Can you die from leukemia?

Sunnyinsd asked...

Can you die from leukemia?

H scalzo answered...

You most certainly can. Leukemia is more or less a blood cancer. Many advances have been made in the treatments of leukemia but it still can be a killer. Leukemia can sometimes be put into remission for a long time but it is also one of the types of cancer most likely to come back. There are basically two types of leukemia and they are acute and chronic. The acute type is the type that will usually kill you quicker. Chronic can be treated fairly well as far as treatments go and a pretty near normal life can be led. Most leukemia patients die from infections that are usually got from a lower immune system due to chemotherapy.

Bursary answered...

You can in fact I know a person who died from it and I believe that if u need the help do what ever u have to to get it

K crocker answered...

You can my uncle died of leukemia.

My best friend died a week ago from acute leukemia. He was in hospital for only 2 weeks! Acute leukemia kills that fast.