Sunrise

Sunrise communities are designed to have the look and feel of home. In addition to standard assisted living care, Sunrise staff members are trained for specified levels and conditions of Alzheimer’s and other dementias through an internationally recognized care training program. Another highlight of Sunrise communities, is the Signature Dining program, which aims to provide well-balanced, healthy meals and a variety of restaurant-style dining to all residents.

Sunrise Facts

Sunrise consists of 274 senior living communities across 31 states. Sunrise’s communities are most heavily concentrated in California. Their communities have an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, based on 3,792 consumer reviews submitted to Caring.com. They provide older adults with continuingcareretirementcommunity, nursinghome, assistedlivingfacility, hospice, independentliving, and alzheimer's care facilities.

Sunrise by State

Sunrise Rates

Averages are based on starting monthly costs, not inclusive of care and other costs. They are subject to change at any time. Continuing care retirement communities often require an entrance fee in addition to monthly rent.

State CA
Nursing Homes $3,960
Assisted Living $5,623
Independent Living $3,800

Sunrise Caring Stars

The Caring Stars program honors service excellence at assisted living and memory care facilities in America based on consumer rating and reviews. (More on Caring Stars)

Sunrise Deals And Discounts

Sunrise of Fair Oaks CA

Starts 06/17/17 Ends 07/31/17

Sunrise Communities

Arizona

Sunrise at River Road

Tucson, AZ 85718
"Sunrise seemed nice and clean, and the people are nice. They seemed to take good care of my dad. The food is very good, I liked the dogs they have on site, and I liked the entertainment they do. Th..."

Sunrise of Chandler

Chandler, AZ 85226
"I was very impressed with Sunrise of Chandler’s dining room, menu, and everything they had to offer. It seemed to me like they keep their patients well hydrated. There is always something there for..."

Sunrise of Gilbert

Gilbert, AZ 85296
"Interior decorating was gorgeous. I visited looking for a community for my parents, but my dad is afraid that "senior living" means it must be "institutional." I can't wait to show him Sunrise a..."

Sunrise of Scottsdale

Scottsdale, AZ 85258
"My mom has moved into Sunrise of Scottsdale. We like the location and also she has a really beautiful room. They got a pretty spacious place, and the people are great. It is super clean. I’ve had a..."

California

Grandview Senior Living

Los Angeles, CA 90066
"My grandmother has been at Grandview Palms for years. The staff = Amazing. The food = good (although there are always those days that it might not match with your tastes). Events = they always do a..."

Sunrise at Alta Loma

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
"My tour of Sunrise at Alta Loma was great. The presentation of the lady in charge was good. The place looked fantastic. I would highly recommend it to anybody. It was an excellent place. "

Sunrise at Canyon Crest

Riverside, CA 92507
"This facility has excellent and caregivers and is very well run. I moved my husband here to the memory care cottage and he is happy, safe and calm. I highly recommend Sunrise. It is way better than..."

Sunrise at La Costa

Carlsbad, CA 92008
"So far so good; we've heard a lot of great things about Sunrise at La Costa, and my mother-in-law is just settling in and has only been there since last Monday. It seems to be working out so far, a..."

Colorado

Sunrise at Cherry Creek

Denver, CO 80246
"Sunrise at Cherry Creek was my favorite, but getting there was just horrible because the traffic was terrible. When it snows, I wouldn’t be able to get to my mom, so that was the only drawback. I l..."

Sunrise at FlatIrons

Broomfield, CO 80021
"I thought Sunrise was wonderful. The person who gave the tour was excellent and familiar with the residents and the people working there. It was clean and very attractive, and I was impressed by th..."

Sunrise at Orchard

Littleton, CO 80121
"I really liked Sunrise at Orchard. The rooms were big and spacious and very nicely furnished or not furnished. The dining area was very nice and clean, and the food looked very appetizing. The staf..."

Sunrise of Boulder

Boulder, CO 80301
"The staff was very nice, very welcoming, and very courteous. I liked the community meals, and the laundry services were convenient. The community offered lots of entertainment and assistance. I tho..."

Connecticut

Brighton Gardens of Stamford

Stamford, CT 06902
"I moved my husband to Brighton Gardens last month. They had a beautiful wood garden outside. They have a very affordable private room with private bathroom. John's room is on the first floor. It is..."

Sunrise of Stamford

Stamford, CT 06905
"We visited 2 spots; one was Sunrise of Stamford, which was an excellent facility. The pricing was a little crazy though. If you have 2 pills to take everyday, the fee for that is $7500 for a year. ..."

District Of Columbia

Sunrise on Connecticut Avenue

Washington, DC 20008
"We were impressed with Sunrise on Connecticut. It was very attractive with high ceilings, lots of lights, and comfortable furnishings. The people we spoke to were extremely professional, very frien..."

Delaware

Sunrise of Wilmington

Wilmington, DE 19803
"We visited Sunrise of Wilmington and had a very good impression. It was a wonderful place. The staff seemed very nice and very helpful. The rooms were very nice. The dining room was also very nice...."

Florida

Brighton Gardens of Tampa

Tampa, FL 33618
"Brighton Gardens of Tampa is a really nice place where everybody is really friendly. Mom's private room is decorated really well and is all carpeted, so I'm happy with it. There is a workout room, ..."

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe

Boca Raton, FL 33433

Sunrise of Jacksonville

Jacksonville, FL 32256
"My mother has been a little over two months and loves it. She is 90 years young. The staff is exceptional, always helpful and friendly. She loves going to Bingo and other activities. She is doing s..."

Georgia

Brighton Gardens of Buckhead

Atlanta, GA 30324
"We used Brighton Gardens of Buckhead in the past, and they are pretty awesome. It's a beautiful facility, and while we were there, they were revamping it. They provide excellent care and excellent ..."

Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody

Atlanta, GA 30338
"I was just overwhelmed with their service at Brighton Gardens of Dunwood just to make sure that I was comfortable. The tour was very extensive. I talked to a nurse there who was very helpful, and s..."

Sunrise at Buckhead

Atlanta, GA 30319
"My dad is in Sunrise. It is very open and inviting. I really like the whole staff. So far, I am loving it. The facility location is awesome with beautiful grounds. I have nothing but good things to..."

Sunrise at East Cobb

Marietta, GA 30062
"My brother-in-law is in Sunrise at East Cobb. It is close and nice. It is a mansion style. The staff is fine and friendly. The receptionist is very nice. He is in a private room with a bedroom, a l..."

Illinois

Brighton Gardens of St. Charles

St. Charles, IL 60174
"Brighton Gardens was a very nice place. The staff seemed very accommodating. We ate a meal that was quite good. The distance and the higher pricer were why we decided not to go with it. It was a ve..."

Brighton Gardens of Wheaton

Wheaton, IL 60187
"Mom moved in a week and a half ago at Brighton Gardens. The rooms are nice, the place is well maintained, there is ample space, and the amenities are good and well cared for. "

Sunrise at Fountain Square

Lombard, IL 60148
"Sunrise of Fountain Square was lovely. The girl that took me on the tour was very knowledgeable about the organization and about the facility. She took me to see practically everything. She was war..."

Sunrise of Barrington

Barrington, IL 60010
"I thought Sunrise was fine and would have been a good choice, but it’s my mother’s choice. The staff was very accommodating, and the administrator provided me all the information and help that she ..."

Indiana

Sunrise on Old Meridian

Carmel, IN 46032
"I visited Sunrise on Old Meridian. I liked the people most of all. The staff was just super friendly. I thought the space was really accommodating even though my parents were used to a really large..."

Kansas

Brighton Gardens of Prairie Village

Prairie Village, KS 66208
"I have inspected quite a few residences in the Southern Kansas city area and this is by far the best of the lot. The lady I worked with, Kelly, was very friendly but more importantly, knew her busi..."

Sunrise of Leawood

Leawood, KS 66211
"Sunrise of Leawood was excellent. I very much liked it. The staff was extremely friendly, informative, answered all my questions, and gave a very good tour. The only thing I didn't like was there's..."

Sunrise of Lenexa

Lenexa, KS 66215
"My husband moved into Sunrise of Lenexa. I chose for the setting and the feel of the facility. It is close to a park and there are walking trails. It is has a homey feeling. The person that we met ..."

Sunrise of Overland Park

Overland Park, KS 66221
"Sunrise of Overland Park was a beautiful facility, and the staff was absolutely fantastic. My uncle was there for like four years, and it was wonderful. I know they used to play Bingo, and they had..."

Kentucky

Sunrise of Louisville

Louisville, KY 40241
"Sunrise of Louisville is awesome, wonderful, and caring. My friend is thriving. They meet the needs of a home, not an institution. They take a personal interest in their residents and their familie..."

Louisiana

Sunrise at Siegen

Baton Rouge, LA 70810
"We chose Sunrise for my mom, and things are going well. The buildings, cleanliness, and staff are a positive. The two gentlemen are very helpful. They had a single room available wherein she got to..."

Sunrise of Baton Rouge

Baton Rouge, LA 70809
"Sunrise of Baton Rouge was excellent. I was quite impressed with it. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. It was one of my top choices. I finalled it out down to four, and Sunrise of Bat..."

Sunrise of Metairie

Metairie, LA 70002
"Sunrise was a first-class facility; they took us to the entire facility and the memory care. It was very clean, in excellent shape, and had very nice people, but it was too expensive for my mom. We..."

Massachusetts

Bertram House of Swampscott

Swampscott, MA 01907
"Bertram is a beautiful and very nice facility. The people are nice and helpful. They really do take good care of the people. It’s extremely expensive but you are getting what you’re paying for. Mom..."

John Bertram House

Salem, MA 01970
"John Betram House is an assisted living facility located in Salem, MA. I work as a homecare nurse and usually visit this facility several times a year to perform several nursing duties. I feel safe..."

Sunrise at Gardner Park

Peabody, MA 01960
"My parents are now living at Sunrise at Gardner Park. It is very clean and has great food. They are very caring. It was a very good choice. At Christmas time, they did activities and had groups com..."

Sunrise of Arlington MA

Arlington, MA 02476
"My mom is at Sunrise, and we love it. They are wonderful. I went to a number of them, and that one is the best. I like their program and their care for dementia patients. My mom is in a two-bedroom..."
See all 12 communities in Massachusetts

Maryland

Brighton Gardens of Columbia

Columbia, MD 21045
"Brighton Gardens of Columbia was a very nice place. They were very helpful, and they gave me good information. They were reading and playing Bingo, and some people were getting ready to go on a trip. "

Maplewood Park Place

Bethesda, MD 20814
"My grandparents have been residents at Maplewood for about 13 years now and they couldn't be happier. The staff is always friendly, happy to help and they seem to genuinely care about the resident..."
"Brighton Gardens was a little larger, the staff was very nice, and they seemed to keep the place very well. "

Sunrise at Montgomery Village

Montgomery Village, MD 20886
"Sunrise at Montgomery Village was a great place. We really liked it and had it as our top choice when we first started looking. We liked the location, friendly people, amenities, and great food. It..."

Maine

Huntington Common

Kennebunk, ME 04043
"I was previously at Huntington Common. The place was excellent. I would highly rate it. Their customer service was great, although they cost more. They staff was very professional and didn't give m..."

Michigan

Brighton Gardens of Northville

Plymouth, MI 48170
"We went to Brighton Gardens. It was very bright, had a lot of lights, and was very clean. The director who runs that community was a charming person. You can tell that she likes her job. The rooms ..."

Sunrise at North Farmington Hills

Farmington Hills, MI 48334
"Sunrise at North Farmington Hills was very nice. I only met the person giving us the tour, who was very knowledgeable and very friendly. They had a calendar of activities. "

Sunrise of Bloomfield

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
"My visit with Sunrise of Bloomfield was fine. The atmosphere was great. It was a lovely place. Everybody was nice, and the residents seemed fine. Everything looked great, and there were locks on th..."

Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301
"Sunrise of Bloomfield Hills was beautiful and welcoming. The people who assisted me were wonderful and excellent. The place was wonderful. "

Minnesota

Sunrise of Edina

Edina, MN 55435
"Sunrise of Edina is very nice, very open, and friendly. The staff was very accommodating, I am very happy with them. They have trivia games and trips to the local grocery store. I love the dining a..."

Sunrise of Golden Valley

Golden Valley, MN 55422
"Sunrise of Golden Valley was the one that we liked the best. It was absolutely beautiful inside. It looked like a mansion. At the same time, it was looking like somebody’s house, and everybody who ..."

Sunrise of Minnetonka

Minnetonka, MN 55345
"My experience at Sunrise of Minnetonka has been very good. Their rooms are very nice. The environment is very welcoming. It's not a very large community, and I feel that we will be getting good sup..."

Sunrise of Roseville

Roseville, MN 55113
"We visited Sunrise of Roseville, and I really liked the place. It's my second choice. The place was wonderful, and the people were very friendly and very cordial. The apartments were wonderful, and..."

Missouri

Sunrise of Chesterfield

Chesterfield, MO 63017
"Sunrise was very clean and organized. They had a lot of activities for the adults. The rooms were very clean and nice. I liked them. "

Sunrise of Des Peres

Des Peres, MO 63131
"My school's T.A. was injured in a horrific accident and was admitted for skilled-care at Sunrise of Des Peres. Friends and I would often visit him on our lunch breaks during the Fridays we were dis..."

Sunrise On Clayton

Richmond Heights, MO 63117
"It has been very good. The room is very nice. I did one dinner, and the food was good. They have been very competent; they have all certified staff -- CNAs and CMTs. They seem to have a good progra..."

Sunrise of Webster Groves

Webster Groves, MO 63119
"I visited Provision Living and fell in love with it. I will get my mom on the waiting list there. It didn't look like an old person's place. The director was delightful, answered all of my question..."

North Carolina

Brighton Gardens of Charlotte

Charlotte, NC 28210
"I was very impressed with Brighton Gardens. Out of the ones we looked at, I thought that was the best place. They had a lot of activities. I would recommend other people take a look at it. The plac..."

Brighton Gardens of Greensboro

Greensboro, NC 27410
"What impressed me most about Brighton Gardens of Greensboro were that the individual rooms for the residents were unusually large with a walk-in closet and a pretty large bathroom with safety featu..."

Brighton Gardens of Raleigh

Raleigh, NC 27612
"I loved Brighton Gardens of Raleigh and put down a deposit. It was clean, caring, and had attention being paid to all memory care unit people. I was impressed and rather happy with it. I think I sa..."

Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem

Winston-Salem, NC 27106
"My husband is in Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem. It is beautiful, very clean, very nice, and very caring. I am very pleased with it. The staff is wonderful. They are very caring and very helpful..."
See all 8 communities in North Carolina

Nebraska

Brighton Gardens of Omaha

Omaha, NE 68114
"My dad was a resident at Brighton Gardens for about 2 years. The compassion and care he received while there was very good. The management team contacted us when the need arose and were very resp..."

New Jersey

Brighton Gardens of Edison

Edison, NJ 08820
"My mom stayed at Brighton Gardens of Edison, which was excellent. They took care of her immediately when she came in the door. When she went in there, she was in a wheelchair and when I left that d..."

Brighton Gardens of Middletown

Middletown, NJ 07748
"Brighton Gardens of Middletown's rooms were a really nice size, and the only downside was their parking was limited in the parking lot. For pricing, there was an advance, but it's reasonable. There..."

Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Florham Park, NJ 07932
"beautiful place. We moved my dad is a few months ago. I have to say they have the most caring staff! It's a very active place and he always has somethong to get involved in. "

Brighton Gardens of Mountainside

Mountainside, NJ 07092
"Brighton Gardens of Mountainside was updated, and the facilities were very welcoming. It’s clean and really large. I was greeted by someone in charge. He gave me an overview of everything that they..."

Nevada

Sunrise of Henderson

Henderson, NV 89012
"Sunrise of Henderson was my first choice, but the price was just $1,500 more than what she was going to be paying. This would be the Ritz-Carlton of senior living. It is really a fancy place, but t..."

New York

Sunrise at Fleetwood

Mount Vernon, NY 10552
"Sunrise at Fleetwood was very clean and accommodating. The residents seemed to be happy. The food looked good. The apartments were very nice, clean, and well maintained. Some were bigger than the o..."

Sunrise at Mill Basin

Brooklyn, NY 11234
"I was able to visit Sunrise at Mill Basin, and I liked it. The staff looked very caring. I saw different rooms that were very good. I also saw the residents having lunch, and they seemed to have go..."

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

Brooklyn, NY 11235
"Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is very nice, but I can't afford it. It's beautiful, and the rooms are very nice, but their amenities are mostly geared to people with dementia, which my mother doesn't ha..."

Sunrise of Crestwood

Yonkers, NY 10710
"Everything has been great at Sunrise of Crestwood for my in-laws. The staff is very caring, and they accommodated our wishes to best that they could. They seemed to be having excellent care there. ..."

Ohio

"We really liked Brighton Gardens of Washington Township, but they cost more and don't take government funds. I liked them better because it was more of a skilled nursing facility and their staffing..."

Brighton Gardens of Westlake

Westlake, OH 44145
"Brighton Gardens of Westlake was absolutely beautiful with a bright atmosphere. The courtyard was great. Everybody was so friendly, and the staff was great and have been there for a long time. They..."

Sunrise At Parma

Cleveland, OH 44134
"Our mother has been a resident in the memory care unit for 3 years. My brother, sister and I are very pleased with the care she has been given. The staff genuinely cares about her and makes sure sh..."

Sunrise of Bexley

Bexley, OH 43209
"The rooms at Sunrise of Bexley were bright and airy. I saw their dining room, and they do restaurant dining, but I was not able to taste the food. The people that I saw were nice and looked happy. ..."

Pennsylvania

Sunrise of Abington

Abington, PA 19001
"As for now, my apt. is the most spacious and there was a sale in which things went for very little. The hallways and dining room and living room are pristine and entirely in a sumptuous propriety...."

The Quadrangle

Haverford, PA 19041
"The Quadrangle was very warm, welcoming, and beautiful. Everyone was very nice. I liked the apartment that they offered me. The food was excellent, and the staff was wonderful, knowledgeable, and e..."

Sunrise of Blue Bell

Blue Bell, PA 19422
"Sunrise of Blue Bell was a very good place. The staff was excellent and very friendly. He showed me the whole building and the rooms, and I was very pleased and very impressed. The place was first ..."

Sunrise of Dresher

Dresher, PA 19025
"Sunrise of Dresher is a beautiful place, and everybody seems to be taken care of. The only thing about it was that it was very expensive, and right now, we couldn’t afford that amount of money and ..."
See all 15 communities in Pennsylvania

Tennessee

Brighton Gardens of Brentwood

Brentwood, TN 37027
"It was very nice. I didn't think it was laid out quite well, but it was a terrific facility. Brighton Gardens was definitely large and had multiple floors -- either two or three. "

Texas

Sunrise of Cinco Ranch

Katy, TX 77450
"Sunrise of Cinco Ranch was the first one we went to. What stood out to me were the activities. A lot of the residents were active. They weren’t sitting in their rooms. They were active and moving a..."

Sunrise of Fort Worth

Fort Worth, TX 76132
"Beautiful facility. Clean and friendly and feels like home with a great big family to take care of mother. "

Sunrise of Frisco

Frisco, TX 75034
"Sunrise had a friendly staff, a lot of amenities, and a little bistro bar with snacks. They had a resident dog, which was very friendly to the people."

Sunrise of Hillcrest

Dallas, TX 75240
"We would like to express how thankful we are to the staff at this facility. We are extremely satisfied with all of the staff members that have been so helpful during this difficult point in our fam..."

Utah

Sunrise at Holladay

Salt Lake City, UT 84117
"I visited Sunrise. The rooms were somewhat small, although really nice. It was very clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and it felt very good. The food looked was like in a cruise. "

Sunrise of Sandy

Sandy, UT 84093
"Sunrise of Sandy was wonderful. I would place my mother there immediately if it weren't so expensive. It's like an exclusive hotel, and I'm sure the people get well taken care of there. It's very e..."

Virginia

The Colonnades

Charlottesville, VA 22901
"The Colonnades was gorgeous but cost over $5,000 a month, and I don’t have that kind of money. I saw a lot of people moving around as there were a lot of people catching up. The rooms were gorgeous..."

The Jefferson

Arlington, VA 22203

Braddock Glen

Fairfax, VA 22032
"My mother is in Braddock Glen, and I like it a lot. It is pretty and clean. The people are nice. It's subsidized by the county, so it's half the price of what a regular place is for her. I'm happy ..."

The Fairfax

Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
"The Fairfax has beautiful grounds with a lake, a big pond, and a fountain. It’s so clean, and I liked it. The staff seemed very nice. They had all kinds of activities, trips, and beautiful library...."

Washington

Sunrise of Bellevue

Bellevue, WA 98008
"The staff at Sunrise of Bellevue was perfect. They were amazing, and I would recommend that place to anybody I know. The grounds and location were perfect, better than anywhere else I've seen. The ..."

Sunrise of Edmonds

Edmonds, WA 98020
"The food at Sunrise of Edmonds has been very good. My mother has swallowing issues and is able to eat their food without any problem. The staff is very loving, kind, and very supportive as they've ..."

Sunrise of Mercer Island

Mercer Island, WA 98040
"The care at Sunrise of Mercer Island was fantastic. The nurses who came out and evaluated Dad were very attentive. I probably got a phone call from them at least every other day. The people who wer..."

Sunrise of Northgate

Seattle, WA 98125
"Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comf..."