Can sudden onset tremors and stumbling a sign of worsening Alzheimer's?

My husband was diagnosed with AD about four years ago, he has all of a sudden gotten worse, he started having spells of real bad tremors, and when this happens his nose starts running very badly. He has also gotten so bad in walking, he is like a drunk man trying to walk, he almost falls down, and when he sits in a chair, he goes over like he is going to fall off. Is this a sign of Alzheimer's, I have never found anything about this in all my reasearch of Alzheimer's. He is just going down so fast, and losing a lot of weight also. Is all this part of Alzheimer's? Thank you.

Ladislav Volicer, M.D., Ph.D., is recognized as an international expert on advanced dementia care. He is a courtesy full professor at the School of Aging Studies, University of South Florida, Tampa, and visiting professor at the Third Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. Twenty-five years ago, he established one of the first dementia special care units.

Your husband might have a Dementia with Lewy bodies that is often found together with Alzheimer's disease. This dementia has symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease and may cause falls. You might want to talk to your physician about treatment with Sinemet that is used in Parkinson's disease. Tremors may increase caloric needs and you need to try to give your husband high-caloric foods, e.g., ice cream.