How can I find someone to cut my father's hair at home?

Laffanyway asked...

How do I find a hair stylist or barber to cut my very frail father's hair at home?

As Founder and Director of Circles of Care, Ann Cason provides caregiving, consulting, and training services to individuals and public and private organizations involved in eldercare. She is the author of Circles of Care: How to Set Up Quality Home Care for Our Elders.

If I want to find someone to cut hair in an elder's home, I ask barbers or hair stylists (in the neighborhood)if they are willing to do it. Most charge more than the price of a hair cut to make up for the extra time. Over the years I found several kind hair dressers who like to work on frail, older people.If you don't want to do the research yourself, you could ask assisted living or nursing home facilities in the neighborhood if they know of someone. And finally, I have seen sons and daughters of frail parents get out the scissors and trim a frail parent's hair.