Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

Reviews of Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

Overview of Ratings

2.9

August 03, 2011

I visited this facility when I was looking for a place for my grandmother to stay for long-term care. I expected the place to be like a hospital because of its size and outdoor appearance, but it is actually very nice and homey inside. I went to visit on a Saturday around 3pm, a time when nursing homes are usually dead, but this place was bustling and full of families, kids, patients, etc. It was a warm environment. On each floor, the residents were crowded in front of the TV, but they looked entertained (versus at other places where the residents are forced to sit around doing nothing at all). I got a very good impression of the place. I spoke to a resident who said it was a "great nursing home" and all of the nurses I spoke to said they liked their jobs. Obviously they could have been lying, but they seemed sincere. The care of patients really depends on how happy the nurses are! Since my grandmother did not end up moving here, I do not know exactly how the care is. But I can say that I got a very good impression of the facility, and it is in a great location, right next to a bus stop and close to the subway (7). It is a huge facility that feels warm, homey, and hospitable. The rooms are average size.

Features of Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

• Cantonese
  • Korean
  • Mandarin
  • Russian
  • Tagalog

About Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility

Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility is a nursing home in Woodside, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Queens Boulevard Extended Care Facility