Citadel Care Center of Wilmette

432 POPLAR DRIVE, Wilmette, IL, 60091

Reviews of Citadel Care Center of Wilmette

ash93 May 19, 2012

My experience was really good. The staff is very welcoming and nice. Although sometimes it feels there should be more employees helping out the residents. There are many times my aunt needs something and they take quite some time to respond. They have valet parking which is something I thought was very convenient. The quality of the workers is great. Everyone is always so friendly. There are 3 floors I believe but the building itself is not too big and quite small in my opinion. It is also a very clean and neat place. The washrooms are always clean and never dirty. I have been to other facilities but I really like this one.

momtoo January 14, 2012

My 92 year old mother spent a week at ManorCare after being discharged from the hospital. While the physical, occupational and memory therapy she received was very good I was disappointed by other aspects of her stay. My major disappointment is that her personal hygiene matters were seen to by young men. This was humiliating for my mother. When I expressed my concerns to the staff they indicated that this was just the way things were. The other complaint I had was that my mother's roommate had a pain disorder that would make her cry out in agony during would care which happened twice a day for about 20 minutes per session. Hearing these cries of anguish was very stressful for my mother. I was shocked that no one bothered to wheel her or help her move (she was self ambulatory but needed supervision) to the commons area during this time. I expressed this concern to the director but nothing was done. I felt that my mother had received more personal attention and been afforded more dignity at another facility during an earlier stay. The physical building was on par with other nursing homes. A small front garden with a seating area was a plus

About Citadel Care Center of Wilmette

Citadel Care Center of Wilmette is a nursing home in Wilmette, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Citadel Care Center of Wilmette for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Citadel Care Center of Wilmette

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: