Can you bury a casket in the ground in the state of Florida?

Rebekah Peoples, CFSP, CPC, Is a licensed funeral director and embalmer. She is passionate about serving others and believes that giving clients honest, accurate information empowers them to create tributes and services that are meaningful and appropriate. Her tips about funerals and life can be found at www.funeral411.com.

That's an interesting question but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.

Do you want to know if YOU and not cemetery personnel, can bury a casket in the ground at a public cemetery? Are you asking if you can bury a casket in the ground somewhere other than in a public cemetery? Or maybe you're wondering if you can bury a casket by itself, without a burial vault, in the ground in Florida?

Or maybe it's none of the above. Just let me know and I'll be glad to help however I can.

Oldham answered...

Yes, as long as the Cemetery where the burial takes place will approve of casket burial without a container. Although, it is the practice of most perpetual care cemeteries to require the use of an outer burial container of varying materials for the purpose of ground maintenance. Hope this helps. Good luck.