Payment Options

Reviews of North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center

Average Rating: 3.5 3.5 out of 5 stars based on 2 Reviews

North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center
Posted by bobbiepinn March 04, 2015

My father stayed in the skilled nursing unit for several months. I thought the outside of the facility was very welcoming. Had a "homey" type of feel. However, when you go inside the building it felt very hospital like. The rooms and the bathrooms did not always appear to be clean. Also, during my father's stay he contracted scabies from another resident AND cdiff. He had stayed at other local facilities before and never contracted anything. So not sure why this happened here. The PT department had very knowledgeable staff, however, they lacked equipment. Did not even have a recumbent bike. I brought this up to the administration and they acknowledged this issue and said that their "PT staff does the best they can with the equipment they have". This is most certainly NOT a place to send someone that has an existing condition that requires intense PT. The PT room is also VERY small. I would highly suggest you go and tour the PT area before sending a loved one there so that you get a clear understanding of the PT that will be provided (this was my mistake). One big positive, is that the staff was very kind throughout my father's stay. They were very helpful and were quick to respond to my questions/needs. The staff would even sit daily with my father to help him eat (this is a big deal since I have found at other facilities they did NOT do this). I did notice though that sometimes it seemed like they were too short staffed to take care of the needs of all residents in a timely manner (e.g., bathroom assistance, dressing --- sometimes I would go there in the afternoon & my father would still be in a hospital gown!). So, in summary, take a tour --- and this should be a rule of thumb before using the services at any facility..

North Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center
Posted by chris7267 November 22, 2014

I've got my mom into North Hills. It is a small facility, and the care is very personal. It is located just north of the city in Wexford, PA, so scenic-wise it is very pretty. There are woods around there, and the grounds are very nice. Like I said, the care is very personalized. They do a lot of activities with them. During the warm days, they would take them outside and do activities with them. They take care of all of her needs. Even the physicians that she sees or different specialists make arrangements for her and provide transportation, so it is very comprehensive. They really take care of everything, and we are very pleased.

Medicare Ratings