North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

194 SWINDERMAN ROAD, Wexford, PA, 15090

Reviews of North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Prior patient March 05, 2017

I was a patient here and I would never go back here ever. The staff were extremely rude. We had to wait 30 minutes before anyone would answer the call bell. There was another patient they sat in the hallway and all she would do is scream at everyone all night long. I did not get any rest at all and could not wait to go home. The food was awful and they never followed the specific diabetic diet I was on. When I was discharged the equipment they promised would be at my home was not there. I would look out my window and see the social outside smoking a cigarette and talking on here phone. Apparently not doing her job of getting my equipment ordered. It was the worst experience I ever had and I would never go back

B3 r February 28, 2017

The hominess of the facility immediately brought a feeling of comfort to my mother and my family. The staff worked as a team to make her stay comfortable and productive. The director was always present and concerns were addressed promptly. I am grateful to the skilled, kind hearted nurses, PTs, social worker, aids, activity staff and even the cleaning personnel who kept the facility spotless. Mom is back in her home doing well thanks to NHHR. I would definitely recommend NHHR to others.

Emma1018 February 24, 2017

I was extremely impressed from the very beginning with North Hills, from the coziness of the facility, to the amazing nursing staff who actually care and show that they care, to the fabulous therapy staff, including the director who always takes the time to give me an update on my loved one's progress, to the therapists who were able to find the right way to motivate her (as it's not always easy!) and got her back to her normal self, walking and shopping! The building was always clean and always surprised me that there were no odors. The administrator cares more than your average person, and was always willing to lend a hand when needed, and the social worker answered my billion daily questions with a smile. What I love most about North Hills is the small size and "family feel". We didn't feel like just a number. I am so appreciative of the staff who went above and beyond, and would send my loved one there all over again, and will continue to highly recommend this lovely place to everyone in my community.

classic1020 February 24, 2017

I have been coming to NHHR for many years ...to visit many of the residents that live there long term ...it is a wonderful place for them to live ...the activities, nursing, housekeeoing ,maintenance social services..and all that keep this place running..do a fantastic job..i have been in other places ...and i would rate NHHR a TOP OFF THE LINE FACILITY

Caring family member11 February 24, 2017

I would like to share my experience for this Rehab Center. My Mom came here a month ago from the hospital. She need all kinds of help to promote her routine life quality. As long as we step into this building, we felt it is just like at home. The administrator Carolyn H. welcome us warmly and kindly. She is so responsible to make sure everything is being taken care of.. My mom doesn't speak English. The social worker Elyssa learned to put the translation program into her I Phone. She taught every to use it in order to be able to communicate with my mom. Mom is very satisfied and happy to tell me that she likes here. People is so nice and friendly to her and take a good care of her needs. I have been dealing with all the staffs about my mom's needs. The physical therapy, aids, nurses, so on are very skilled trained and have the positive attitude and good heart to help all the residents here. They are also cooperative working together to serve the resident needs. I do feel the trust to put my mom in this Rehab. I would like to suggest everyone of you who has the need should consider it first for your staying. Especially I like to share that they are so willing to make the corrections should something happens. We are, all human being and not perfect, so the humble attitude is so important. You will find all you need in this Rehab. God bless you. Praise The Lord! By the way, I have a neighbor who was here before. They constantly told me they like this Rehab and had the wonderful experience here.

Regret coming here February 16, 2017

My father was there and it was awful, from the first step into the building. The place smells like urine. The floors are dirty and the trashcans where overflowing. There was not enough help and the nurses were too busy talking to assist. When we went to the administrator, she just smiled and gave us the round about. Would never recommend this place to anyone. It was pathetic the people in charge don't seem to care, all they want is your money and a bed filled. Sad

regretting every sending family member here January 26, 2017

this place is a death sentence for anyone who comes here. If you care anything about your loved one do not send them here. The staff are no were and in and the nurses are too busy talking at the desk to take any interest in your concerns. The nurses just roll their eyes at you. Therapy is terrible, the boss came in to introduce herself and she acted as if we we beneath her. She was very snooty and no compassion or empathy at all. It was all about the bottom line. The rooms were filthy and unkempt. Dirty diapers in the trash can for days in the bathroom, dirty floors with stains all over them. When brought to the administrator attention, she just made some joke and tried to laugh it off. She gave us a coloring book, as if that would solve everything, while the floors continues to remain filthy as well as the room. The aides were rude and disrespectful., swearing multiple times. Please, please do not send your loves ones here unless you want them to die or suffer worse. Take it from a prior resident and family.

just a fly on the wall May 09, 2016

Other

well let me start by saying that the people that work there are wonderful from the kitchen to social workers and everyone in between. I think the big problem they have there is the blame is always someone else or an other department or the other shift not the person who is at fault. a have seen things there and know what i say like pt department making up their own equitiment because they do not have what they need and try to make up for it but if they had more item they would need more room. just like the kitchen they need a lot more room for ovens and things then they could do real cooking and not just a lot of premade meal items i know they have a chief there that could cook up a storm and within different diets needs they have a social worker that goes way out to help she will fight to the end. there is a girl in housekeeping that is great she makes her own wonderful spray that she will spray and it is lite and makes the room smell nice along with making your room nice and clean then we come to the nurses they are very good well most of them they are right there with your meds but when you hit your button for help most of them think it is up to the aide to answer it well they sit and talk and they will say they are doing their charts and things when you can hear them talking and laughing well you are in pain or not getting your air because the hose has poped off or some other problem that you need a nurse for i guess there should be 2 buttons one for the nurse and the other one for the aide.but in all fairness there are a lot of times there are not enough nurse for a lot of the shifts most of all night shift come on 2 nurses for the whole building at night when there is a death god forbid then you just have one running both floors. then there are the great backbone of any place like this the nurses aides the get all the dirty work their buns run off and have to track things down be a sounding board not to say about them getting hit or things thown at them or spat on they still come in and smile as they clean the person up whatever it may be top or bottom ha ha. but they are so over worked they work i would say like 3 shifts in one they need to hire more aides and not cut the hours but have more per shifts. in other words look out for the workers and not so much for the money until you get it straighten up then you will have happier workers and happier residents

bobbiepinn March 04, 2015

My father stayed in the skilled nursing unit for several months. I thought the outside of the facility was very welcoming. Had a "homey" type of feel. However, when you go inside the building it felt very hospital like. The rooms and the bathrooms did not always appear to be clean. Also, during my father's stay he contracted scabies from another resident AND cdiff. He had stayed at other local facilities before and never contracted anything. So not sure why this happened here. The PT department had very knowledgeable staff, however, they lacked equipment. Did not even have a recumbent bike. I brought this up to the administration and they acknowledged this issue and said that their "PT staff does the best they can with the equipment they have". This is most certainly NOT a place to send someone that has an existing condition that requires intense PT. The PT room is also VERY small. I would highly suggest you go and tour the PT area before sending a loved one there so that you get a clear understanding of the PT that will be provided (this was my mistake). One big positive, is that the staff was very kind throughout my father's stay. They were very helpful and were quick to respond to my questions/needs. The staff would even sit daily with my father to help him eat (this is a big deal since I have found at other facilities they did NOT do this). I did notice though that sometimes it seemed like they were too short staffed to take care of the needs of all residents in a timely manner (e.g., bathroom assistance, dressing --- sometimes I would go there in the afternoon & my father would still be in a hospital gown!). So, in summary, take a tour --- and this should be a rule of thumb before using the services at any facility..

chris7267 November 22, 2014

I've got my mom into North Hills. It is a small facility, and the care is very personal. It is located just north of the city in Wexford, PA, so scenic-wise it is very pretty. There are woods around there, and the grounds are very nice. Like I said, the care is very personalized. They do a lot of activities with them. During the warm days, they would take them outside and do activities with them. They take care of all of her needs. Even the physicians that she sees or different specialists make arrangements for her and provide transportation, so it is very comprehensive. They really take care of everything, and we are very pleased.

About North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Wexford, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: