Elmcroft

Elmcroft Senior Living, founded in 2006 and based in Louisville, Kentucky, is among the 10 largest assisted living providers in the U.S. Formerly known as Senior Care, Elmcroft now serves around 6,000 residents in 102 senior living communities across 19 states. In addition to 19 rehabilitation centers that offer a wide range of skilled nursing services, Elmcroft operates four multi-level retirement communities that allow residents to move between levels of care within the same community. Several Signature Programs span many of the Elmcroft communities and set the tone and structure for respectful resident care, health promotion and life enrichment. The Elmcroft Archive , a tribute to life stories, showcases a series of resident-narrated videos about life memories as an example of the fullness and richness that each unique resident brings when transitioning to a senior living community. In addition to Elmcroft’s strong focus on resident livelihood, the Elmcroft Blog regularly posts on topics of concern to caregivers, particularly caregivers of aging parents, and a number of communities offer caregiver support group services.

Elmcroft Facts

Elmcroft consists of 86 senior living communities across 18 states. Elmcroft’s communities are most heavily concentrated in Texas. Their communities have an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, based on 1,023 consumer reviews submitted to Caring.com. They provide older adults with nursinghome, assistedlivingfacility, independentliving, and alzheimer's care facilities.

Elmcroft by State

Elmcroft Rates

Averages are based on starting monthly costs, not inclusive of care and other costs. They are subject to change at any time. Continuing care retirement communities often require an entrance fee in addition to monthly rent.

State PA
Assisted Living $3,597
Independent Living $3,138
Memory Care $4,455

Elmcroft Caring Stars

The Caring Stars program honors service excellence at assisted living and memory care facilities in America based on consumer rating and reviews. (More on Caring Stars)

Elmcroft Communities

Alabama

Elmcroft of Byrd Springs

Huntsville, AL 35802
"Elmcroft of Byrd Springs was gorgeous and had beautiful chandeliers. The rooms were individualized with a cornice on top of each door that looked like it's their own little home. There was a shelf ..."

Elmcroft of Grayson Valley

Birmingham, AL 35215
"I went to Elmcroft of Grayson Valley. It was very impressive. It was a nice place. We did have another family member that had stayed there and left because there were some bad things that happened ..."

Elmcroft of Halcyon

Montgomery, AL 36117
"I visited Elmcroft and I just took a quick walk around. It was very clean and very nice. They have a variety of rooms to offer, they are of different sizes with kitchenettes, and so that was nice. ..."

Elmcroft of Heritage Woods

Mobile, AL 36695
"Elmcroft was an excellent place and I want to put my brother-in-law there, but we hardly ever go that way. It was right at his budget, and I liked the shared rooms. They have their own private livi..."

Arkansas

Elmcroft of Maumelle

Maumelle, AR 72113
"It was a good tour. Elmcroft of Maumelle was one of my favorite places that we looked at. We have chosen another place because it was so far away from us, and this was the only reason. Elmcroft of ..."

Elmcroft of Mountain Home

Mountain Home, AR 72653
"I visited Elmcroft prior to my mother moving in. I found a very homey atmosphere. There was a real feeling of community. Not only was it tastefully decorated but had an outside garden area where ..."

Elmcroft of Sherwood

Sherwood, AR 72120
"The staff at Elmcroft of Sherwood was very accommodating. I didn’t have an appointment, but they took the time to take me through the different types of rooms. The rooms were small, well maintained..."

Arizona

"Elmcroft of River Centre Tucson is too far away from where the rest of the family lives. It was a lovely place; I ate there, and the food was good. The prices for accommodations were very comparabl..."

Elmcroft of Tempe

Tempe, AZ 85283
"My husband with Alzheimer's is doing beautifully here with the caring kind people who work here. The food is so good. He has gained the 10 pounds the doctor wanted him to gain. By eating the wonder..."

California

Las Villas De Carlsbad

Carlsbad, CA 92008
"Happy, feels like home!"

Las Villas Del Norte

Escondido, CA 92026
"Las Villas Del Norte has an assisted living section and a skilled nursing section where we’ve had a wonderful experience every time my mother-in-law has had acute rehab there. It’s clean, and they ..."

Elmcroft of La Mesa

La Mesa, CA 91942
"My dad is over at Elmcroft of La Mesa. He has been there a month now, and it seems fine. It looks new -- and I don't know if it is new -- but it appears to be either new or newly renovated. His roo..."

Rancho Vista

Vista, CA 92084
"We had a satisfactory experience at Rancho Vista. Although some employees were good, and some were not. It is like a hospital room, but the dining room is fine. They have exercise, bingo, and music. "

Florida

Elmcroft of Carrollwood

Tampa, FL 33618
"Elmcroft of Carrollwood was good, and I liked them. The grounds were nice and close by. The rooms were excellent. I liked how they had walk-in showers instead of tubs. They had activities, like spi..."

Elmcroft of Timberlin Parc

Jacksonville, FL 32256
"We chose Elmcroft of Timberlin Parc. What I like about in this place is that it’s a small place, and it has been there for a long time, so it had a lot of experience in taking care of seniors. The ..."

Georgia

Elmcroft of Martinez

Martinez, GA 30907
"We liked Elmcroft, and my mother has committed to that one, so we are hoping to move her there soon. It was very positive. The people all seemed happy to be there, and everyone was very nice. They ..."

Elmcroft of Milford Chase

Marietta, GA 30008
"Elmcroft of Milford Chase was incredible, and it's a beautiful place. It seemed like a happy place, and residents and staff seemed friendly and pleasant. They have 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms, and th..."

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

Jonesboro, GA 30236
"I haven't been here that long (almost a year now) and have truly enjoyed my stay so far. I have felt very happy here and there is always something for us to participate in. The activities and food ..."

Elmcroft of Roswell

Roswell, GA 30075
"Elmcroft of Roswell was wonderful. It offered all the things I was looking for. It had very good care, and I was very pleased with it. They really cared about the residents there, and they really w..."

Indiana

Elmcroft of Fort Harrison

Indianapolis, IN 46216
"We liked everything about Greentree. However, we were looking for independent living, and there was none available. It was pretty nice. The staff was very pleasant, seemed to know their jobs quite ..."

Elmcroft of Muncie

Muncie, IN 47304
"We have placed my mom at Elmcroft. She has been there now for 2 months, and she is adjusting very well. It's a very nice place. It has a memory care unit, and my mom has Alzheimer's. Everyone is re..."

Elmcroft of West Lafayette

West Lafayette, IN 47906
"Greentree was brand new, very beautiful, and elegant. It's just way over my parent's head. It was big, and it looks great, but you wouldn’t know until you're living there. "

Kentucky

Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

Florence, KY 41042
"Elmcroft of Florence Kentucky was very nice, and the staff was very professional and knowledgeable. The rooms were good and might work for my mother. The bathrooms in the rooms were big, which is g..."

Elmcroft of Mount Washington

Mount Washington, KY 40047
"I thought Elmcroft of Mount Washington had a very caring and very excellent staff. They kept the residents very engaged on our visit, and everyone seemed happy. I really appreciated them and how th..."

Michigan

Elmcroft of Downriver

Brownstown Township, MI 48183
"Elmcroft of Downriver was absolutely beautiful, but it was too big and extremely expensive. I just liked the people and the setup. I liked the way that they had it set up for the lock-down -- which..."

Elmcroft of Kentwood

Kentwood, MI 49512
"Elmcroft of Kentwood is excellent. I don't have any complaints whatsoever. My mother is living there. The rooms are spacious and well lit with natural sunlight. Food, according to Mother, is excell..."

North Carolina

Elmcroft of Little Avenue

Charlotte, NC 28226
"Elmcroft of Little Avenue was a small, clean, and a quiet community. It had an activity room, and it had outside entertainment that they bring in from time to time. The residents are also able to g..."

Elmcroft of North Ridge

Raleigh, NC 27615
"Elmcroft of North Ridge was very nice. The person who toured us and gave us inside information was very thorough and friendly. I would want to go there myself. When I went in, I was warmly greeted...."

Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Southern Pines, NC 28387
"Elmcroft of Southern Pines was a very nice and newer facility. They had a nice physical facility, and the grounds were well-kept. They had memory care which my mom would eventually need because she..."

New Mexico

Elmcroft of Quintessence

Albuquerque, NM 87122
"We liked Elmcroft better, it looked newer, and it had an openness to the rooms. It seemed clean and well-organized. The staff was very well and nice and did a good tour, and I thought it was well p..."

Ohio

Elmcroft of Lima

Lima, OH 45807
"I was a resident here for five and a half years. You won't find a better place to stay. If you're looking for a place for yourself or your loved ones Elmcroft Lima is the place to go. You don't fee..."

Elmcroft of Lorain

Lorain, OH 44053
"Yes the rooms are small. But the people who work there are dedicated and friendly. There are always people around and lots of activity and scheduled events which I consider important. Overall I thi..."

Elmcroft of Medina

Medina, OH 44256
"My mother was there for a year. The staff was great and the facility wonderful. I cannot say enough good things about them. I recommend them to everyone I see. "

Elmcroft of Ontario

Mansfield, OH 44906
"I have been to Elmcroft of Ontario. My uncle lives there and seems OK. The only thing I’m concerned about is that all of their nurses are LPNs, and they don’t have any RNs. They’re all very friendl..."

Pennsylvania

Elmcroft of Allison Park

Allison Park, PA 15101
"Elmcroft of Allison is close to both my sister and me. We liked the fact that everything is on one floor and that the facility is not too big. The room is a nice size so it is like having a normal ..."

Elmcroft of Altoona

Duncansville, PA 16635
"Elmcroft of Altoona was great. The facility and people were good. They very seldom have vacancies. Their medical outlook is level 2 or above. They don't have a pool, but they have a huge garden in ..."

Elmcroft of Berwick

Berwick, PA 18603
"After looking around at other places with my parents for a place for my grandmother to stay, I was shocked at some of the other locations in the area: dirty, boring and no one seemed to care. I wa..."

Elmcroft of Chippewa

Beaver Falls, PA 15010
"The staff, setup and food are wonderful at Elmcroft of Chippewa. The dining room has linen tablecloths and napkins, which are very nice. Everything has been above and beyond. They have bingo, churc..."
See all 14 communities in Pennsylvania

South Carolina

"They're very kind at Elmcroft of Florence. They showed us a room, and everything looked really nice."

Tennessee

Elmcroft of Bartlett

Bartlett, TN 38134
"My parents knew some people at Elmcroft, and I felt it was important that they have people around with whom they’re already familiar. The people are accommodating and empathetic to somebody new mov..."

Elmcroft of Brentwood

Nashville, TN 37211
"Elmcroft is a very nice facility. They toured us around, and it had nice rooms. The staff was very knowledgeable and very nice. The living quarters were spacious, well appointed, and very clean. Th..."

Elmcroft of Halls

Knoxville, TN 37938
"My parents are happy, here. When my mom came here after a very long drive, they asked her if she was hungry, "we saved some dinner for you...." she felt right at home. She has been there for 3 mont..."

Elmcroft of Hamilton Place

Chattanooga, TN 37421
"I was very impressed with the way that Elmcroft of Hamilton Place stayed on top of things. They explained everything to me. They took me through the whole facility. They showed me the room that the..."

Texas

Elmcroft of Arlington

Arlington, TX 76016
"I visited several other communities in the area and I was much more impressed with Elmcroft over the others. The staff was warm and friendly and they really seemed to care about what they were doin..."

Elmcroft of Austin

Austin, TX 78745
"Elmcroft was not a large facility, and it’s a little bit old. They do have a special wing for memory care, but they focused more on the very advanced level. My aunt was not yet in that level. There..."

Elmcroft of Bedford

Bedford, TX 76021
"My dad is in the memory care unit at Elmcroft. He's doing great; he had positive improvement in memory and lots of improvement in physical ambulation. It was $2000 cheaper. "

Elmcroft of Braeswood

Houston, TX 77025
"We visited Elmcroft, and it was quite nice, very clean, and very friendly. Their grounds were well-landscaped. and the staff was very nice and very friendly. Their dining area and menu looked very ..."

Virginia

Elmcroft of Chesterfield

Richmond, VA 23235
"The only thing I don’t like about Elmcroft of Chesterfield is that it would be a little farther away for my son who lives here. On the other, this is not going to deter me from going to a place tha..."

West Virginia

Elmcroft of Martinsburg

Martinsburg, WV 25401
"We put my mother at Elmcroft of Martinsburg for a few weeks. I wished I live there. It was incredible and exactly what my mother needed. It was a bit pricey, though, but professional and clean. "