What is the caregiver-to-resident ratio in memory care in California?

My mom been in a memory care unit for almost a year. I have been through a lot with her and I know it was the best decision. I realized though the journey that she does better in a small and less stimulating place. When my mom moved there there were about 11 residents and 2 caregivers. Over the past few months 2-3 number of residents increased to almost 16 and I have noticed caregivers becoming more stressed and occasionally they will get additional help for 3-4 hours in morning but not consisted. I have noticed less supervision with residents and particularly my mom as I'm sure caregivers are overwhelmed with the increased number of residents. My mom is on a assisted living waiver program which is a state program, I don't have much options in terms of moving her. I would like to address issue with administrator but wasn't sure if there is a required ratio of care giver resident in this type of unit. I'm in California any info that you have on subject? Thanks.

Caringdenise answered...

Hello anonymous, Thanks for your question. Here are some informational resources that may be of assistance to you...

Assisted living resources

Memory care resources

We also encourage you and other family caregivers to post reviews of their loved ones' assisted living and memory care communities, to help other families in their search for the best care:

Senior Care Review Submission Form

More info about Reviews on Caring.com

I hope this information is helpful to you!

Stay Connected With Caring.com