the RLS out of me.

Shelblong answered...

I get RLS from it too. One time it was in my arms. It was so horrible I just hopped in the shower and it actually made it go away. I just wanted to share that. TRY TAKING A HOT SHOWER

Fannygreen answered...

I've been taking just one Tylenol PM almost every night for 15 years. Just recently I've noticed that I cannot fall asleep for hours and hours, my body in constant motion. Mostly my legs. It took awhile to realize what might be happening, then I found this blog. I am tossing the pills out and going to get some Chamomile tea!

Jodlove22 answered...

I have experienced the same thing with Diphenhydramine. RLS. So annoying and the ache is almost painful. I can take one a 25 mg without experiencing RLS. Prayer works for sleep. Start praying and you will fall to sleep fast. :-)

Robdoode answered...

I've been taking CVS nighttime sleep aid diphenhydramine, I've had rls for as long as I can remember, good days bad days, but this stuff really takes it to a new level I've only recently tried this stuff, I've taken up to 100mg, usually 50 mg, it's the blue softgels type, having rls sucks I took one at about 1 am, hit the bed at about 2am rls started going off, one of the things I do to try to get past the it is I keep my feet out from the sheets in my opinion i think it helps. also getting up and doing some walking.

Looking for zzz's answered...

ABSOLUTELY...diphenhydramine causes RLS!!! I agree, it's NOT rare. I'd rather be up all night and all the next day as opposed to taking an OTC sleep aid with that ingredient. It's AWFUL!!

I noticed that I was having restless legs after a few nights of taking benadryl to try and help my allergies. I didn't think For a second that it was the diphenhydramine. I thought I was developing rls. My doctor recommended Tylenol. He said the same part of the brain that controls pain also controls that skin crawling feeling. Idk If He was right about that or not but it did seem to work before I figured Out a few days later that it was from the benadryl.

Sunny 1972 answered...

I had the same problem! My ENT prescribed Benedryl to help me sleep and help my allergies. I took 25 mg right before bed and started to dose off until my calves and ankles felt like they were tingling and I had to move them to make it go away temporarily. And every time I would dose off my arms or head would twitch. I didn't fall asleep until 3 am. I was so happy to have typed in benedry and elsewhere and fund this forum! They really should have that side effect listed on the box. The only other time I had rls was while taking Cytomel.

Farmboy answered...

My wife fractured her hip and has Alzheimers to boot. Her allergies caused drainage in her throat at night and I gave her 5ml of children's Benedryl. On the 2 nights she took it, her legs were in constant motion. I thought it was due to her fractured hip pain and then read about RLS. She is non verbal and I must try to figure out what is causing discomfort. No more diphenahydramine for her.

Melli w kids answered...

Anything such as bynadryl, Dramamine, diphenhydramine, pm pain meds, and a lot of medications for the nervous system cause these things to happen to me. Not only with my legs, but arms as well and my chest feels really tight. My suggestion, talk to your dr about it and see what he recommends before having another sleepless and painful night.

Kiss answered...

YES! YES! YES! Diphenhydramine does give you RLS...well at least the Tylenol sleep aid with this in it does. I took this last night and had a miserable night. While the Tylenol PM kicked in nice and good, it took me 2 hours to fall asleep. It was horrible. I knew it had to be the Tylenol Pm because I did not have these issues before taking the Tylenol Sleep aid. Wont be taking again. Sad because the medicine made me good and drowsy, but the RLS was torture for me

Grenelda answered...

I am 76 and have RLS with or without antihistamines. Seems a bit worse with the diphenhydramine, though, so I don't take it. Doctor prescribed ropinirole (generic for Requip), which is normally for Parkinsons, but also commonly prescribed for RLS. It does seem to help, but not alleviate the RLS symptoms. Midnight exercises don't seem to help me; walking around works for about 30 seconds. Bar of soap didn't seem to help either. I remember my mother had it bad in her later years, so I suspect genetics may be a factor.

Ms52ashfulldeck answered...

I took Tylenol PM last night and soon had RLS. I had forgotten that for me,Diphenhydramine causes this symptom!! UGH! So terrible,felt so sleepy but couldn't stop moving around! Awful stuff for the likes of me! For those who have RLS on a regular basic, I suggest when you go to the Doctor, have your Iron level tested. I had mine tested about 15 years ago because my Doctor thought I was Anemic. Turns out I was very Anemic and was put on a good daily dose of Iron. After a few months I wasn't Anemic any longer......but a amazing side effect occured....no more RLS! I only have it a few times a year now instead of nightly like I used to.( unless Diphenhydramine gets in my system. Good Luck.

Rachel m answered...

I, too, have suffered RLS directly related to these diphenhydramine. I am young, healthy, and have never experienced anything remotely like this. I had taken Unisom twice and Tylenol PM once before I made the correlation. The RLS symptoms occurred every time and they were horrendous. I experienced it mostly in my arms - the most horrible crawling sensation. I couldn't sleep because of it, defeating the entire purpose of taking the meds. I would recommend trying to avoid diphenhydramine altogether, RLS symptoms or not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone

Rpjkw11 answered...

I've suffered the miserable conditions every here has reported! Thank goodness for this site as I know I'm not crazy. The pain, and it IS painful, primarily resides in my legs, but now includes my shoulders. I'm embarrassed to admit I've been taking Walmart's brand of Tylenol PM for 20+ years because I worked daily rotating shifts (5a-1p then back that night at 10p-6a next morning) and it was the only way I could find a semblance of normal sleep. I've been retired for 10 years and still use it not to get to sleep, but stay asleep for several hours. Another problem I have is chronic severe back pain so a 20mg Oxycodone will prevent the painful legs and arms, but I dislike taking a pain pill at night because bed is still my sole refuge from pain. I do not, of course, recommend anyone doing things as I do. What I want, and any suggestions are welcome, is to find a safe, yet EFFECT substitute for PM's so I can avoid pain meds at bedtime.

Sherry118 answered...

....I'm tired. But, I'M NOT CRAZY! Thank you so much to all of you who have responded to this subject! I do not know anyone in my personal or professional life who has (or admits to having) these horrible "RLS", crazy, having-to-move-your-legs syndrome! I've never mentioned it to a doctor because my experience with doctors is that they do not listen to patients, they just want us in and out as quickly as possible. Besides, I could never find the words to describe this thing that I've been dealing with off and on ever since I can remember. ALL OF YOU helped me come to a very important conclusion this week about the over-the-counter sleep aids and how it is most definitely connected to my irritable beyond belief, unrelenting sensation in my lower calves and ankles to jump, move, stretch, ANYTHING BUT BE STILL, causing sleepless night after night after night.... Because of my leg symptoms (which on really horrible nights, has also now started in my wrists as well), I started taking OTC nighttime sleep aids. I never considered the ingredients. My only hope was to take the sleep aids, praying that they would knock me out before the leg craziness kicked in. I never understood why, on the nights I took a sleep aid, WHY those nights were WORSE than others. Now I know! The Unisom gel caps I have right now DO have Diphenhydramine on the label! I had one of the worst nights of my life this week after taking these. In conclusion, NO, I will never be completely rid of my restless legs at bed time - I've accepted that. But now that I know I have been making it much worse with the sleep aids, at least I have the control to STOP taking those and making the condition worse. What a relief to have finally made that connection! Oh, also, I have so much in common with the rest of you; the uncontrollable urge to move your legs - I also keep my feet outside of the covers - I'm not sure why this seems to help a bit, but it does. I also get up several times each night just to move around and stand on the cool tile, as that helps temporarily as well. And during bad nights, I will take a warm/coolish shower, which sometimes helps it subside but not always. It's very frustrating and unsettling. I'm very lucky if I get a total of four hours of sleep (never consecutively) on any given night. It also affects everyone else in the house. I would never disrupt my loved ones in this way but until there is a solution for relief, I don't know what else to do. And no one else has these symptoms so they never understand. ....I'm so tired....

Thanks everyone. The postings were helpful thus morning at 1am. I had only taken Tylenol p.m. one other time and had the same problem. This time I was able to make it go away by exercising my legs with keg lifts until my heart rate went up s tiny bit. Unfortunately I couldn't run around because there were m too many people in the house and the house had squeaky floors.

I realized I had this problem a couple years ago. The pain is mainly in my forearms and wrists. I took norco to get rid of the pain. That helped. I thought I was crazy for getting such bad arm & wrist pain from taking Tylenol PM and benedryl. No one believed me. My doctor didn't get it & told me I must be doing something. A best friend of mine is a nurse for 26 years & she didn't know about it either. I've learned so much about many things tonight. I would love to be able to sleep... It's 5:04am and I haven't been to bed at all. Grrrrr

I live in the UK. I took two Sleapeaze tablets last night (an over the counter sleep remedy from Boots Pharmaceuticals containing diphenhydramine) and almost immediately developed very restless legs. I was thrashing around for hours. This morning have a dry mouth and bad sleeping pill 'hangover'. I won't take them again.

Dbuffalo answered...

Wow it's shocking! Every time I tell someone I can't take sleep aids or night time medication because it actually keeps me AWAKE no one believes me! My whole body becomes restless! Even my mind won't shut off! I'll feel so exhausted but I won't be able to stop tossing and turning in my bed and it's like my brain won't shut off. It's like the "on" switch is stuck and nothing will turn off! I thought I was the only one!

Hurting leg answered...

OMG...I wish I would have looked this up a few years ago. I've been torturing myself off and on since 2012. I have and still do take large amounts of Advil PM. It has 38mg of Diphenhydamine in each caplet. Multiply that by 10 and you get...well you can do the math. Makes me want to go make myself throw the ones I took tonight up...but they are already in my system and once again my left leg aches.

The comments have been helpful. I stopped taking my statin for this past month to see if the leg aches were caused by the statin. Apparently, it could be diphenhydramine, the ingredient in the Walgreen's sleep aid,that is causing my aching legs. Wow. I hadn't given that a thought.

Elizabethmoore answered...

I've had RLS for years and it does does make me nuts as well! My doc put me on Ropinerole (Requip) about 4 yrs ago and I stay away from benadryl so my problem with RLS on a daily basis is under control. My current problem is all of this pollen that's everywhere right now. I took a sinus med last night and my old RLS enemy revisited me. Any suggestions for an OTC to help with stuffiness, runny eyes, etc.? Thanks so much for sharing.

Manic.angell answered...

For what it's worth, I suffered with diphenhydromine induced RLS for years (legs and lower back) until my doctor finally prescribed me something to help me sleep. While enduring RLS I could generally find immediate and noticeable relief by sitting in a full tub of water. (As hot as I could stand it.) I also found that eating a few snack crackers or half a sandwich would help my body metabolize the pill faster allowing for less intense symptoms. I hope this helps. Thank you for validating my suspicions. I don't feel alone anymore.

I am so glad to read this! This happens to me even with cough meds. Guess I won't take them any more. Thanks.

I get the same. It's dose-related, so if you take a small dose, it may not be a problem. apologies if this sounds crude, but the one ABSOLUTELY SURE way to stop it is to ejaculate. This produces a dopaminergic surge which seems to negate the extrapyramidal side-effects of the drug itself, whislt the hypnotic effects persist and may even be amplified!

wow I have never heard of this. I find it really interesting since ive found just the opposite... when I take diphenhydramine it actually reducec my rls. I googled "can Benadryl help RLS because I figured maybe I wasn't the first to figure it out... but weird to find out the opposite. it actually numbs me a bit. it also does that for my anxiety... helps me breathe deeply and avoid restless legs. weird....

Lexsckat answered...

GABAPENTINE LORITADINE OR TRAMADOL. If you are highly likely to abuse these drugs stick the Gabapentine @! I'm out and wishing I had one. Sex helps. The OTC walmart rls tabs will do ok for maybe 2 days and you up the dosage to find your body just ate the damn bottle ha ha. I have RLS and ARS since I was 12. Tramadol is an addictive choice though if maintained please try to avoid that one first. Most opiates help as well like tabs, vic, dalys. Currently running my marathon in bed feet flat on bed gives you the movements and slightly massages the foots lol. (PARTNERS::: DO NOT caress or light touch any part of the skin bc it ticks rls off. ..brush her hair or go running too! Oh Lorazepam may help ..I'm trying that tonight. Seeing I have high metabolism I can't take one med long. I must alternate. But Dr these days don't believe in it OR thanks to those abusing what we need makes us jump hoops and bound to obtain sleep. Oh yeah sex does work ( love it ) but it comes right back!! Sneaky little suckers

Jeffb1963 answered...

I didn't know this was such a wide spread problem. I have had this problem for at least 35 years with the RLS. I can control it with lots of stretching, as I believe it is associated with C Spine damage, I do a standing long sit, and tuck my chin into my chest. It relives the pressure from C Spine nerve pinching.. I have been taking Diphenhydramine for probably 10 years, as a sleep aid, and pain management with my C Spine. I notice, that if I take more than two 38 mg Diphenhydramine I get RLS. If I only take 2 I usually sleep fairly well. I pay attention to whether the pills have Ibuprofen, or Naproxen, and make sure I separate any mixture by 10 hours or so.

Cieradellacqua answered...

Oh my gosh guys yes! I could never find anyone who experienced this too. I cannot take a sleep aid without my calves cramping up so bad I can't even have a second to fall asleep because when I finally think they might have stopped, boom another sudden cramp. It feels almost like a Charlie horse every 10 seconds. I tried the liquid nite aid thinking that might help solve the problem, nope!

WELL GUYS I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU. I FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKS!! Thankfully I don't need sleep aids everynight.. but when I do, I'll simply take them as normal. Then About 10 minutes later, I take something called Hyland's Leg Cramp. YOU could probably take it right away,.I'm just stubborn and don't take them until the cramping starts. But I swear this saved my life. 5-10 minutes or so and the cramps were completely gone. Completely! So I could enjoy my night and sleep peacefully.

This thing is so cheap too. They sell it At the dollar store amongst over places, even Lauer's. If you want to just test it out to see if it's for you, the dollar general has a box of 3 individual packets of 4 pills each and it's only $4. Now if you love it like I did, I saw my lauers grocery store sells them in the medicine aisle for roughly $8 for a bottle of 40 or so. I usually stick with 2 pills but if there really really bad I'll take 3. The product is called Hyland's leg cramps. But go on their website they have a ton of different little Version's of them. I personally LOVE just the regular leg cramps but they have leg cramp OM and one called restless legs. Haven't tried those 2.

Let me know if you guys try this and how it works for you!!! Saved my life I could finally take my sleeping medicine without having to deal with these cramps every time.