NEED HELP FINDING NURSING HOMES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Manorcare of Hinsdale

Posted by Caring107198950 June 01, 2015
3.0

My brother is in Manorcare of Hinsdale. They are like robots. They all come to the table, they sit, and they wait. I don't know where the food comes from, but it's not cooked there. He is in a shared room with skilled nursing, which is very small, but it ia clean. The nurses and the techs are great; they take care of him. He can't speak or write, and if he has to go to the bathroom and get their attention, he can't. I was told that they check the patients every two hours to go to the bathroom, but I'm there sometimes five hours, and no one has asked them to go.

The place is clean and pretty organized. We brought him there,and we basically had to prop him in a wheelchair and wheel him. No one came out to greet him or see how he was getting into the room. We didn't know that there's a second menu. We didn't know that we could've ordered him double. He weighs 330 pounds, and he is always hungry. They don't know his inabilities. They haven't brushed his teeth, and he has been there two weeks. They don't know that he can't cut his food or he can't call for help. He doesn't know how to wheel a wheelchair because of his brain atrophy. He is on the far side of the room by the window, so he can't push the buzzer, and he cannot tell the nurse what he'll buzz for because he can't speak. I've asked for a wheelchair three times, but they've got him a tiny wheelchair without the leg lift. They don't match, and they don't work. His legs are down all the time, and it has no back support or leg support. Now, his legs are back to being swollen. There was one day when they put his food on his roommate's table, so he was starving, and I had to go search his tray down.

Posted by Caring105865350 February 10, 2015
2.0

Manorcare of Hinsdale has a very nice structure. It has beautiful furniture and a beautiful lobby. It is situated in a good location on a main thoroughfare that goes through several communities, but the staff does not appear to be very attentive. I've visited people there many times, and I haven't heard much positive feedback. The complaints I get are that the residents call but they don't come and that the food is not good.

Posted by Caring100669350 January 19, 2015
4.0

Manor Care was good and bad. Nurses on duty, I was in several different rooms; I went to the hospital, but I was in there twice so I changed rooms. The worst experience I had was with the social worker last week. She didn’t help me; she didn’t get me lined up with any help at all. I was here alone for two weeks with nobody, I was really suffering, and she just didn’t help me.

The people that were in rehab and the people that help me walk were really nice. The facility was very well done, and the food was pretty good. But they must have better help with social workers.

Posted by Jaime1 January 20, 2012
4.0

My grandma was in this facility for about six months before she passed away. It was always clean and the staff was very friendly. They recognized family members and were always kind to us. My grandma seemed to enjoy the food on the days that she felt like eating. The staff was kind to her and were able to give us details like she was speaking polish the morning she died. They had activities for the people that were able to take part in them. I believe that she was well cared for. I appreciate the staff and management of Manor Care.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 145246

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality