Can shingles cause a fever?

Heart5 asked...

Can shingles cause a fever?

K bartle answered...

One of shingle's symptoms is indeed fever. It would be during the prodromal stage that you will have fever. It would be 2-5 days before the rash appears.

Agagal answered...

I have had the rash for going on 4 days and have had a fever for about 6 days it runs about 99.5 to 100.5 so a low grade fever but it does continue after the rash appears...as least mine has.

I'm with aGagal. Not sure where K Bartle is getting the info but from personal experience, the fever actually arrived just as the rash was beginning to scab over so about 4 days in on the nose. I'm hoping the fever will be over soon - even if the scab remains.

Scottish sufferer of shingles This is the third time I have had shingles in the last eight years. Completely floors me and the headaches and fever are still occurring sporadically two weeks after the onset of the rash.