I want to stop chemo for breast cancer. Can I?

I had my 1st cycle of chemo for breast cancer and I want to stop. Could I?

Harvey Gilbert, MD, is a radiation oncologist with more than 35 years of professional experience in the medical field, working with cancer patients. He has edited 14 medical textbooks and coauthored 40 papers in the field of oncology. Dr. Gilbert is the medical director of the Ben Schaffer Cancer Institute in Lodi, California.

CAN I STOP TAKING CHEMO FOR BREAST CANCER IS A COMPLEX QUESTION. AS A RADIATION ONCOLOGIST, I AM AWARE OF THE VARYING LEVELS AND DEGREES(STAGES) OF BREAST CANCER. TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, ONE NEEDS TO KNOW THE TYPE 0F CANCER, THE MARKERS THAT ARE IN EACH CANCER CELL, THE EXTENT (STAGE) OF THE CANCER, ETC. ONLY WHEN SOMEONE KNOWS ALL THE FACTORS SURROUNDING THE DISEASE CAN ONE GIVE AN ITELLIGENT ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. SOME CAN BE TREATED WITH HORMONAL AGENTS, SOME REQUIRE CHEMO ONLY, SOME REQUIRE COMBINATIONS, SOME REQUIRE NEW TARGETED AGENTS. BUT, SOME DO NOT NEED ANY ADDITIONAL AGENTS. THE SUBJECT IS HIGHLY COMPLEX AND THE PATIENT NEEDS TO KNOW THE RISK OF RECURRENCE WITH AND WITHOUT CHEMOTHERAPY AND MAKE UP THEIR OWN MIND.

Lvkdra answered...

I am not a Doctor. I had an emergency surgery 3 years ago that found an Ovarian Cancer Tumor that was considered to be Type 2 Stage 3. Even though they took several tissue samples from the peritoneum, removed the Omentum, all female reproductive organs, and one lymph node and tested everything that was saved from the lavage fluids, and all else was negative they recommended that I do 6 cycles of chemo as a just in case scenario. I interviewed several doctors and did a bunch of research in the 4 weeks after the surgery. I decided to take the 6 cycles of chemo. First one was Aug 8 and by the 14 it put me back on the oncology floor at the hospital because my white blood cell count had plummeted to nothing. This meant I would have to take a shot after each cycle to raise the nutrophils so the white blodd cells would rebound better. My hair had started to fall out seriously on the 21st So I vacuumed it 3 times a day. I looked like Linus by Sept 1st. I have to end for the moment but I will continue later. I just want to encourage you, it isn't easy but it isn't so hard that you can not do it. It has been doable for many people. However there are also other ways to tackle it too, if you really can not stand it. LVKDRA

Pneil3 answered...

There are several cures for cancer but they are not available from allopathic doctors. Cancer is not difficult to cure and will only cost a few dollars. I am in South Africa and if you e-mail me at pneil3dotgmaildotcom I will tell you how i cured it - not in remission but cured.