Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation

5680 WINDY HILL DRIVE, Winston-Salem, NC, 27105

Reviews of Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation

Chris115820250 November 25, 2015

Oak Forest Health was convenient to where we live. Everybody was extremely nice and very clean, but Debbie just did not want to go to a nursing facility. They have the therapist and CNAs who, I noticed, helped feed a lot of the people that weren’t able to. They had a place where they could get a haircut and an outside area for sitting. The grounds were really nice. I noticed that they have a lot of things, like bingo and people coming in to sing.

R.P October 29, 2015

My mom was very pleased with Oak Forest. It was very clean. The only problem was that they had a leak in the room when we first got there, but that was rectified. The rooms were very spacious, and the staff was nice and very accommodating to my dad’s diet. They had acitivities like bingo, church, games for the elderly, and outside activities.

Peggy Jones September 29, 2015

In my eyes, this is the best rehab facility in Forsyth. The staff are very kind and attentive to patient needs. The doctor is very willing to meet with families and the nurses do a wonderful job. It's very clean which is a major plus.

Doeyes September 11, 2015

I highly recommend this facility to others. The staff is very eager to help. Patients are always clean, and are not laying around in their beds. The staff is very interactive with care. Always greeted with many smiles!!!

PJL14 July 29, 2015

I would not recommend this facility for extended high level rehab under any set of circumstances. A dear friend was discharged to this facility from Forsyth Hospital's ICU. He had undergone multiple back surgeries and several other unforeseen emergency procedures requiring general anesthesia which resulted in a staff infection, being on a ventilator and feeding tube and eventually having a tracheotomy. He was physically unable to begin rehab but still needed skilled care so the hospital sent him here. When I arrived tonight, my friend had removed his trach tube, pulled out his catheter, soiled himself, wore no gown (with both the room door and privacy curtain open), was in extreme pain (I could see that, even though he cannot speak) and had no "call" button. When I went to find his nurse, I learned that there was one nurse for the entire trach unit (at least 6-8 rooms, most with 2 residents each) and that she "would be there when it was his turn" I got there at 6pm, before the beginning of her shift at 7pm and it was 10pm when she reached his room. She filled his feeding bag, gave him his medications via his feeding tube and said that she was done. I asked about his most recent vitals and was asked "What day is it? Do they only do vitals every other day or twice a week on someone that sick? I never received an answer. I then asked her nicely if she would help me move him (he is partially paralyzed due to the surgeries), to please replace the tubes he'd removed and get someone to clean him up. She just kept replying that she "would call someone in just a minute." So, I walked the halls for about 20 minutes, very upset. When I returned, nothing I'd asked for had been done, but at least he was sleeping. I suppose a drugged patient makes a good patient. They don't tend to make too many demands. This is ridiculous and simply an outrage. There is no way this was an isolated incident - it was standard operating procedure. I'm so sorry there is a need for places like this. But most of all that they are allowed to "care" for those whose circumstances require it - but don't receive it.

Charlie B. September 10, 2014

I believe this is the best care facility in Forsyth County. We have been in others. The staff are professional and listen to any concerns you have and work hard to correct any deficiencies or problems that arise. We are well pleased with the all around care in every area. Food is always hot and well balanced. The surroundings are well kept and very clean. We recommend this facility highly.

concerned4u2 August 28, 2014

BEWARE of the office staff. They don't know Medicare regulations or laws. They may not be notify you in writing before your insurance coverage will end or they determine it should end. You will end up with them telling YOU that you owe lots of money and you'll have to hire an attorney to deal with them. BEWARE of them -- we got nothing but the runaround from the office staff.

Popsday February 24, 2014

After 17 days of care for my dad after his hip replacement I can not say enough good things about this facility! My dad is 90 and has had a wonderful experience. My mother has made daily visits and has not seen one thing the other reviews have said. The staff is professional, caring and my dad has had a thoroughly enjoyable and successful experience. The food is good, the facility is clean with no odor, the nurses are smiling and kind. All the patients seemed well cared for, and my dad is completely prepared for coming home. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

mzcowhead July 05, 2013

My mother is in this facility, and I will be taking her out as soon as I find another willing to take her. Most of the staff are rude, my mother has terrible bed sores on her bottom, and she was cut on by a wound doctor without sedation! I am appalled at this, and intend to pursue this matter fully! If I knew then what I know now, I would not put my dog in this facility.

Ellebevy June 05, 2012

The staff never washes their hands when they enter a room. One nurse actually had her finger in a cup that my father was supposed to use to wash down his medicine. His roommate called the nurse to help him to the bathroom and an hour later, while my disabled father (hip replacement recovery) was already trying to help him. They are rude when you ask questions and act as though you don't have the right to ask. My father, also a kidney transplant on immunosuppressants, was NEVER given his medication at the correct times. When we decided to take him out early, the employee at the desk said "well, I wish we would have known since Medicare pays for 21 days" instead of concerning herself with whether my Dad had had enough rehabilitation or not. Further, my Dad is missing his bottom teeth and they did not bother making sure he was served food that he could actually chew. HORRIBLE. This place should be shut down. I am totally shocked at their lack of care and fully intend on taking my concerns to higher authorities.

Jonas February 22, 2012

I have visited Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation on several occasions. With each visit I was greeted by professional staff members, the facility had no odor, and was very pleased with the interaction of staff and residents. I would highly recommend Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation to anyone looking for long or short term care.

WTD July 19, 2011

I walked this facility unannounced to see the type of care given to residents when staff was unprepared. My father will soon need care of this sort soon and I want the best for him. I am very disappointed and disturbed with what I witnessed at this facility. I noticed resident doors were left open along with privacy curtains allowing me to see exposed residents when care was given. I saw nurses bickering among themselves while a resident lay between them in need of help. During an evening break I noticed many of the staff outside smoking while leaving residents unattended. I will not be placing my father here!

John-1 October 21, 2009

I stayed here

BEWARE!!! I am disabled, and have 3 insurance coverages, including Medicare. I was transported to this facility to recover from hip replacement surgery in April, 2009. This facility billed my BlueCross BlueShield provider and is refusing to submit billing reimbursement to Medicare and TriCare unless if first pay $150. I am 69 years old and have never had a medical service provider refuse to submit its bill to all of my insurance providers before requesting a payment from me. I am not impressed by anything about this medical facility.

About Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation

Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Winston-Salem, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Oak Forest Health and Rehabilitation