What are the best foods for chemo patients?
What types of foods are healthiest for chemo patients?
The main issue for patients undergoing chemotherapy is that they often feel nauseous and lose their appetites. So talk to your father about what appeals to him; he's more likely to eat if it's something he wants. Here are some more ideas to stimulate a cancer patient's appetite. Weight loss is also a big issue during cancer treatment, so think in terms of calorie-rich foods. Milkshakes and smoothies are a great choice if your loved one is having a hard time eating solid food.
- Plenty of brightly colored vegetables (tomatoes, carrots, onion, etc)
- Broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage
- Spinach and fenugreek leaves
- Fruits, especially kiwis, water melons and apples
- Herbs like dill, rosemary and parsley
- Spices like turmeric
- Propolis and Bee-pollen
- Nuts and seeds: red grape seeds,pumpkin and sunflower seeds, flax seeds; almonds and walnuts
- Plenty of garlic and ginger 10.Extra virgin olive oil 11.Sprouted grains 12.Wheat germ and millet germ 13.Grape juice and Pomegranate juice
- Unlimited quantity of good water. Mackerel or salmon fish
- Plenty of curd with Lactobacillus bifidus
- Green tea
-Dr.Siva, Aden Refinery Hospital, POBox:3003, Little Aden, Yemen Republic
Stay Connected With Caring.com
Get news & tips via e-mail