Indian River Center

7201 Greenboro Drive, West Melbourne, FL, 32904

Reviews of Indian River Center

September 29, 2015

By Trachsel

This place has no regard for pati3nts or family. I was kicked out before my doc advised and went home to no equipment promised, no walker, commode or shower chair. They didn't schedule p.t. either which family had to do. They were rude to family and my nurse was condescending to me!! Do not take your loved one here ever!!!!

May 13, 2015

By Carol106582350

I’ve been very happy with Indian River. It’s a good facility. It was recommended by an organization I called online. I didn’t see anybody unhappy, mistreated, or neglected. The place was spotless. I had great help in the admin office. She was very cooperative and helped me with Medicaid. The food is good.

February 28, 2015

My husband was at Indian River for quite a while after he left the hospital. He had a broken leg and he was in recovery. But we weren’t that happy. They didn't have anybody on duty sometimes at night. My husband fell out of bed. The other man who was in the next bed to him called to the nurse but nobody answered, and my husband was lying on the floor. So he called the front office and they took him to the hospital for an x-ray. They didn't call me. By the time I got over there, he was ready to go back. He had fallen again and hit his head. It was a big thing. People were telling me I had to sue them for their neglect and the fact that he was injured. The nurses were nice, but there weren't enough at night. They don't listen to the buzzer. It's a nice and well-kept facility. They are just short staffed. Nursing homes patients need a lot of attention. The food was not very good either. We had dinner there once. They gave him a slice of white bread with a meal.

January 15, 2015

By discussedfamilymember

Very disappointed. ..more trips back and forth to hospital due to facility's lack of supervision in facility...falls ect

November 30, 2014

I moved my mom in Indian River Center last week. It was in line with the memory clinic that I had been taking my mom to. It’s been a week and a day, but overall I’m 100% satisfied. Again, in one week and a day, everybody seemed to be going out of their way to help her. She is in a shared room. She went from the hospital to there, and they put her on a pureed food; she didn’t agree with it at all. They finally got her back on solid food yesterday. She gobbled it all up, so evidently it’s good. They’ve got activities for them. She’ll be involved in them, but just little at a time; she’s just getting back on her feet. It’s the cleanliness that impressed me.

February 01, 2014

By Hattie2

Indian River Center was one of the options that my mother's insurance company offered. It was on Sunday when I toured this facility so I didn't speak to the administrator but someone else gave me a tour of the facility. It was a large and lovely place. It was all on the ground and it didn't have any stairs. There was a garden that residents could go out and sit. It's secure, so they couldn't leave the facility and I like that. They even have a chapel for those who wanted their religious activities. There were different groups of clients based on their needs. The staff seemed to be working well with their clients. For activities, there were game rooms where some residents were doing activities, while others were watching TV in another area. There were also some patients in a more secure area having lunch together. They had three or four attendants in there with them to assist those who couldn't actually eat by themselves.

December 08, 2012

By FLANANA1

I was a short term resident of this facility for Re-hab . But, I had been a visitor for my husband who was a resident of the facility for 20 months in their Alzheimer's Unit. When I was admitted to the hospital, two days before Christmas last year I was very ill. I needed re-had before I could return home. I, myself, called this facility and asked if they had a bed available in their facility for me. Immediately got a resounding "yes". So when the doctor said I was ready to go to re-hab, I told him to call Indian River Center, to make the arrangement. From the very moment I entered the facility I felt that I was at home! The place was very clean, the food delicious, and the workers, from the nurses to the cleaning staff the best! I would recommend this facility to any and all of my friends and to all that need a facility to place their loved one. IT IS THE VERY BEST IN THIS AREA!!!!

June 16, 2012

By Helt

They were very sweet, very caring. They were great with him and were very personal.

Features of Indian River Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Indian River Center

Indian River Center is a nursing home in West Melbourne, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Indian River Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Indian River Center