Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center

36137 W WARREN, Westland, MI, 48185

Reviews of Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center

kyleelynn June 23, 2014

My grandmother was here for the last two weeks of her life, and she was miserable. I got into fights with the nurses every single time I went, I left crying because of the circumstances. Didn't suction her trach enough, she would cry because they wouldn't do it and she couldn't breathe. They didn't change her diaper and she layed in urnine time after time. The nurses are rude and inconsiderate, they don't talk to the patients when taking care of them. The place looks dirty and is loud. My grandmother ended up pulling her trach out of her throat, (most likely out of frusteration), I would most likely die rather than live in this place. Thankyou.

Carol Moore March 31, 2014

My Mother suffered a severe infection after gross neglect in that facility. The place stinks to high heaven. That is a sure sign that the seniors in diapers are not changed like they should be. The lack of communication between staff, administrator and social workers is appalling. My mother would have died of severe infection had I not walked her out of there and took to an E.R.

Mary457 January 23, 2014

smelled, therapists were lazy, sitting around all the time, nurses rude.didn't seem like many people cared about patients

Kenneth7 December 24, 2013

This place has rehabilitation services. They gave us a tour and based on what my mother wanted, it was the total opposite. It didn't have any independent rooms and all they have were semi-private rooms. With my mom not being able to really bring any of her things in there and all of that, it made it unacceptable. My mother is a little more independent for this facility.

Caring68792050 October 23, 2013

Westland was clean but the rooms were drab looking. I didn't really care for it because of the nursing care. They didn't have enough staff and I think that's probably industry-wide. I have no complaints with the food though. I went there because the physician that I had was on staff but if I had other choices, I wouldn't go back there.

Tamsagram6 September 25, 2013

This place is not good. My step mother is very unhappy here. We are moving her because she was neglected by the nurses and the aids. She felll and hurt her head and the family was not notified and she did not get a medical evaluation inspite of a gash on her forehead. The nurses aids are negligent and disrespectful. The place is dirty. However the nurses do put on a good show for potential clients/patients. What a shameful way to treat those who cannot care for themselves. Praying our family can find a better place for her.

Alice6 May 31, 2013

Mom was at Westland Convalescent for three months. I liked that they were well-staffed. There's a nurse on call, they had doctors to look at her, a therapist to help her with her hands, and social workers who are on call. There is someone there that you can talk to at any time for anything. The rooms were nice, too. However, they need to address whatever it is that's causing the terrible odor. I mentioned the problem to them and I did notice by the third time I was there that they did get on it.

marybe August 20, 2012

Woukdnt recommend, this place smells. Nurses are snappy when you ask questions. The one nurse Sam, told me to mind my own business very rude. I reported her. others sit around in other patients rooms on cell phones, eating of nearby cofee /food carts. How does this place stay open?

HeatherMae November 18, 2011

My grandmother was a resident here. She lived here for years. I visited her about twice a week, and my father visited her at least once a day. The facility, overall, was nice. It appeared to be clean and always kept up. It offers outdoor space to visit family with, as well as a few smaller library rooms to visit in. The staff, however, was not always the most friendly or helpful. Although the doctors were very knowledgeable and helpful, the staff usually seemed like they were doing you a favor. They were rude to some of the residents as well. Because my grandmother had a lot of visitors who could ensure she was bathed, and fed on time, I think she received better care than those who didn't have daily visitors. The establishment offers a lot of senior activities also on a daily basis, but it doesn't seem like any of the residents are really made aware of them. The same few people would be involved in the activities. We would tell my grandmother about something going on that day, and she would be interested, but have no idea about it. There were also many cases that the staff would help everyone down to the cafeteria for lunch or dinner, and then they would take hours to help them back to their rooms. This caused the residents to have to sit there and wait for hours to go back. I think that if the establishment monitored and took a little more care in hiring their employees, it would be a good nursing home. There were some friendly ones, but they seemed to not stay around too long.

Social Worker # 1 November 14, 2011

I visited Westland Nursing facility in January of 2011. In general, I thought Westland was an excellent choice for someone that is looking for a placement for a friend or family member. The facility was beautiful inside and out and it was clean and well maintained and structured to fit anyone's individual needs.

The grounds of the facility are beautiful and well maintained and very well structured and the landscape was beautiful and coordinated very well. The common areas of the facility were beautiful and had a much laid back, quiet atmosphere surrounding it. The surrounding neighborhood was also beautiful and complimented the facility in general the neighborhood was also beautiful and elegant looking. The residents' rooms are gorgeous and had a picture perfect view inside and out. The residents' rooms were of earth tone colors and the facility was also of earth tone colors also. The residents there were socializing with one another and seemed very happy together. Some of the residents were singing as one of the residents was playing the piano in a very large dining area. The facility did not smell and it was nice and clean. I really liked the d├ęcor in the facility it was all coordinated very well together and so did the furniture there. The furniture there was cherry and cedar wood but it was very beautiful to look at and I know that the residents also enjoy the beauty of the furniture and the other surrounding areas in and outside the facility.

The staff and management of the facility are very professional, team, task oriented in their job duties and performance. They also treat the residents like family. I think the residents receive excellent and professional care there.

While I was there, I noticed that the residents' food looked good and also smelled good. I noticed that a staff person was always in sight for the residents to see if they needed something a staff person was always available for them. I would give Westland Convalescent Center a five star rating for its excellence and expertise in patient care.

Overall, Westland Nursing facility is an excellent choice for someone that is looking for a beautiful large nursing facility for a friend or family member who loves to interact with others in an elegant setting. There they would never get lonely because there are so many nice and wonderful people for them to interact with. I would recommend it to everyone, anyone, and anyone of any age group that is looking for a beautiful, elegant, nursing facility for a friend or family member. I know that they would like it there and I know that they would also do well there.

About Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center

Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center is a nursing home in Westland, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Westland Convalescent & Rehab Center