Five Star

Five Star Facts

Five Star consists of 293 senior living communities across 33 states. Five Star’s communities are most heavily concentrated in Florida. Their communities have an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars, based on 4,097 consumer reviews submitted to Caring.com. They provide older adults with continuingcareretirementcommunity, nursinghome, assistedlivingfacility, adultdayservice, independentliving, and alzheimer's care facilities.

Five Star by State

Five Star Rates

Averages are based on starting monthly costs, not inclusive of care and other costs. They are subject to change at any time. Continuing care retirement communities often require an entrance fee in addition to monthly rent.

State FL
State GA
Assisted Living $2,518
Independent Living $1,859

Five Star Caring Stars

The Caring Stars program honors service excellence at assisted living and memory care facilities in America based on consumer rating and reviews. (More on Caring Stars)

Five Star Deals And Discounts

Morningside of Conyers

Starts 06/16/17 Ends 07/31/17

Five Star Communities

Alabama

LakeView Estates

Birmingham, AL 35244
"My dad is at LakeView Estates. It has a lake in front of it, that’s where it gets its name, so it has a tranquil aesthetic view to it. It has 2 floors, and it has a portico in front with rocking ch..."

Morningside of Auburn

Auburn, AL 36830
"We visited Morningside of Auburn. The rooms were small. The staff was very nice, courteous and informative. "

Morningside of Cullman

Cullman, AL 35058
"Morningside of Cullman was very nice, right next to the hospital. I was very impressed with it, it was fairly clean. It didn't have a lot of accommodations like swimming pools and stuff, but the sw..."

Morningside of Decatur

Decatur, AL 35601
"Morningside of Decatur is an assisted living facility, and it's a beautiful place. It’s great. The woman we had talked to was very nice, but we are not ready for assisted living yet. We were there ..."

Arkansas

Morningside of Jonesboro

Jonesboro, AR 72404
"Culpepper Place is a relatively new assisted living facility in Jonesboro, AR that offers comfortable assisted living in a relatively small setting. I have a family member who has lived there for ..."

Morningside of Springdale

Springdale, AR 72762
"I visited this facility in October 2008 with my cousin. My aunt has since moved there. The staff whom we met gave us a wonderful tour of the beautiful, up to date home. The residents seemed happ..."

Morningside of Fayetteville

Fayetteville, AR 72703
"Morningside of Fayetteville seems very home-like, very inviting, very clean, bright and spacious. The staff seems to enjoy their work. They are very helpful. The rooms are very nice and very spacio..."

Arizona

Granite Gate Senior Living

Prescott, AZ 86301
"Granite Gate was wonderful. I wish my mom could be there, but it didn't fit her needs. They're not geared for behavioral Alzheimer's. I was sad because I really loved the place, and it was absolute..."
"My mother-in-law is in Pueblo Norte. Everything about it is fabulous. I like it because it is small with only 30 or 40 residents. It is really nice, and she feels very comfortable there. "

SunQuest Village of Yuma

Yuma, AZ 85364
"Sunquest Village really impressed me. The staff took me on a tour. They were really nice and they treated me really good. They have a wonderful dining facility as well as a lounge. I met a few frie..."

The Forum at Desert Harbor

Peoria, AZ 85381
"My father was in a nursing home called The Forum, and it was good. The doctor that was over the care was actually my dad’s primary doctor at the time. The rooms were nice and big -- a little privat..."

California

"LaSalette was closest to my house, so it was easy for me to be there. I was satisfied with the results, and they were kind and courteous. My dad had been there a couple of times, and my mom had bee..."

Lancaster Healthcare Center

Lancaster, CA 93534
"Lancaster is the best one that I would choose out here in my area. It's more like a family. They treat you with respect. They have activities like they go shopping. I would recommend this place. "

Leisure Pointe

San Bernardino, CA 92404
"My sister and I really liked Leisure Pointe. We liked the apartment, the way they were kept up, and all the activities they had planned. I really did like it for my mom, but she ended up getting si..."

Somerford Place of Redlands

Redlands, CA 92373
"Somerford Place was very good, and the rooms were fine, but the price was not good of course; that’s why I haven’t placed her yet. I’m just going to try to keep her at home as long as possible beca..."

Colorado

Cedars Healthcare Center

Lakewood, CO 80214

La Villa Grande Care Center

Grand Junction, CO 81501

Cherrelyn Healthcare Center

Littleton, CO 80120
" We chose Cherilynn health center for grandma for her rehab and nursing needs. Each nursing and rehab staff member that we have had contact with has been absolutely incredible! We have recommended ..."

Delaware

Forwood Manor

Wilmington, DE 19810
"I thought Forwood Manor was wonderful. Of all the facilities I looked at, it was by far the best. It’s like a beautiful apartment, you really didn’t hospital feeling or facility feeling, it’s like ..."

Foulk Manor North

Wilmington, DE 19803
"They showed a more compassionate level of care for the people in the assisted living at Foulk Manor North and they were kind of quieter, but that was because of the stage of aging that the resident..."

Foulk Manor South

Wilmington, DE 19803
"I visited Foulk Manor South, and it was very nice, friendly, clean, and well lit. It seemed to be a very caring environment. The staff who assisted us was very knowledgeable; she had worked there f..."

Millcroft

Newark, DE 19711
"Millcroft is a very nice facility. The room I was in was very nice. The staff who took care of me was very nice, too. I told them I will be back to live in this facility because I was just there fo..."

Florida

Barrington Terrace at Boynton Beach

Boynton Beach, FL 33426
"We ended up going back to Barrington Terrace for my mother. She has been there about a year and a half, and everything is very good. It is homelike, and the staff has been very helpful. She has a s..."

Lexington Manor at Port Charlotte

Port Charlotte, FL 33954
"My mother-in-law loves it at Lexington. She is so happy, has wonderful care, good friends and a great quality of life. Thank you so much for the care and concern!!! "

Calusa Harbour

Fort Myers, FL 33901
"My dad was there for the 100 days Medicare would cover he improved to the point he was able to come home. The food there was wonderful he put on some much needed weight and the staff was very warm..."

Coral Oaks

Palm Harbor, FL 34684
"I visited Coral Oaks. The staff was very informative and willing to help with what my mother needed. The rooms were very nice, came in several different sizes that were decent enough to be comforta..."

Georgia

Eagles Landing Senior Living

Stockbridge, GA 30281
"Dogwood Forest was clean, but it’s not as homey as the other facility I visited. It had a nursing home odor to it, and I think it was just because of something they were cooking that day, but it ju..."

Gardens of Shiloh Point

Cumming, GA 30041
"My dad is in Dogwood Forest. It's small and seems to be very clean. I liked the people I met. So far, he hasn't complained about it too much. It's convenient to my house, and the price was right. "

Cameron Hall - Canton

Canton, GA 30114
"The rooms at Cameron Hall were very nice. I was interested in the memory care part, and I was very impressed with it. The personnel were very professional, seemed to know exactly what they were tal..."

The Villas at Willow Lake

Cumming, GA 30041

Iowa

Pacific Place

Pacific Junction, IA 51561

Park Place

Glenwood, IA 51534
"I went to Prairie Ridge Care after my surgery and I was there for six months to heal. My roommate was very nice. My activities were exercising in the surgery area and I walk around the facility. Ev..."

Union Park Health Services

Des Moines, IA 50316
"My mother-in-law is at Union Park Health Services. We live out of state, but they are wonderful with calling us at anytime if there are any slight issues, like weight loss or a doctor’s recommendat..."

Illinois

Brenden Gardens

Springfield, IL 62703
"We visited Brenden Gardens. They took us on the tour, showed us the rooms, and provided us with a meal to see what the cooking was like. The rooms were pretty nice and pretty well cared for. The fo..."

Crimson Pointe Senior Living

Rockford, IL 61107
"The tour at Crimson Pointe was very informative, and it turned out to be the one I liked the best. The rooms were all nice, cheerful, attractive, and had a nice variety of sizes to pick from. What ..."

Amber Ridge Assisted Living

Moline, IL 61265
"Out of all the assisted living facility's in the area. This is my favorite. The staff was so warm and friendly. Very clean and the food is wonderful. Definitely recommend to other friends and family. "

Amber Ridge Memory Care

Moline, IL 61265
"My aunt was at Amber Ridge Memory Care. Their rooms have individual bathrooms with walk-in showers. They have a sink, microwave, and small refrigerator -- just a nice-sized room. The staff are very..."

Indiana

Clearwater Commons

Indianapolis, IN 46250
"Clearwater Commons was a very nice community, but their prices were a little on the high-end. Everybody seemed extremely happy. The employees seemed like they like their jobs well, and I didn’t hea..."

The Forum at the Crossing

Indianapolis, IN 46240
"Beautiful new facility with state of the art equipment and surroundings. Bright and sunny. Wonderful attentive staff."

Covington Commons

Fort Wayne, IN 46804
"Covington Commons was newer; everything was very clean and very kept up. All the residents appeared clean; a lot of them kept the doors to their rooms open which seemed very inviting like they inte..."

Forest Creek Commons

Indianapolis, IN 46227
"Forest Creek Commons was nice, and I liked the look of it. The staff was nice, and I liked everything about it. They had different activities like bingo, movie nights, and a library. The dining are..."

Kansas

Overland Park Place

Overland Park, KS 66204
"Overland Park Place seemed very nice. The rooms weren’t particularly large, but the people seemed very nice. They had a ground-floor apartment. It has underground, so that if I put the dog out, I h..."

The Forum at Overland Park

Overland Park, KS 66206
"The care and concern of the nurses and nurses aides on a scale of 1 to 10 is 20! The food was pleasing to the palette with a wide variety of choices. The physical therapy team was outstanding. I..."

Brandon Woods at Alvamar

Lawrence, KS 66047

Woodhaven Care Center

Ellinwood, KS 67526
"They always answer the call lights. Sometimes a little late but usually in a timely manner. They always call with changes to the residents dr. orders or med changes. They had a really nice lady tha..."

Kentucky

Ashwood Place

Frankfort, KY 40601
"I was very pleased with Ashwood Place. It was very clean, and it offered everything that our parents needed. It was located very close to the doctor offices. The girl that I worked with -- the new ..."

Lexington Country Place

Lexington, KY 40504
"My husband has needed rehab in various amounts several times over the past year and after our first time, he would not go anywhere else. I visit daily and both of us are very happy with the staff (..."

Morningside of Bowling Green

Bowling Green, KY 42104
"I was really impressed with Morningside. It was clean, and the food smelled good. I looked at single and double rooms, and I was impressed by how they were laid out. The staff seemed very friendly...."

Morningside of Hopkinsville

Hopkinsville, KY 42240
"I have visited Morningside at least 3 or 4 times a week for a number of months. I am very impressed with the service, the friendliness of all the staff to both visitors and residents, and the clean..."

Massachusetts

The Gables at Winchester

Winchester, MA 01890
"My Mom's lived at the Gables for over a year. She loves it, and it makes me happy to know she has friends, aides and nurses nearby if she needs them. The staff are really great and go above and bey..."

Maryland

Aspenwood Senior Living Community

Silver Spring, MD 20906
"I visited a friend at Aspenwood Community, and her room was very inviting. I also had a meal there with her, and the food was excellent. Overall, the place was inviting. "
"My mother is in Five Star Premier Residences of Chevy Chase. It’s absolutely the nicest retirement community I’ve ever seen. They cater to everyone’s needs. It is very nice. People are very friendl..."

HeartFields at Bowie

Bowie, MD 20715
"I visited this community among others in the the general area. I was very pleased with the "home-like" feeling I got. The sales manager took the time to "school" me on how assisted living works an..."

HeartFields at Easton

Easton, MD 21601
"What I liked about HeartFields is that they have activities for everybody. The food was cooked by a chef and was very good food. And also the rooms are like little apartments, but they don't have s..."

Michigan

Farmington Health Care Center

Farmington, MI 48335
"I am a friend of a resident of Farmington Nursing Center. In general, I thought Farmington Nursing Center was an excellent choice for someone who is looking a placement for a friend or family membe..."

Howell Care Center

Howell, MI 48843

Minnesota

"I chose The Wellstead of Rogers for my dad. Every single person that works with Alzheimer's patients is trained to work with those patients specifically. They don't allow anyone even somebody who i..."

Missouri

College View Manor

Joplin, MO 64801
"We took a tour at College View Manor. We loved it. Our visit was wonderful. The person who assisted us, the rooms, and the meals were wonderful. I would absolutely recommend them to others. "

Morningside of Nevada

Nevada, MO 64772

The Villa at Riverwood

Florissant, MO 63031
"I had the pleasure of living at the Villa @ Riverwoods for 2 1/2 years. I loved it. Very friendly staff and residents. Unfortunaely I had to move due to death of a loved one. I highly recommend..."

Mississippi

Hermitage Gardens of Oxford

Oxford, MS 38655
"Hermitage Gardens of Oxford was very good and clean. The person who showed me around answered all of my questions. The dining room was like sitting down with a family. "

Hermitage Gardens of Southaven

Southaven, MS 38671
"The amenities are great at Hermitage Gardens of Southaven. It's primarily an assisted living and memory care unit. They have a small group of tenants, but they have a large staff. Mom has been ther..."

North Carolina

"The people at Carriage House seemed to be very honest and cordial. It was very clean. The staff seemed to be confident. "
"My mother has been a resident here for a year and a half and she loved it. The staff and caregivers are wonderful and really give the residents lots of attention and love. Very clean, bright & chee..."

Forest Heights Senior Living Community

Winston-Salem, NC 27106
"Forest Heights was great, clean, and intentional about the plan for each person. The food was great. The personnel made eye contact and related well to each individual. However, they were too expen..."
"I am pleased with everything at Fox Hollow Senior Living Community. I do not have any complaints. My mother is in a one-bedroom space, and it is fine. They have a wide range of activities, and I wo..."
See all 19 communities in North Carolina

Nebraska

Ashland Care Center

Ashland, NE 68003
"The first time I visited Ashland Care Center, I was rather surprised by the interior of the building. When first pulling up, it looked like a well cared for building and I expected the same when I ..."

Blue Hill Care Center

Blue Hill, NE 68930
"My mother is happy at the Blue Hill Care Center. It is excellent. She has been there for 40 days. The staff has been very kind, loving, and able to meet her physical and emotional needs. The food i..."

Centennial Park Retirement Village

North Platte, NE 69101
"We liked Centennial Park; it was clean and very friendly. It was a really nice place. They allow pets, and that’s very pleasant to us with no extra charge. Everybody was very friendly. They greeted..."

Central City Care Center

Central City, NE 68826

New Jersey

Cherry Hill Senior Living

Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
"My mother has been at Cherry Hill Senior Living for over a year, and it is great. Her room is very large, and she is by herself. The dining room at the BTR for the Alzheimer's dementia is nice and ..."
"I went and looked at Five Star Premier Residences. I walked around, and it was a beautiful place, but I didn't speak to anybody. However, the ambience was good. "

Mt. Arlington Senior Living

Mount Arlington, NJ 07856
"Mt. Arlington Senior Living was running a special price and it was great. They had everything else that all the other facilities had with at least $1000 less. They have a lot of activities. She lov..."

Voorhees Senior Living

Voorhees, NJ 08043
"My parents moved to this facility in April, 2010, which was before the current owner. It has been extensively renovated since then. My father became ill soon after moving in. The entire staff was w..."

New Mexico

The Montebello on Academy

Albuquerque, NM 87111
"My parents are in The Montebello on Academy. It was exactly what we were looking for. It is independent living, and they have an apartment. They have limos and vans, they take them shopping and tri..."

Nevada

"Five Star Premier Residences of Reno was a beautiful community but expensive. The rooms were too small for a couple or anybody in a wheelchair. The place was very lush and extremely nice, and the c..."
"We took my mother-in-law to The Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care Community in Nevada. It was excellent and was a lot cheaper than California. It was just very personable. I think they had seve..."

New York

"I really wanted to stay at Five Star Premier Residences of Yonkers but it is so expensive for me. The facility is beautiful and the people are lovely. The rooms were beautiful. They have a physical..."

Ohio

The Forum at Knightsbridge

Columbus, OH 43214

Pennsylvania

Clarks Summit Senior Living

Clarks Summit, PA 18411
"The facility is very nice. Beautifully decorated and gives you warm and at home feel. I recently had a tour and was very impressed. The sales manger was extremely knowledge and answered all my que..."

Exton Senior Living

Exton, PA 19341
"The community where my husband is currently being taken care of is Exton Senior Living, and so far they’ve been wonderful. My husband is in their personal care program. They’ve been very accommodat..."

Franciscan Manor

Beaver Falls, PA 15010
"The decision to move my Dad to assisted living was most difficult. He had been fiercely independent his entire life and I felt we were taking all of his dignity from him. Once my Mother died in D..."

Glen Mills Senior Living

Glen Mills, PA 19342
"I am a friend or family member of a resident. I'm giving Glen Mills Senior Living a 5 Star Rating for our experience in arranging and enrolling our loved on into their facility. The carefully expl..."
See all 10 communities in Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Morningside of Lancaster

Lancaster, SC 29720
"Morningside of Lancaster was really nice and very clean. The staff were very good as well. The rooms were very spacious. They have bingo, arts and crafts, and different entertainments. "

Palms of Mt. Pleasant

Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
"We visited The Palms. The staff was very accommodating, nice, and informative. The rooms and apartments were really what my dad was looking for. He visited and really thought that they were what he..."

Ashley River Plantation

Charleston, SC 29414
"I was very pleased with Ashley River Plantation. The people that took me around couldn’t have been nicer. They showed me what apartments or rooms would be available for my folks. They showed me the..."

Morningside of Anderson

Anderson, SC 29621
"Mom is now at Morningside of Anderson and we like the place very much. The facility is very attractive. It's not very large just about 42 rooms and it's very well kept. They are of very nice size a..."
See all 23 communities in South Carolina

Tennessee

Chandler House

Jefferson City, TN 37760
"I like the small community like feeling in the Alzheimer’s unit of Chandler House. They have some activity, games from time to time, people coming in and church service on Sunday usually with the g..."

Park Place of West Knoxville

Knoxville, TN 37934
"We’re moving in about a week to Park Place of West Knoxville. It doesn’t feel like a nursing home, and it didn’t make me want to break down and cry. It’s not fancy, but it’s sweet and very friendly..."

Fieldstone Place

Clarksville, TN 37043
"I like the Fieldstone Place. I thought it was in very good shape. The people were very nice, and they were well taken care of. The rooms were set up like apartments; they were nice-sized, and they ..."

Morningside of Belmont

Nashville, TN 37212
"My mom is in Morningside of Belmont. Everybody is really friendly. The place is nice and clean. She likes to play bingo. They sometimes have people that come in and sing. I think the people there h..."

Texas

"I would highly rate Residences of Dallas. The place was large and attractive. The staff members were great and friendly people. Their food was excellent as well. "

Gateway Villas and Gardens

Marble Falls, TX 78654
"Gateway Villas and Gardens was really nice. My mother only lived there for three weeks, but she fell and broke her hip, and we had to move her to a nursing home. Everything was fine, and the food w..."

Heritage Place of Boerne

Boerne, TX 78006
"Mom would be moving in Heritage Place Boerne next week. Everybody that I dealt with so far had been very thorough, very professional, very understanding, patient, and helpful. What we liked most wa..."

Heritage Place of Fredericksburg

Fredericksburg, TX 78624

Virginia

Dominion Village at Chesapeake

Chesapeake, VA 23323
"I would HIGHLY recommend Dominion Village Assisted Living to anyone that is looking for a comfortable, clean, loving atmosphere for themselves or a family member. My Aunt has special needs and cam..."

Dominion Village at Poquoson

Poquoson, VA 23662
"I have visited the residents that live at Dominion Village off and on for years now. (my grandma lived there around 10 years ago) I loved this place then and I still love it now. I pop in to visit..."

Dominion Village at Williamsburg

Williamsburg, VA 23188
"When it came time for me to find a place for my Mother I was at a loss. I had no idea what to do or where to look. The Physical Therapist of the re-hab facility my mom was in recommended Dominion V..."

HeartFields at Fredericksburg

Fredericksburg, VA 22405
"My grandmother has been in Heartfields, just miles from my home, for 12 years. She has gone from the independent area to the "Bridge," which is more contained and structured, for those with advanc..."

Wisconsin

Coventry Village

Madison, WI 53719
"I am packing this morning and I will be moving to Coventry Village sometime next week. I choose it because it is close to where I am and will not have problem with my doctors, or where I can have m..."

Jackson Crossings

Jackson, WI 53037
"There is amazing staff. .Jackie has given us great comfort for my mother has become a resident. ..it was very hard to make that decision. caregivers like Angela and Kelly have given my family a lot..."
"My mother is not an easy resident to handle and she's got several serious medical conditions. The staff have always been kind and caring. A member of our family visits routinely and she has not h..."
"The staff at Green tree is always friendly and always very sensitive to the needs of both the patient and those of the family. The rooms at Green tree are well kept, clean, and comfortable. All of ..."

Wyoming

Laramie Care Center

Laramie, WY 82070
"Please consider all other options before using this facility. Most of the staff members are great but they can only do so much when there just is not enough. Management and the corporation that ow..."