Where can I go to find places in Memphis that offer free grief counseling?

Mikaylasmommy asked...

I lost my mom back in September and I talked about getting a grief counselor but I never did I just through myself into work and tried to keep my mind off it. Now with Mother's Day coming up and September approaching FAST I'm starting to think I need one now after all :-(

Rebekah Peoples, CFSP, CPC, Is a licensed funeral director and embalmer. She is passionate about serving others and believes that giving clients honest, accurate information empowers them to create tributes and services that are meaningful and appropriate.

Sho B offered some great resources for you.

A quick internet search shows that a church in the Memphis area offered a six-week group that ended in April, but if you call, they probably know where there are other groups in your area. Church of the Holy Spirit 901-757-9140 Also listed was St. Louis Catholic Church at 901-682-6606 You don't have to have any affiliation with these churches to attend. It also looks like there are ongoing groups at Baptist Memorial Hospital Healthcare 901-767-6767.

Counselors and support group facilitators usually know each other professionally and can offer you other choices. You may also want to call local funeral homes; they sometimes have lists or know of local grief support groups.

Mothers are special people and good memories of them are a blessing.