Elmcroft

Elmcroft Senior Living, founded in 2006 and based in Louisville, Kentucky, is among the 10 largest assisted living providers in the U.S. Formerly known as Senior Care, Elmcroft now serves around 6,000 residents in 102 senior living communities across 19 states. In addition to 19 rehabilitation centers that offer a wide range of skilled nursing services, Elmcroft operates four multi-level retirement communities that allow residents to move between levels of care within the same community. Several Signature Programs span many of the Elmcroft communities and set the tone and structure for respectful resident care, health promotion and life enrichment. The Elmcroft Archive , a tribute to life stories, showcases a series of resident-narrated videos about life memories as an example of the fullness and richness that each unique resident brings when transitioning to a senior living community. In addition to Elmcroft’s strong focus on resident livelihood, the Elmcroft Blog regularly posts on topics of concern to caregivers, particularly caregivers of aging parents, and a number of communities offer caregiver support group services.

Elmcroft Facts

Elmcroft consists of 86 senior living communities across 18 states. Elmcroft’s communities are most heavily concentrated in Texas. Their communities have an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars, based on 1,125 consumer reviews submitted to Caring.com. They provide older adults with nursinghome, assistedlivingfacility, independentliving, and alzheimer's care facilities.

Elmcroft by State

Elmcroft Rates

Averages are based on starting monthly costs, not inclusive of care and other costs. They are subject to change at any time. Continuing care retirement communities often require an entrance fee in addition to monthly rent.

State PA
Assisted Living $3,597
Independent Living $3,138
Memory Care $4,455

Elmcroft Caring Stars

The Caring Stars program honors service excellence at assisted living and memory care facilities in America based on consumer rating and reviews. (More on Caring Stars)

Elmcroft Communities

Alabama

Elmcroft of Byrd Springs

Huntsville, AL 35802
"Elmcroft of Byrd Springs was gorgeous and had beautiful chandeliers. The rooms were individualized with a cornice on top of each door that looked like it's their own little home. There was a shelf ..."

Elmcroft of Grayson Valley

Birmingham, AL 35215
"I went to Elmcroft of Grayson Valley. It was very impressive. It was a nice place. We did have another family member that had stayed there and left because there were some bad things that happened ..."

Elmcroft of Halcyon

Montgomery, AL 36117
"Elmcroft of Halcyon's cost was much more expensive, but I was very pleased the marketing person and the administrator. It was spotless, and I was really impressed. The only thing I didn't like was ..."

Elmcroft of Heritage Woods

Mobile, AL 36695
"Elmcroft of Heritage Woods was a very nice place and they were really nice people. They had both assisted living and memory care units for people with Alzheimer's and dementia. Most of the rooms in..."

Arkansas

Elmcroft of Maumelle

Maumelle, AR 72113
"My grandmother is in Elmcroft of Maumelle. My overall impression was good. Her room is nice and spacious. They have meals and activities, a doctor comes in, and they have a physical therapy room. T..."

Elmcroft of Mountain Home

Mountain Home, AR 72653
"Elmcroft of Mountain Home is very nice. My friend is doing good there. The staff members are great. They have been very good. My friend is happy there. She's happy, so we're happy. I would highly r..."

Elmcroft of Sherwood

Sherwood, AR 72120
"The staff at Elmcroft of Sherwood was very accommodating. I didn’t have an appointment, but they took the time to take me through the different types of rooms. The rooms were small, well maintained..."

Arizona

"I recently toured Elmcroft of River Centre with Cynthia and she was great and knowledgeable. I had recently toured other Assisted Living properties in the area and noticing that there was always ..."

Elmcroft of Tempe

Tempe, AZ 85283
"The tour of Elmcroft in Tempe was very impressive. I would definitely choose this location for a family member. I like the availability of staff members and management whenever I have questions or ..."

California

Las Villas De Carlsbad

Carlsbad, CA 92008
"Happy, feels like home!"

Las Villas Del Norte

Escondido, CA 92026
"Las Villas Del Norte has an assisted living section and a skilled nursing section where we’ve had a wonderful experience every time my mother-in-law has had acute rehab there. It’s clean, and they ..."

Elmcroft of La Mesa

La Mesa, CA 91942
"My dad is over at Elmcroft of La Mesa. He has been there a month now, and it seems fine. It looks new -- and I don't know if it is new -- but it appears to be either new or newly renovated. His roo..."

Rancho Vista

Vista, CA 92084
"We had a satisfactory experience at Rancho Vista. Although some employees were good, and some were not. It is like a hospital room, but the dining room is fine. They have exercise, bingo, and music. "

Florida

Elmcroft of Carrollwood

Tampa, FL 33618
"Elmcroft of Carrollwood was good, and I liked them. The grounds were nice and close by. The rooms were excellent. I liked how they had walk-in showers instead of tubs. They had activities, like spi..."

Elmcroft of Timberlin Parc

Jacksonville, FL 32256
"We chose Elmcroft of Timberlin Parc. What I like about in this place is that it’s a small place, and it has been there for a long time, so it had a lot of experience in taking care of seniors. The ..."

Georgia

Elmcroft of Martinez

Martinez, GA 30907
"We liked Elmcroft, and my mother has committed to that one, so we are hoping to move her there soon. It was very positive. The people all seemed happy to be there, and everyone was very nice. They ..."

Elmcroft of Milford Chase

Marietta, GA 30008
"Elmcroft of Milford Chase was incredible, and it's a beautiful place. It seemed like a happy place, and residents and staff seemed friendly and pleasant. They have 1-bedrooms and 2-bedrooms, and th..."

Elmcroft of Mt. Zion

Jonesboro, GA 30236
"If I have a loved one at Elmcroft of Mt. Zion, I would be comfortable with it. It was good because no one was wandering around by themselves. They have an activity room, but I didn't see anyone in ..."

Elmcroft of Roswell

Roswell, GA 30075
"Elmcroft of Roswell was wonderful. It offered all the things I was looking for. It had very good care, and I was very pleased with it. They really cared about the residents there, and they really w..."

Indiana

Elmcroft of Fort Harrison

Indianapolis, IN 46216
"We liked everything about Greentree. However, we were looking for independent living, and there was none available. It was pretty nice. The staff was very pleasant, seemed to know their jobs quite ..."

Elmcroft of Muncie

Muncie, IN 47304
"Elmcroft of Muncie's staff is great, very friendly, and helpful. The grounds are very nice. The rooms are very nice and well taken care of. They put in new carpeting and paint before my mom moved i..."

Elmcroft of West Lafayette

West Lafayette, IN 47906
"Greentree was brand new, very beautiful, and elegant. It's just way over my parent's head. It was big, and it looks great, but you wouldn’t know until you're living there. "

Kentucky

Elmcroft of Florence - Kentucky

Florence, KY 41042
"Elmcroft of Florence Kentucky was very nice, and the staff was very professional and knowledgeable. The rooms were good and might work for my mother. The bathrooms in the rooms were big, which is g..."

Elmcroft of Mount Washington

Mount Washington, KY 40047
"I thought Elmcroft of Mount Washington had a very caring and very excellent staff. They kept the residents very engaged on our visit, and everyone seemed happy. I really appreciated them and how th..."

Michigan

Elmcroft of Downriver

Brownstown Township, MI 48183
"Elmcroft of Downriver was absolutely beautiful, but it was too big and extremely expensive. I just liked the people and the setup. I liked the way that they had it set up for the lock-down -- which..."

Elmcroft of Kentwood

Kentwood, MI 49512
"Elmcroft of Kentwood is excellent. I don't have any complaints whatsoever. My mother is living there. The rooms are spacious and well lit with natural sunlight. Food, according to Mother, is excell..."

North Carolina

Elmcroft of Little Avenue

Charlotte, NC 28226
"My husband stayed at Elmcroft of Little Avenue. It is a fantastic facility, and I loved going over there. The place is comfortable, and they involve the residents in making decisions and in project..."

Elmcroft of North Ridge

Raleigh, NC 27615
"Elmcroft of North Ridge was very nice. The person who toured us and gave us inside information was very thorough and friendly. I would want to go there myself. When I went in, I was warmly greeted...."

Elmcroft of Southern Pines

Southern Pines, NC 28387
"We visited Elmcroft and it was a very nice facility. The lady who showed me around was very accommodating and answered all my questions. It was very clean, and the rooms were very nice. They have a..."

New Mexico

Elmcroft of Quintessence

Albuquerque, NM 87122
"We liked Elmcroft better, it looked newer, and it had an openness to the rooms. It seemed clean and well-organized. The staff was very well and nice and did a good tour, and I thought it was well p..."

Ohio

Elmcroft of Lima

Lima, OH 45807
"I was a resident here for five and a half years. You won't find a better place to stay. If you're looking for a place for yourself or your loved ones Elmcroft Lima is the place to go. You don't fee..."

Elmcroft of Lorain

Lorain, OH 44053
"Yes the rooms are small. But the people who work there are dedicated and friendly. There are always people around and lots of activity and scheduled events which I consider important. Overall I thi..."

Elmcroft of Medina

Medina, OH 44256
"I liked Elmcroft, it was really nice, clean, bright, and they had a nice setup there. The staff was friendly. My mom can choose to stay there for short time. I saw the food and the menu, and it loo..."

Elmcroft of Ontario

Mansfield, OH 44906
"My mother is at Elmcroft of Ontario, and it's been wonderful. They're very easy to get along with and answer any questions I want. She's a very social person and fit in well. She plays cards and bi..."

Pennsylvania

Elmcroft of Allison Park

Allison Park, PA 15101
"Elmcroft of Allison is close to both my sister and me. We liked the fact that everything is on one floor and that the facility is not too big. The room is a nice size so it is like having a normal ..."

Elmcroft of Altoona

Duncansville, PA 16635
"Elmcroft of Altoona was great. The facility and people were good. They very seldom have vacancies. Their medical outlook is level 2 or above. They don't have a pool, but they have a huge garden in ..."

Elmcroft of Berwick

Berwick, PA 18603
"After looking around at other places with my parents for a place for my grandmother to stay, I was shocked at some of the other locations in the area: dirty, boring and no one seemed to care. I wa..."

Elmcroft of Chippewa

Beaver Falls, PA 15010
"Elmcroft of Chippewa was good and the rooms were nice and well-kept. I got all the answers I needed. They had activities like games and socializing. The staff seems to be really decent."
See all 14 communities in Pennsylvania

South Carolina

"They're very kind at Elmcroft of Florence. They showed us a room, and everything looked really nice."

Tennessee

Elmcroft of Bartlett

Bartlett, TN 38134
"Elmcroft of Bartlett is an excellent place and the food is excellent, too. The staff is good. They have somebody that takes care of all the activities for the residents to keep them busy."

Elmcroft of Brentwood

Nashville, TN 37211
"Elmcroft is a very nice facility. They toured us around, and it had nice rooms. The staff was very knowledgeable and very nice. The living quarters were spacious, well appointed, and very clean. Th..."

Elmcroft of Halls

Knoxville, TN 37938
"My parents are happy, here. When my mom came here after a very long drive, they asked her if she was hungry, "we saved some dinner for you...." she felt right at home. She has been there for 3 mont..."

Elmcroft of Hamilton Place

Chattanooga, TN 37421
"I was very impressed with the way that Elmcroft of Hamilton Place stayed on top of things. They explained everything to me. They took me through the whole facility. They showed me the room that the..."

Texas

Elmcroft of Arlington

Arlington, TX 76016
"I visited several other communities in the area and I was much more impressed with Elmcroft over the others. The staff was warm and friendly and they really seemed to care about what they were doin..."

Elmcroft of Austin

Austin, TX 78745
"Elmcroft was not a large facility, and it’s a little bit old. They do have a special wing for memory care, but they focused more on the very advanced level. My aunt was not yet in that level. There..."

Elmcroft of Bedford

Bedford, TX 76021
"My dad is in the memory care unit at Elmcroft. He's doing great; he had positive improvement in memory and lots of improvement in physical ambulation. It was $2000 cheaper. "

Elmcroft of Braeswood

Houston, TX 77025
"I am so very grateful to the staff of Elmcroft during Hurricane Harvey! On Sunday Aug 20, as the waters were rising, Elmcroft evacuated all 48 residents of Elmcroft! My mom was safely moved, along ..."

Virginia

Elmcroft of Chesterfield

Richmond, VA 23235
"If anyone needs assisted living I can highly recommend Elmcroft of Chesterfield. EVERYONE who works there are so nice and considerate. They accommodated my Mom's vision problem by cutting up her me..."

West Virginia

Elmcroft of Martinsburg

Martinsburg, WV 25401
"We put my mother at Elmcroft of Martinsburg for a few weeks. I wished I live there. It was incredible and exactly what my mother needed. It was a bit pricey, though, but professional and clean. "