Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

378 Syosset Woodbury Road, Woodbury, NY, 11797

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

Michelled108 December 25, 2016

I'm only using a 1 star because I need to in order to give a review. My father is a patient in room 107 in the SeaCliff building tonight on Christmas Eve my mom went to visit him and found him with his head completely leaning over his trach, the trach bleeding out, and his facial coloring was changing. She immediately asked for help and was told "oh you're crazy" "you are over reacting he's fine" "you didn't see what you think you saw". She started having a panic attack and called me from his room. I called and asked to speak to the nursing supervisor. I was transferred to Lizette. She laughed when I asked to speak to the last person who repositioned him, when I asked her to call me back and she didn't take my number I asked to give it to her and she refused to take it. She hasn't let me communicate my issues to her she keeps speaking over me and when I told her that I heard her out without speaking and would appreciate if she could return the favor she responded with "Michelle how much longer do you want me to speak to you? How much more are of my time are you going to take up tonight?" Here I am thinking that I would get some help or assistance and instead I'm being laughed at and made to feel as though speaking to me about my father is an inconvenience to them on Christmas Eve. My mother is still there with my daughter who might I add is barely a teenager and they are both crying in my father's room because the nurses are speaking so negatively and so loudly of me that it can be heard all the down the hall in my father's room. I do not understand why anyone would act in such a way especially a nursing supervisor. I do not know who else to reach out to tonight. It's Christmas Eve and my father is being mistreated and might have possibly died tonight if my mother didn't go. My mother is having a panic attack, my daughter is traumatized, and I'm sitting here helpless and heartbroken and full of anxiety because I do not know who else to speak to.

three sisters August 26, 2016

my sister was here for 4 wks - the level of care and medical attention was less than stellar (aka sucked). the communication/coordination between staff members was very poorly executed and were non informative to my sister & other family members. the food was below par. my overall evaluation of this facility is poor to very poor.. I wouldn't bring my pet here!! p.s. the pt and ot were very adequate.

Carl548208 July 01, 2016

My wife is in Cold Spring Hills Nursing Home (Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation). It’s very nice inside. The staff members are very nice and helpful with feeding, which is mainly what I need. I think the food is very good.

Ann McGrath January 26, 2016

My dad was there for 6 months and developed a stage 4 bedsore from neglect of turning him properly and a faulty air mattress. The nursing staff tries to attend to patients needs but the overall support is understaffed.The administration is far worse and the doctor mostly ignores you. My dads foot had lost blood circulation and we noticed 2 weeks ago but after mentioning it to him he said it was normal for him. After we demanded to have him taken to the hospital to be evaluated the vascular doctor said that it had been going on for 2 weeks and there was nothing he could do for it and the only option was to have the leg amputated or provide comfort for him. We did not want to put him through that and decided to make him as comfortable as possible. He passed away a few days ago and will be missed dearly. I wish I hadn't placed so much trust that the doctor was handling his foot properly and will have to live with that for the rest of my life.

Chris.M January 22, 2016

My dad was there for 6 months and although the nursing staff tries their best to attend to patients needs the overall support is insufficient for most patients needs. The administration is far worse and the doctor mostly ignores you. My dads foot had lost blood circulation and we noticed 2 weeks ago but after mentioning it to him he said it was normal for him. After we demanded to have him looked at the hospital the vascular doctor said that it had been going on for 2 weeks and there was nothing he could do for it the only option was to have the leg amputated or provide comfort for him. We did not want to put him through that and decided to make him as comfortable as possible. He passed away a few days ago.

As we have said before Chris, Please accept our deepest condolences. Our nursing staff was very fond of your father, and we are all feeling his absence. We would like the opportunity, when you are ready, to speak with you in regards to the care of your father. Please contact Bob Baranello at rbaranello@nathealthcare.com at your convenience. Again, we are very sorry for your loss and we will be remembering your father fondly.

Kim117712250 December 29, 2015

My dad was at Cold Spring Hills Center. We weren’t very happy with them because he didn’t get good care there. At one time, he fell out of bed and was on the floor. He was able to pull the phone down and call me to tell me he was on the floor. I had to call the nurses station and tell them to go check on him. Then in the lunchroom, they left him sitting in a wheelchair staring at the wall. The only thing that was nice was the outside in the courtyard. That was a nice place to go out and sit, and they had music out there. However, the inside wasn’t that nice, and the elevators were terrible; there were only two of them, so you had to wait. The room and dining room were OK, nothing great. They didn’t take care of my dad. They need to improve on the care that they give the patients.

Anonymous lady10 November 25, 2015

The admission lady at Cold Springs was very outgoing. The staff all seemed concerned, but there wasn't any availability. They had activities, and the rooms were clean and nice. My mom would probably eventually have to go in to the lockdown dementia unit. She is mobile at this point but most of the people that we have seen there were not as mobile as her.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad to hear that you found our admissions director to be friendly and glad you could see our staff’s genuine concern for our residents. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and thank you for considering Cold Spring Hills Center for Health & Rehabilitation. We have several other affiliated centers in the area that might be able to help with your mother’s medical needs. Please reach out to us at (844) 692-3648.

Bigbear33 November 23, 2015

Horrible I would nvr send anyone here I pushed the help button 11/2 hours till anyone came that is after I called the front desk and she kept me company for over an hour. And ask every 15 minutes r they there yet.I was getting meds for pain all of a sudden middle of nite it changed it changed from 3 hour intervals to 6. I hv nasty nurse assistant who is unhappy that I got her up from her chair. This place gets away with stuff cause most patients here r quite old so they haven't a clue. Day ,3/was the 1st time I got p/t but that wound up being stopped than started again after some schedule confusion being Sunday before thankgiving. If I could gv it 0 stars I would

We are deeply concerned about the incident which you describe, Bigbear. Our staff is instructed to respond as soon as possible after a call button is activated and it should never be as long as you have described. Please contact our administrator, Bob Baranello (rbaranello – (516) 921-3900) at your earliest convenience as we would like to discuss this further. Your comfort and condition are very important to us, and we would like to ensure that we are providing the best care possible.

Caring112400350 September 07, 2015

Cold Spring Hills was very nice, and the care was very good. The room was of a nice size and was well kept. The staff was accommodating too. They can have some newer equipment because some of them were older, but it is a pleasant place to be.

CMiller January 22, 2013

At night the nurses and aides ignored my Mom's call light. She would need help to use the bathroom ,and her light could be on for two hours without them coming once. During the week days the staff seemed more attentive, but I feel horrible leaving my Mom there.

up4dibs October 25, 2012

Other

My father was a patient in this facility. He suffered a stroke in Conneticut and was transfered to this facility to be closer to our family. He was slowly getting better to the point where the doctors at this facility decided it was time to remove the breathing tube. That's a great thing, except they were not monitoring him and he DIED. SENSELESS!!!!! I would not put my dog in this facility to be cared for!!!!

Desipik April 07, 2012

My mother was a patient in this nursing home. She had alzheimers with a vengeance. I found the staff to always be patient and friendly. I went every day of the week to see her seven days a week. I visited my mom at different times of the day. Sometimes lunch and dinner or sometimes for breakfast and dinner. I always wanted to check on her condition. She had to wear Depends and I wanted to make sure that she was taken care of and clean. The nurses would always follow up with me to let me know if the doctor saw her. If I saw something that she needed (a podiatrist or a hair appointment), they would make the appointment for her. I made sure that her account had money in it and the nursing home never abused the account.I bought all of her personal possesions and clothing that she needed. I miss her very much. She passed away in that nursing home.I can honestly say that the nursing home was always kept immaculate and the home never had a smell.

About Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Woodbury, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335555
  • Resident Capacity 606
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Cold Spring Hills Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation