New Top Nav
Watch for these clauses in your contract -- and ask for changes as necessary
It's hard to know if and when an aging adult should move from home to assisted living. Use these tips to help decide if the time has arrived.
Assisted Living: How to choose the right assisted living community for the person in your care
More About New Top Nav
- Assisted Living Checklist
- Assisted Living Levels of Care
- Case Study: Alzheimer's and Assisted Living
- Assisted Living or Nursing Home?
- Assisted Living Regulations
- Quality Assisted Living
- Pay for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Packing List
- Best Senior Living: Caring Stars of 2013
- Top Assisted Living Trends
- Moving to Assisted Living
- What to Do When Parents Must Live Separately: 6 Tips to Help Them Cope
- Recognizing Exceptional Caregivers
- Best Caregiver Traits in Senior Living
- Assisted Living and Pain Management
- Assisted Living's 'Best of the Best' -- What They Have in Common
- What can I do if my mom's nursing home is mistreating her and I live out of state?
- What's an assisted living community fee and how much is it?
- How can I prescreen assisted-living facilities so I don't have to tour every one?
- How can you help calm dementia parent in nursing home?
- The nursing home wants my father to leave because he's hard to manage; what are my options?
- Can I Try Out Assisted Living?
- What do I need to know before I sign a nursing home contract?
- My elderly mother has anxiety disorder and is fine when feeling well but uncontrollable when ill. Is it time for assisted living?
- Is it time to consider assisted living for my elderly mother?
- Are there facilities that we can place my schizophrenic mother?
- How do we find an assisted living facility for my mother-in-law in a location where we will be moving too?
- Can Mom be "kicked out" of assisted living?
- How do you help someone accept a change to assisted living?
- How should we deal with the transition phase from home to assisted living?
- How can I help my mom deal with being alone on Christmas day?
- How do we get my 83 year old father with Alzheimer's to Assisted Living?