Can you be born with leukemia?

Sunnyinsd asked...

Can you be born with leukemia?

Altheap75 answered...

Babies born with leukemia are extremely rare cases but it is certainly not unheard of. It is believed that most individuals who develop leukemia are born with the genetic predisposition for this particular type of cancer which affects white blood cells and causes them to divide quickly and uncontrollably though doctors still don't know exactly why. Treatment is usually started quickly and aggressively and is based upon individual patient circumstances. If you suspect that you or a family member could possibly have this form of cancer then see your physician for a screening immediately. The following website my prove useful www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/wyntk/leukemia

Castlejeta answered...

My niece was born with it just the other day. Very sad. the hospital said it was only the 2 case in 45 years.

I'm writing a book called Operation: Leukemia. It's about a little girl named Kassidy, and her brother is born with Leukemia. The book tells the story, of how little 9 year old Kassidy, comes to saving her baby brothers life, one baby step at a time. I am 12 years old. Thank you for your help! I need it, to become a successful author. I"m very grateful for your help!!!

Anaguilar1624 answered...

I was diagnosed at four months old with leukemia , its just very rare that many make it through all the treatment. I had full body radiation and chemo.

Rachel jones answered...

yes, I was born with a rare type of leukaemia, with abnormal and proliferative mast cells. I was formed with it, and there is no radio or chemo for me, except if I was being offered a stem cell transplant, which ironically I could have had from my own babies umbilical cord maybe, or even placenta ? maybe? I treat is myself and I am my own doctor of medicine, and I have lived with the leukaemia symptoms all my life and there are thousands as mast cells are everywhere, not just in the blood and bones. I have saved my life and continue to, from lots of dangerous people who do not really practice real medicine; but I practice real medicine and I am alive due me.