Medicare, Medicaid, and Medigap
Understanding Medicare, Medicaid, medigap, and other government offered or regulated health insurance and benefit programs isn't easy. But knowing what each offers is an important part of managing and paying for eldercare. You can also find what procedures, treatments, and medical supplies Medicare will cover with Caring.com's Medicare Information Finder.
How does Medicare work? What is Medicare? Who qualifies for Medicare? What does Medicare cover?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) Medicare Part B is intended to cover doctor bills and outpatient costs. But what does it really cover?
How Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) Works. Who's eligible for Medicare Part A and what hospital care is covered by Medicare Part A?
More About Medicare, Medicaid, and Medigap
- How Medicaid Works
- Medicare Part C
- Medicare Part D
- V.A. Medical Benefits
- Medicaid Eligibility
- Assisted Living Overview
- Adult Day Services
- Medicaid Coverage of Nursing Home Care
- Home Health Care Explained
- Non-medical In-home Care Explained
- Medicaid Explained
- Private Insurance and In-Home Care
- California Health Advocates: Interview With Elaine Wong Eakin, Executive Director
- Affordable Care Act Explained
- How to Pay for Adult Daycare
- How to Use Public Benefit Programs to Help Pay for Adult Daycare
- Can Medicare prevent me from hiring a companion for a resident in a nursing home?
- If our private insurance doesn't cover a claim, can we send it to Medicare?
- Does Medicare pay for patient ceiling lifts?
- Does Medicare pay for electric wheelchair replacement batteries?
- Will Medicare accept property as payment or collateral?
- Will Medicare pay for an ostomy nurse?
- If a Medicare patient is readmitted to the hospital, does she have to be discharged from PT/OT?
- Can Medicare deny future coverage for similar issues if Mom signs herself out of a nursing home?
- If I have Medicare Parts A and B plus Tricare, do I need more insurance?
- How can I find assistance for a procedure not covered by Medicare?
- Will Medicare cover a non-routine lab test ordered by my doctor?
- How do we switch from private to Medicare?
- If I work full-time should I enroll in Medicare?
- Will Medicare cover a hospital stay for dental work?
- Dose Medicare Part B pay for a person at a pharmacy to give me the flu shot?
- How do I know if there are better Medicare options out there for me?