Benchmark

Founded in 1997, Benchmark Senior Living now has 50 locations in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont — including residences in the greater Boston, Hartford, New Haven, Providence, and Cape Cod regions. They provide New England with a variety of senior living options, including Independent Living, Traditional Assisted Living, Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired (including Alzheimer's and Dementia Care), and Respite Stay programs. They pride themselves on keeping their service and culture personal. Based on the training they give staff, the variety of diverse activities they host with a goal of engaging all their residents, residents have a chance to learn something new, share fun social times with friends, and stay as active as they want to be. It has been said that when it comes to senior living communities, a happy staff makes for a happy environment. So it bodes well that Benchmark Senior Living was named one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts for the sixth consecutive year by The Boston Globe’s 2014 Top Places to Work survey.

Benchmark Facts

Benchmark consists of 54 senior living communities across 6 states. Benchmark’s communities are most heavily concentrated in Massachusetts. Their communities have an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars, based on 570 consumer reviews submitted to Caring.com. They provide older adults with continuingcareretirementcommunity, assistedlivingfacility, independentliving, and alzheimer's care facilities.

Benchmark by State

Benchmark Articles

Benchmark Senior Living Staff Training Makes a Difference

Learn how exceptional training at Benchmark Senior Living communities leads to enhanced quality of life for residents.

At Benchmark Senior Living, It's Not Just About Bingo

Discover the activities Benchmark Senior Living uses to keep residents active and engaged every day.

Dining with Dignity at Benchmark Senior Living

Learn how Benchmark Senior Living uses food to help seniors with Alzheimer's and Dementia

Benchmark Rates

Averages are based on starting monthly costs, not inclusive of care and other costs. They are subject to change at any time. Continuing care retirement communities often require an entrance fee in addition to monthly rent.

State MA
State RI
Assisted Living $3,199
Independent Living $3,635

Benchmark Caring Stars

The Caring Stars program honors service excellence at assisted living and memory care facilities in America based on consumer rating and reviews. (More on Caring Stars)

Benchmark Communities

Connecticut

Academy Point at Mystic

Mystic, CT 06355
"Academy Point was absolutely wonderful. Everything that we assessed there suggested that it's a terrific place. We were very impressed, and my brother-in-law liked it too. He just didn't want to le..."

Benchmark at Split Rock

Shelton, CT 06484
"My mother is in Benchmark at Split Rock. The place is very nice and it's only three years old. The staff is very good. They have had some changes that they had to work through a little bit, but it'..."
"I liked the staff at Benchmark Senior Living at Hamden. The rooms were nice. It was so inviting. They had trips to different places. You can tell that the residents like being there. "

Carriage Green at Milford

Milford, CT 06461
"We moved Dad to Carriage Green at Milford on July 1. When I came down on the afternoon after I called for a schedule, it was all very good and I was very impressed. I liked the atmosphere and the s..."

Massachusetts

"We visited Leominster Crossings. There is a waiting list, so I submitted the paper work to be put on the waiting list. This place is assisted living. They were very nice, and the place was beautifu..."

Tatnuck Park at Worcester

Worcester, MA 01602

Ashland Farm at North Andover

North Andover, MA 01845
"Ashland Farm is excellent, and the manager and the support staff took their time and explained everything. The facility itself was much brighter and had a homier atmosphere. The activities are vari..."
"We had a very good visit at Benchmark Senior Living at Forge Hill. The people who showed us around were very nice. They knew the residents by name, and they greeted them. The staff also came up to ..."
See all 27 communities in Massachusetts

Maine

Bay Square at Yarmouth

Yarmouth, ME 04096
"Bay Square was excellent. They were a newer establishment, so they're very clean. The staff were friendly and excellently trained in memory care. They showed me things that they do, how they have f..."

New Hampshire

Bedford Falls

Bedford, NH 03110
"Bedford Falls was wonderful, new, and clean. The staff was professional. There were a lot of activities for everyone, like cards, games, and arts and crafts. We enjoyed that visit very much. "

Greystone Farm at Salem

Salem, NH 03079
"Greystone Farm was very clean, very organized, had enough activities, and was not too far. They had Hawaiian Night, special occasion nights, and brought them to the beach and different parks. They ..."
"My mother has moved into Benchmark Senior Living at Nashua Crossings. The staff is wonderful, and everybody is helpful. My mother has already gotten into groups with people and doing activities tha..."

The Birches at Concord

Concord, NH 03301
"The Birches is very posh and nice. My husband said that the food is good and has quite a variety. I am very happy with the staff, which is really good. They have a lot of silly games and sing-a-lon..."

Rhode Island

Blenheim-Newport

Middletown, RI 02842
"Blenheim-Newport is very good for my mom. She feels worthwhile doing things with other people; they give her jobs to do, so she feels like she's giving back. Her furniture is there, so it gives her..."

Capitol Ridge at Providence

Providence, RI 02908
"Capitol Ridge was great and very attentive, and they take care of my father’s needs. His room is adequate and clean. They have daily exercise and entertainment that comes in. "

Greenwich Farms at Warwick

Warwick, RI 02888
"Greenwich Farms at Warwick was close to me and fancy. It was really nice and pretty inside. I thought it would cost a little more than others. They had shared and private rooms. Down the end of hal..."

Vermont

The Arbors at Shelburne

Shelburne, VT 05482
"We knew from our first visit to the Arbors that this was the place where my stepfather would thrive. He is fully engaged in all the daily activities, and always appears happy and relaxed when we v..."