Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home

1155 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ, 07052

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home

kakie66 July 22, 2015

I had high hopes for this facility when they admitted my father. However, in retrospect, I feel that they hastened my father's demise and death, within only a few months of his stay there. The nursing care is haphazard, there is insufficient CNA oversight for the number of residents, the food is often served cold or lukewarm/unappetizing and the activities program is quite limited in terms of interests. Physical therapy and occupational therapy are inconsistently administered and there are no clinical social work services to speak of. I would never admit another relative to this facility.

GI.MD February 14, 2015

There truly is none Better. My Mom was cared for in the most kind loving and positive environment from the rehabilitation through a wonderful and long yet productive and at all times medical clinicians who are superb. Thanks DOI

SCain1 June 23, 2012

The facility itself is extremely nice and quite comfortable as far as the rooms, the outside area, activities and amneties. The staff there is wonderful and no matter what the patient/resident needs, they are there to help. The medical staff is also wonderful, and they do everything they can to make sure the patient/resident is comfortable and happy. This is a kosher facility, but patients/residents can have food brought in by family members and eaten either in their room or in one of the many family rooms provided. There are many activities offered every day, from movies, concerts, games, etc. and the patients and residents are always encouraged to enjoy all of them and are also encouraged to mingle and make friends. The laundry service was also top notch, with clothes being collected on a Sunday and brought back to the patient/resident the next day. All in all, I felt that this is an excellent facility and should I ever need to live in an assisted living facility this is where I would go.

John5 January 28, 2012

Daughters of Israel, the West Orange nursing home, has greatly impressed me over the years. I used to visit a lot while my grandmother was staying there and never came across an unhappy person. The staff seems to take great care of the patients' every need. There are events held for the patients, whether it be arts and crafts, or a group of visiting children to brighten their day. I feel that this facility is different than others in that patients can benefit more through proper care and lack of neglect. There are staff members on call around the clock, to tend to the residents' every need and are always optimistic and caring.The only small change I would like to see in this facility is the food. On the few occasions I went to the cafeteria to have something to eat, the food seemed a bit stale. Although the food isn't great, I feel very lucky to know that my grandmother was taken care of very well.

About Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home

Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home is a nursing home in West Orange, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Daughters Of Israel Pleasant Valley Home