Medicare, Medicaid, and Medigap
Understanding Medicare, Medicaid, medigap, and other government offered or regulated health insurance and benefit programs isn't easy. But knowing what each offers is an important part of managing and paying for eldercare. You can also find what procedures, treatments, and medical supplies Medicare will cover with Caring.com's Medicare Information Finder.
How does Medicare work? What is Medicare? Who qualifies for Medicare? What does Medicare cover?
Learn about Medicaid care, Medicaid eligibility requirements and Medicaid coverage. Find out if Medicaid care is a good option for elderly loved ones.
How Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) Works. Who's eligible for Medicare Part A and what hospital care is covered by Medicare Part A?
More About Medicare, Medicaid, and Medigap
- Medicare Part B
- Medicare Part C
- Medicare Part D
- Medicaid Coverage of Nursing Home Care
- V.A. Medical Benefits
- Medicaid Eligibility
- Assisted Living Overview
- Adult Day Services
- Medicaid Explained
- Non-medical In-home Care Explained
- Home Health Care Explained
- Affordable Care Act and Long-Term Care Services
- How to Use Public Benefit Programs to Help Pay for Adult Daycare
- Affordable Care Act Explained
- California Health Advocates: Interview With Elaine Wong Eakin, Executive Director
- Private Insurance and In-Home Care
- Will Medicare cover a hospital stay for dental work?
- Can Medicare deny future coverage for similar issues if Mom signs herself out of a nursing home?
- If a Medicare patient is readmitted to the hospital, does she have to be discharged from PT/OT?
- Will Medicare pay for an ostomy nurse?
- Will Medicare accept property as payment or collateral?
- Does Medicare pay for electric wheelchair replacement batteries?
- Does Medicare pay for patient ceiling lifts?
- If our private insurance doesn't cover a claim, can we send it to Medicare?
- Can Medicare prevent me from hiring a companion for a resident in a nursing home?
- If I work full-time should I enroll in Medicare?
- How do we switch from private to Medicare?
- Will Medicare cover a non-routine lab test ordered by my doctor?
- How can I find assistance for a procedure not covered by Medicare?
- If I have Medicare Parts A and B plus Tricare, do I need more insurance?
- Will my mother lose her Medicaid benefits for Memory Care facility?
- Dose Medicare Part B pay for a person at a pharmacy to give me the flu shot?