What kind of diet will best help me battle colon cancer?

Ajanosky74 asked...

I am female, 35, and I have been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer that was also in 21 of 29 lymph nodes removed from the sigmoid region of my colon. My question is what are some dietary requirements or suggestions? I eat a lot of fruits and veggies and lean meats. I don't smoke or drink heavily and I am active. I have led a fairly healthy lifestyle and I don't see where I can improve my lifestyle really any better than what I am currently doing so any suggestions would be helpful.

Bonnie Bajorek Daneker is author and creator of the The Compassionate Caregiver's Series, which includes "The Compassionate Caregiver's Guide to Caring for Someone with Cancer," "The Journey of Grief," "Handbook on Hospice and Palliative Care," and other titles on cancer diagnosis and end of life. She speaks regularly at cancer research and support functions, including PANCAN and Cancer Survivor's Network. She is a former member of the Executive Committee of the CSN at St. Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta and the Georgia Chapter of the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

It sounds like you have an understanding of the elements of a healthy diet. There is nothing specific that you should concentrate on in terms of food that you're not already doing. Be sure that you drink plenty of water as well, as this is important to every body function.

Babs102 answered...

My dad has stage three colon cancer. He has had only one week of Chemo. so far. today we went for his Chemo. treatment and he was unable to get the Chemo. because his white blood count was too low. How bad is this for him not getting his Chemo. this week? Is there something he can do to raise his white blood count?

Polomom answered...

STOP SMOKING, there is a direct link of snoling to colon cancer.

Lara7 answered...

Look up "Terry Naturally" Curamin... if I had colon cancer I would take at least thee a day. I'm sure they would be happy to talk with you - the man who developed this formula is very humble. They had a web site. My best to you....