Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

6535 Drake Road, West Bloomfield, MI, 48322

Reviews of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

June 07, 2017

By pw721

My mom was a patient there and excellent care . The food was excellent. The staff was nice and caring. She felt as if she was at home. My mom was there in November and she still talks about how she had no worries. We recommend it to family and friends all the time

May 11, 2017

By NanaA

Staff is very friendly and caring. They help when needed.

March 06, 2017

By robertb308

I found the staff to be friendly and caring. The therapy program was great and the food was excellent. They even have a full menu to choose from in your room and dining room. The facility was clean and did a great job with laundry.

February 21, 2017

By ni-riain

My father was there for less than two weeks for rehab. Although the facility was clean and nicely decorated, Dad said that the night shift treated him roughly. Medications ordered from the hospital took more than 24 hours to be delivered, during which time, Dad went without. Usually, Dad was still in bed, not dressed when we went to visit. Request/reminders to provide care were met with delayed response. Several searches to find the nurse to ask questions were unsuccessful. When the nurse was found, questions were answered with the statement, 'I don't know' Even the dietary department seemed to find a request for tea with his meals unreasonable. In the time Dad was there, he was sent to ER twice. The second time, we decided to move him to another facility. PT was great. The ward clerk was rude and dismissive. It took a full week for admissions to have me sign the papers, and I was never approached by any department representative for admission interviews. As a former nurse in a nursing care facility, I found the entire experience appalling. I will not recommend this facility to anyone.

February 14, 2017

By park1

Therapy seemed to be the only good thing here. Our family member was unfortunately removed from here. Therpay during the day seem to be helpful. Once the evening shift comes on let the games begin. Never around!!! Nurses are overwhelmed with too many patients. They are reluctant to help .Our family member didn't get the right medication for a week and was forced to be removed and sent to the hospital to have meds corrected. staff seems bothered to do anything. When we called in the evening to check on our family member the staff would hang up or not answer. Yet day time nurses seemed to do their job. I assume due to supervisory staff being where during the day. The therapy is great. it's unfortunate that patients and this facility will suffer if management doesnt take the time to hire quality, caring people that are up to the task of caring for our loved ones.

January 24, 2017

By Maczac

My mother is getting treated badly. They didn't even come in to get her dress, the physical therapist got her dress at 11:45am today. She has only got 1 shower the entire time she's been there. Nursing staff doesn't respond to her especially when she has to be helped with her walker to the bathroom. The food is terrible and has lost over 10 pounds and can't lost any more weight. I had to call several times this past weekend to get them to call her doctor. I'm making sure she gets transferred immediately!!! The DON hasn't even returned my phone call, let alone her nurse when I had concerns about her health. Everything is documented and I will hold the facility accountable for anything bad that happens to my mother. I'm 300 miles away otherwise I would sign her out myself!

January 08, 2017

By unhappy advocate

Don't get me wrong; the staff that is there is very friendly and helpful; the problem is the facility doesn't have enough staff. While my mother was there the following occurred; we took her out on daily leaves and she was never given any medication to cover while we were gone...she was prescribed a medication for pain which the facility was out of for four days; they missed giving her one of her medications; the water therapy which was the biggest draw for us was only given once in the time my mom was there because the therapist went on vacation; if you came for visitation in the evening it is hard to get in or out as there is no staff to unlock the door. The alarm at the door is always going off and ignored because staff knows people set it off to leave the place.

January 06, 2017

By jaimma

Never sent your loved one here! The therapy may be adequate but the nursing care is horrible and dangerous to the patients. My mom put on 10 pounds of water weight and her legs were weeping and they did nothing. The nurse lied about the treatment. They grabbed her oxygen away from her even though she was told by the oxygen supply company to take it home. They sent her to the ER with chest pains and never called any family member. When they realized how angry we were at her treatment and how sick she was when discharged someone called the hospital to get information about her. This is in total violation of the HIPAA law. Be sure to report your poor and/or dangerous treatment to the State. 800-882-6006

January 02, 2017

By Mike77777

This facility was a horrible experience. We waited hours to obtain a bandage to cover an open wound, never received the prescription needed for an infection. Very poor service and carpeting throughout facility which harbors germs.

October 11, 2016

By relative of past resident

My Father was a long term resident at Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for approximately two years. He received excellent care from every department. They have an outstanding Physical Therapy Department. Dr. Jain and her staff provide excellent medical service. The Financial / Billing department is professional and compassionate. The atmosphere at Notting Hill is peaceful, quiet, and comfortable. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

April 19, 2016

By AbbyM

My mother was at Notting Hill recently for the 2nd time and after previously trying 2 other well known rehab facilities in the area I'd never let her go anywhere again but Notting Hill. The therapy is fantastiic, her doctor was excellent, the nurses and aides were on top of her care, her room was always clean and the entire staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating!

April 19, 2016

By observant family member

PT and OT are good. Nursing care is terrible. Lots of lip service with no delivery. Staff is incompetent and phony, acting like they care, but providing as little care as they can get away with. Always had to be reminded of patients' needs and orders. Dr. does not return calls! Services were better 1 year ago...won't be back again.

March 22, 2016

By Anonymous119089650

It seemed like Notting Hill has a great deal of employee turnover and didn’t give my mother the kind of personal care that I expected. They need to improve on their care the most. I did think that their rehab was very good.

March 02, 2016

By Bee1972

My father had his knee replace and we decided on Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for his rehabilitation. The staff is lacking from knowledge to caring for other human beings. They continued to give him pain medication when it was ordered to be stopped. Shortage on supplies from breathing treatments to gloves. Poor communication.

October 22, 2015

By Koko13

My father recently had his knee replaced and after surgery he had a heart attack. St Mary's told us he needed rehab before going home so we decided to go to this place. All the staff were amazing from the start. His nurses, and his aides did a wonderful job, they were so attentive to all his needs. The therapy is what it's all about and he was able to go home after about 2 weeks. I will continue to recommend this rehab to anyone!

July 30, 2015

By luckystarr

I was in notting hill and in my opinion it is the worst care I ever received. Please do not be fooled by the beautiful decor the nursing staff is the worst and the aids do nothing at all. There was one male aid that brought me water changed my bed if it had not been done. If he was not around nothing was done. I requested assistance with bathing never happened. I you love and care about the person you are putting in there, go some place else or you will regret your decision!!

June 07, 2015

By Docbig

We just got my brother in law out of this place. Caregivers with a few exceptions were the worst! They really need to ask themselves why they work in this type of setting as the vast majority of them seem emotionless about their jobs or who they are caring for. Pretty wallpaper and a good location are not reason enough to sentience a loved one of your to this type of care. They actually took a residents call buzzer away for bothering them one night. That is abuse and will be felt with elsewhere. They give medicines out hours off schedule a crazy and unsafe situation due to cause harm if it hasn't already. Stay away!!! Wish we did.

April 05, 2015

By Unhappy12345

Other

Not impressed with the staff at all. The first person sitting at the front reception it not friendly AT ALL. ...I was a bother to her to ask a question!!! The rest of the staff nursing aids, nurses are rough with my father. I transferred him to another center. I was very unhappy and shocked and disappointed with how unfriendly everyone was here!!!

January 16, 2015

By Lynn37

Right now my husband is in the skilled nursing level of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield. Both the staff and the care are wonderful. The quality of service plus the knowledge and timeliness for certain healthcare conditions especially aggressive ones is wonderful. It is clean, aesthetically pleasing, and has all the amenities one would want such as valet parking. The meals are wonderful in terms of quality and the presentation, and they have all the modalities one could want from a rehab setting.

November 20, 2014

By Jenny Cash

My mother was a resident. The Facility is very nice. The care she receided was awful. She went for ReHab after surgery, they left her in bed. Didn't bathe her, change her clothes and she couldn't reach her phone for help. Her health declined and she was taken by Ambulance to Henry Ford Hospital. To be fair, we visited on different days at different times to compare care, it was all bad.

October 29, 2014

By ILoveTheLord

At first impression this place is awesome, however, when you look past the décor, you will find that the level of care and effectiveness of staff is sub-par at best. While most of the staff appear friendly (likable), they are lazy and will only do the bare requirement. If you are looking for a facility that offers great (I would settle for good) care, you should look further, as you will not find it here. However, if you are looking for a newer, pretty place but require almost no staff interaction, this is a good place to look.

September 12, 2014

By Daylilly

My experience with Notting Hill comes a year later than the first review. Things have changed. Nursing and cna care ranges from caring and efficient to grumpy and sloppy. Staff now has disintegrated into factions. We have heard "that's not my job" or " night shift should be more careful" numerous times. The building, grounds, and common areas are well maintained but room cleaning is not up to par. The food is average. Should your require a special diet avoid this facility altogether. Five days into our stay errors in doctors ordered diet are still happening. Food service staff especially management is very nice, but ineffective. The dietician actually told us she was disappointed in the response from the kitchen when she tried to address the errors. These comments should be made to the facilities director, not the patients and their families. If someone is not doing their job and management doesn't retrain, encourage, or fire the slackers the whole facility degrades.

February 27, 2014

By Naomi4

The only other place I went to was Notting Hill but they don't have any living areas there. That place was awesome. I was there for almost two months. The facility is just about a year old so it's a brand new facility. Top notch décor. They had a piano room that had a big grand piano, couches, table and chair set up in there. They have a big screen TV in there. The dining room was like any top notch restaurant. The rooms were spacious and clean and they were set up really nice. They had a chest, a drawer, a night stand and a free stand, an armoire closet. I can actually get into the bathroom to use the commode. The cleaning staff and the housekeeping staff kept the rooms clean and the maintenance staff was constantly going around, touching up little smudges of paint and whatever needed cleaning. They kept the place in excellent condition. All of their caregivers were certified CNAs and the nurses were at the kiosk in the hallways right outside my door. There was a nurse there 24 hours a day unless they take half an hour and go on to the dining room because there was a nurse always present in the dining room. The caregivers gave utmost care. You rang for them, they were there in 5 minutes or so. You didn't have to wait half an hour for them to come if you would want it. They were accommodating. Everybody knew what they had to do and that was done. They would stop to see what you needed whether it would be a therapist or a social worker. They all seem to work together. There wasn't a lot of bickering among the staff. The therapist worked really hard with working with you to get you back. They work effortlessly to get you back in shape as quickly as possible.

Features of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Notting Hill of West Bloomfield

Notting Hill of West Bloomfield is a nursing home in West Bloomfield, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Notting Hill of West Bloomfield for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Notting Hill of West Bloomfield