Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

6535 Drake Road, West Bloomfield, MI, 48322

Reviews of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

relative of past resident October 11, 2016

My Father was a long term resident at Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for approximately two years. He received excellent care from every department. They have an outstanding Physical Therapy Department. Dr. Jain and her staff provide excellent medical service. The Financial / Billing department is professional and compassionate. The atmosphere at Notting Hill is peaceful, quiet, and comfortable. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

AbbyM April 19, 2016

My mother was at Notting Hill recently for the 2nd time and after previously trying 2 other well known rehab facilities in the area I'd never let her go anywhere again but Notting Hill. The therapy is fantastiic, her doctor was excellent, the nurses and aides were on top of her care, her room was always clean and the entire staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating!

observant family member April 19, 2016

PT and OT are good. Nursing care is terrible. Lots of lip service with no delivery. Staff is incompetent and phony, acting like they care, but providing as little care as they can get away with. Always had to be reminded of patients' needs and orders. Dr. does not return calls! Services were better 1 year ago...won't be back again.

Anonymous119089650 March 22, 2016

It seemed like Notting Hill has a great deal of employee turnover and didn’t give my mother the kind of personal care that I expected. They need to improve on their care the most. I did think that their rehab was very good.

Bee1972 March 02, 2016

My father had his knee replace and we decided on Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for his rehabilitation. The staff is lacking from knowledge to caring for other human beings. They continued to give him pain medication when it was ordered to be stopped. Shortage on supplies from breathing treatments to gloves. Poor communication.

Koko13 October 22, 2015

My father recently had his knee replaced and after surgery he had a heart attack. St Mary's told us he needed rehab before going home so we decided to go to this place. All the staff were amazing from the start. His nurses, and his aides did a wonderful job, they were so attentive to all his needs. The therapy is what it's all about and he was able to go home after about 2 weeks. I will continue to recommend this rehab to anyone!

luckystarr July 30, 2015

I was in notting hill and in my opinion it is the worst care I ever received. Please do not be fooled by the beautiful decor the nursing staff is the worst and the aids do nothing at all. There was one male aid that brought me water changed my bed if it had not been done. If he was not around nothing was done. I requested assistance with bathing never happened.
I you love and care about the person you are putting in there, go some place else or you will regret your decision!!

Docbig June 07, 2015

We just got my brother in law out of this place. Caregivers with a few exceptions were the worst! They really need to ask themselves why they work in this type of setting as the vast majority of them seem emotionless about their jobs or who they are caring for. Pretty wallpaper and a good location are not reason enough to sentience a loved one of your to this type of care. They actually took a residents call buzzer away for bothering them one night. That is abuse and will be felt with elsewhere. They give medicines out hours off schedule a crazy and unsafe situation due to cause harm if it hasn't already. Stay away!!! Wish we did.

Unhappy12345 April 05, 2015

Other

Not impressed with the staff at all. The first person sitting at the front reception it not friendly AT ALL. ...I was a bother to her to ask a question!!! The rest of the staff nursing aids, nurses are rough with my father. I transferred him to another center. I was very unhappy and shocked and disappointed with how unfriendly everyone was here!!!

Lynn37 January 16, 2015

Right now my husband is in the skilled nursing level of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield. Both the staff and the care are wonderful. The quality of service plus the knowledge and timeliness for certain healthcare conditions especially aggressive ones is wonderful. It is clean, aesthetically pleasing, and has all the amenities one would want such as valet parking. The meals are wonderful in terms of quality and the presentation, and they have all the modalities one could want from a rehab setting.

Jenny Cash November 20, 2014

My mother was a resident. The Facility is very nice. The care she receided was awful. She went for ReHab after surgery, they left her in bed. Didn't bathe her, change her clothes and she couldn't reach her phone for help. Her health declined and she was taken by Ambulance to Henry Ford Hospital. To be fair, we visited on different days at different times to compare care, it was all bad.

ILoveTheLord October 29, 2014

At first impression this place is awesome, however, when you look past the décor, you will find that the level of care and effectiveness of staff is sub-par at best. While most of the staff appear friendly (likable), they are lazy and will only do the bare requirement. If you are looking for a facility that offers great (I would settle for good) care, you should look further, as you will not find it here. However, if you are looking for a newer, pretty place but require almost no staff interaction, this is a good place to look.

Daylilly September 12, 2014

My experience with Notting Hill comes a year later than the first review. Things have changed. Nursing and cna care ranges from caring and efficient to grumpy and sloppy. Staff now has disintegrated into factions. We have heard "that's not my job" or " night shift should be more careful" numerous times. The building, grounds, and common areas are well maintained but room cleaning is not up to par.

The food is average. Should your require a special diet avoid this facility altogether. Five days into our stay errors in doctors ordered diet are still happening. Food service staff especially management is very nice, but ineffective. The dietician actually told us she was disappointed in the response from the kitchen when she tried to address the errors. These comments should be made to the facilities director, not the patients and their families. If someone is not doing their job and management doesn't retrain, encourage, or fire the slackers the whole facility degrades.

Naomi4 February 27, 2014

The only other place I went to was Notting Hill but they don't have any living areas there. That place was awesome. I was there for almost two months. The facility is just about a year old so it's a brand new facility. Top notch décor. They had a piano room that had a big grand piano, couches, table and chair set up in there. They have a big screen TV in there. The dining room was like any top notch restaurant.

The rooms were spacious and clean and they were set up really nice. They had a chest, a drawer, a night stand and a free stand, an armoire closet. I can actually get into the bathroom to use the commode. The cleaning staff and the housekeeping staff kept the rooms clean and the maintenance staff was constantly going around, touching up little smudges of paint and whatever needed cleaning. They kept the place in excellent condition.

All of their caregivers were certified CNAs and the nurses were at the kiosk in the hallways right outside my door. There was a nurse there 24 hours a day unless they take half an hour and go on to the dining room because there was a nurse always present in the dining room. The caregivers gave utmost care. You rang for them, they were there in 5 minutes or so. You didn't have to wait half an hour for them to come if you would want it. They were accommodating.

Everybody knew what they had to do and that was done. They would stop to see what you needed whether it would be a therapist or a social worker. They all seem to work together. There wasn't a lot of bickering among the staff. The therapist worked really hard with working with you to get you back. They work effortlessly to get you back in shape as quickly as possible.

About Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

Notting Hill of West Bloomfield is a nursing home in West Bloomfield, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 235663

Location of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield