The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens

157-15 19th Ave, Whitestone, NY, 11357

Reviews of The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens

August 15, 2017

By Christa Rathjen

Loved the staff, very happy, helpful and professional. Everyone was great from the custodial staff up to the manager staff. The only problem I had was I don't think the staff should park in the parking lot. It is small as it is. Most people here have elderly spouses visiting and for them to have to park on Francis Lewis Blvd and walk in order to visit their loves ones is horrible.

July 06, 2017

By Evelyn Marstan

My husband suffered a debilitating stroke several months ago and wound up in NYU hospital in New York. Because he is relatively young (67), i was very fearful about the prospect of a quick recovery for him post discharge from the hospital. We live in Queens and I did extensive research on top stroke rehabilitation centers in Queens, New York and was amazed to find that though there are programs in place to begin stroke rehab from the hospital, there are very few options for post-acute stroke rehab in the area of new york, unless you are willing to be an outpatient. I was ambivalent about this because I didn't think I'd be able to equip the apartment (and myself) to be able to handle his needs so soon after his hospitalization. Then I found information on The Walter Strauss Stroke Center located at the Grand Rehab at Queens. I met with their team prior to my husbands discharge and was impressed with what I heard and hoped that as an in-patient with 24 skilled nursing care, on top of the stroke rehab, that he'd be able to regain core functioning and abilities. Dr. Weissman, who is their clinical director, took an interest in his case from the beginning and this was very reassuring for me and our only daughter. My husband made steady progress at the walter strauss stroke center and we were very pleased with the therapy and the care. There were minor issues here and there which were quickly ameliorated through open communication and dialogue with his doctors and nurses. The staff was great! All in all, I highly recommend this stroke center in queens ny, for recovering patients post hospitalization and prior to home.

April 07, 2017

By M. Stingelar

Our family was extremely pleased with the care provided to my Mom during her recent stay at the Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens. We appreciated the professionalism, respect and careful attention. We would highly recommend this center to anyone.

September 11, 2016

By Sam064835

The Grand Rehab is excellent, there’s no smell, and there’s nothing to complain about. It’s more like a country club, it’s very clean, and the patients are very clean with no smell or anything. My sister is alright with the food, the staffing is excellent, and the therapy is working for her. She’s very pleased with them. The rooms are spacious, and I think they have a lot of fun and games.

January 22, 2015

By JannetteLee

I actually really love this center. Had my grandma in here for a couple of months. They were super attentive to her and my family's needs. The staff was polite and made her stay pleasant and bearable for us. I recommend this place to anyone who has a loved one and wants them to be treated like family!

Photos of The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens

• Pets: No Pets Allowed.

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses

About The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens

The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens is a 179-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in residential Whitestone, Queens. At The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens, we have worked tirelessly to bring the warmth and comforts of home to our fully-appointed facility. Both short and long term guests will notice the difference in our approach to providing quality healthcare throughout our facility. At The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing, our guests always come first.

As the preferred destination for the highest quality healthcare, The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens boasts the most advanced and world class clinical care anywhere. We believe that even the little things can play a large role in getting our guests back on their feet again, with holistic care that extends beyond treating symptoms. Take a moment to enjoy our peaceful grounds, to chat with our friendly staff, or to savor the blissful feeling of slipping into a freshly made bed at the end of a long day. Whether you are here for an extended stay or just for short term rehabilitation, we have no doubt that our amiable, attentive personnel and our tastefully decorated environment will provide those extra touches that will turn your stay with us into an experience that is truly Grand.

The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens is proud to offer a full continuum of premium healthcare services provided by highly trained and skilled personnel with years of experience caring for individuals in all clinical situations.

Our commitment to our guests extends beyond having an expert staff, with state-of-the-art equipment and resources to enable them to achieve maximum success throughout their stay.

Map of The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens