Care One - Hanover Township

101 Whippany Road, Whippany, NJ, 07981

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Care One - Hanover Township

Caring94551350 November 24, 2014

We didn’t care for Care One too much. They said they would do rehab and there was rehab, but then they stopped and he regressed. When he left the facility, he was a lot worse than when he originally went in. They have enough training, and they have staff, so maybe it wasn’t them; my father is not a great patient, and he was kind of stubborn. You couldn’t get any answers from the staff. You asked questions, and you couldn’t get any answers from them. They are paying a doctor to come in, and we see him maybe once a week. The physical structure was fine; I've see him once or twice doing activities in the room. They do have places to socialize and areas for families. They were compassionate and understanding about the case at one point, but not towards the end. The cleanliness was above par. They must answer questions when people have questions about the operation, about seeing the doctors, and patient-doctor relationships were very poor there.

Caring71228550 July 12, 2014

They told me when my mother went in Care One that they accepted Medicare. After she was discharged, they had a bill for over $4000. They were saying that Medicare didn't pay for her room and board and they wanted me to pay it. They waited months and months and months before they sent this bill. I would not recommend them as a sub-acute facility. I would recommend that people be very careful with their financial obligation before they go in there. Other than their billing, we weren’t interviewed by the place before I agreed to bring her there. They started off being very nice to her. She shared a room with someone, and this person left, then they moved her into a room by herself. After she was in a room by herself, she was pretty much ignored. The staff in the physical therapy department was very nice. They were very kind and very nurturing. It's very clean. The activities director was amazing. Of all four places she had been in throughout the last year, the activities director there was the nicest of all of them. He got right down on the patient's level, and he connected with all of them. He got them out of their rooms. He got them involved even then they didn't want to be. I would personally recommend the activities director to go anywhere. He has high accolades.

About Care One - Hanover Township

Care One - Hanover Township is a nursing home in Whippany, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One - Hanover Township for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Care One - Hanover Township

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: